Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

What do the different ship part origins mean?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Apr 16, 2012
I've been wondering this for awhile, what do ship part origins mean and why can't I use some origins?

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
If an origin is specified for the equipment you are trying to equip it on, you have to match that origin to the ship to be able to equip it. If it doesn't match, you won't be able to equip the equipment.

Anchors, Cannons, Horns and Wheels usually have an origin of ANY and can be used on any ship you have. Armor, Figureheads, Rudders, and Sails usually specify a world origin and can only be used on a ship from that world.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Origin means the style of ship, so items like Figure heads, Sails, etc., match the ship-body, so you have to have the same origin part to equip. Wheels and anchors don't need to match

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
MajesticChloe on Oct 16, 2018 wrote:
I've been wondering this for awhile, what do ship part origins mean and why can't I use some origins?
They indicate what kind of ship can use that gear. For example a Marleybone origin ship can't use a Bison ( Cool Ranch origin ) gear.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
The different origins refers to what world the ships come from. Each world has it's own style of ships. Certain parts of ships, if you tried to put them on a ship from a different world, it just wouldn't work or look right. If you tried to put armor from a sharp prowed Aquila Galleon on a wide prowed Monquistan galleon, it would look a bad mismatch.