Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Question Involving First Gen Pets

AuthorMessage
Captain
Jun 10, 2013
Does anyone know what would happen if someone morphed 2 of the same first generation pet together that didn't make a hybrid? Would you get a second generation pet of the same type that had the same talent pool of the 2 first generation pets you morphed?

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
I think you would get a second generation pet that would look like it's parents, but I suspect that it would not be likely to have an identical talent and power list. It might have doubles of some potential powers and talents, but might be missing some from the original lists. Even if it had the same talents and powers, the order they were in might not be the same.

Ensign
Jun 12, 2012
Calamity Finch on Nov 3, 2017 wrote:
I think you would get a second generation pet that would look like it's parents, but I suspect that it would not be likely to have an identical talent and power list. It might have doubles of some potential powers and talents, but might be missing some from the original lists. Even if it had the same talents and powers, the order they were in might not be the same.
This is wrong. When you use both of the same first generation you will ALWAYS get an identical pet (unless they make a hybrid). The Talents and Power will always be in the same order as they're predetermined from a list that has all of them in order. Which is why there's a project called Project O (standing for Order), which is a project meant to figure out where all the talents and powers fall on each other which really helps determine the pool of your pet to see if you have a certain talent/power or not.

The reason why some talents have duplicates is because they're considered different by game data, such as the double Epic Shot in Ebon Spectre, but other than that talents don't duplicate by themselves. It has to exist as separate talents in the first place to even happen.

However, even if the list of talents and powers are the same, the way talents are manifested are unfortunately completely random. Someone made a test with this using the same first generation pet and the results end up completely different that was expected from its parents. So if a pet has a talent you want the chances of manifesting it don't increase if you parent also has it.

Basically, all you really get is pretty much another of the same first generation pet, with same pool and same chance of manifesting each talent. This is useful if you're building a pool from scratch or helping the Central Wiki with possible missing talents, but other than that there's not much going for it.

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
Kit Kat Kit on Nov 13, 2017 wrote:
This is wrong. When you use both of the same first generation you will ALWAYS get an identical pet (unless they make a hybrid). The Talents and Power will always be in the same order as they're predetermined from a list that has all of them in order. Which is why there's a project called Project O (standing for Order), which is a project meant to figure out where all the talents and powers fall on each other which really helps determine the pool of your pet to see if you have a certain talent/power or not.

The reason why some talents have duplicates is because they're considered different by game data, such as the double Epic Shot in Ebon Spectre, but other than that talents don't duplicate by themselves. It has to exist as separate talents in the first place to even happen.

However, even if the list of talents and powers are the same, the way talents are manifested are unfortunately completely random. Someone made a test with this using the same first generation pet and the results end up completely different that was expected from its parents. So if a pet has a talent you want the chances of manifesting it don't increase if you parent also has it.

Basically, all you really get is pretty much another of the same first generation pet, with same pool and same chance of manifesting each talent. This is useful if you're building a pool from scratch or helping the Central Wiki with possible missing talents, but other than that there's not much going for it.
That helps me so much, thanks. Guess I can get rid up to all but my 2 best birthday pets of each species(and morph them if I need another), thanks!

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Thanks Kit Kat Kit for telling how it is. I never bothered with morphing identical pets, because I was always interested in getting ones that were different, and wasn't super interested in the hybrid that came from mixing identical pets, at least not yet. I'm a little surprised about the talent list being identical. I guess one reason you might want to do it, hybrids aside, is if you have a first gen pet you love the looks of, but the manifested talents are not what you wanted to show. If you keep morphing the same first gens together, eventually you can get one with the talents you desire to manifest, from the first gen list. That right?

Ensign
Jun 12, 2012
Calamity Finch on Nov 13, 2017 wrote:
Thanks Kit Kat Kit for telling how it is. I never bothered with morphing identical pets, because I was always interested in getting ones that were different, and wasn't super interested in the hybrid that came from mixing identical pets, at least not yet. I'm a little surprised about the talent list being identical. I guess one reason you might want to do it, hybrids aside, is if you have a first gen pet you love the looks of, but the manifested talents are not what you wanted to show. If you keep morphing the same first gens together, eventually you can get one with the talents you desire to manifest, from the first gen list. That right?
Yes. That's how it is. It's really useful when you want a desired talent from the first gen pool to build a better pool from scratch. While the chances of manifesting don't increase on the new pet, I believe that at least it is more likely to pass down when mixing with another pet. It is worth knowing where it falls in the talent pool to see if the talent itself has been passed down or not before you even start training it.