Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Well, I asked for it! Blind Mew's Musings return

AuthorMessage
Captain
Jan 17, 2012
stephen361 on Sep 11, 2016 wrote:
Blind Mew is there going to be an Arc 2
If I recall correctly, he said, yes, IF we manage to get more players to play.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Blind Mew on Sep 9, 2016 wrote:
@Trimond297:
That's a lot of questions you have there. And I'm not in an easy position to answer them yet.

Don't count your arcs before they're hatched - we're still deep in "if all goes well" territory.

@MaxDegroot:

1) Cadiz!! I fully expected us to visit there, but we never did. Will we, eventually?

I did too, but things had to get compressed. I'm not sure about future visits - if all goes well, it'd definitely be a fun place to go, but the defeat of the Armada has taken away a big reason to go there.

2) Weak Valencian Steel. I thought this would be a part of the plot to defeat Kane. No?

No, not really, that was just a nifty side plot. It wasn't that all Valencian steel isnecessarily weak, it was just that the steel in question was too weak for the task it was used for.

3) Will we ever meet Erika the Red?

If all goes well, she's an obvious loose endto pick up...

4) The seers below Delphi. They erased early memories. What was the purpose of that? So we could ignore the differences of how our parents died?

That was an idea that sprang up while the quests were being written. It was a price you could pay without another boring quest goal to go kill and collect something, and it was so deep, so personal, that it really acquired stakes. I really dug the idea, and how dark it was. Given the players' reactions, it had exactly the intended effect.

5) Why do all of the shops in Marleybone have sharks hanging from the ceiling? Even ones that supposedly sell fruit!

That it the ancient principle of re-use. We only get to build so much - 5 different MB shops would make 5 other environments fall of the list.

@Piratical505

Throughout the last couple of worlds we have seen a decrease in witch doctors as enemies or even npcs.

Good point. I may have developed something of a blind spot to witch doctors. Our default "age of sail" setting and the lack of outright magic in Valencia definitely set the stage for this, but that's not good enough. I'll look to do better in future.
Ok. I was eager to know some answers. I also want to say, while I understand that you're in that territory, I had to ask questions.

Plus, even if the 1st arc's outline would remain to be as planned, I was imagining the final confrontation with Kane in El Dorado as a monstrous golden giant mishmash from his many defeats as Kane's final form. I hoped I would see that made, but, given there are no mechanics to have giant beings in the battleboard or in the background doing the fighting present, I figured there wouldn't be enough time to do it.

Ensign
Jul 17, 2014
So what about ship pvp or grizzleheim after Polaris!

Ensign
Jul 17, 2014
Also just a question was Merriweather Clark any reference to Merriweather Lewis and William Clark?

Ensign
Jul 17, 2014
I'm sorry but one more. Is there any Percy Jackson references in Aquila?

Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2015
Can you give us any hints as to what world we will traveling to next or would any hunts at all be telling?

Ensign
Feb 05, 2012
Hello there,
What does "the end" means at the end of Valencia 2?
Is it a temporary ending or a permanent one to the game?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Youssef Maged on Nov 18, 2016 wrote:
Hello there,
What does "the end" means at the end of Valencia 2?
Is it a temporary ending or a permanent one to the game?
If you noticed "The End" was followed by a question mark ( ) indicating that the story will continue but may not be about the Armada. We'll have to wait and see.

Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2015
anecorbie on Nov 19, 2016 wrote:
If you noticed "The End" was followed by a question mark ( ) indicating that the story will continue but may not be about the Armada. We'll have to wait and see.
Since the queen still lives and even though we've faught her, we still no very little about her. So I think the armada is mostly done but I think they will come back just as we've forgotten about them to fight us once more near the end of the game.

Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2015
For almost every world it has a "foreshadowing" of some kind earlier in the game. Monqiista was foreshadowed in the by skull island(can't remember the name atm) and in Puerto mico, Valencia in the ruins on doom island, cool ranch by 2 steam paddle boss ships in skull island and tradewinds skyway, Mooshu by a puppet show featuring captain gunn. Marleybone by all of port regal skyway. Aquila by almost every max level players' ship. So whatever world we get next will either be monqista part 2 or be clued by a part of a world we already have. I personally think darkmoor or krokotopia with the clues I can find atm.

Lieutenant
Nov 05, 2011
Talking about promotions, I really hope Monkey King gets a promotion.