Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

What more new Skyways are out there in Monquista?

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
I thought I would take this moment to ask you Pirates out there what Skyways would you like to see in Monquista sometime soon?

We've seen one Skyway, and so far, it was a thrill to adventure there.

So, let's ponder on this. What new Skyways do you think we should visit in Monquista sometime soon? The worlds are filled with numerous Skyways just waiting to be discovered out there.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
There are two un-named skyways at either end of Monquista, where do they lead? I would like to see Oryx.

Lieutenant
Sep 04, 2013
Probably the area with all the banana growing plantations, that or wherever all the gorillas live

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
I'd like to see an area of Monquista that has more plants, gardens and fountains, perhaps where El Toro's ancestors are from.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
Calamity Finch on May 12, 2017 wrote:
I'd like to see an area of Monquista that has more plants, gardens and fountains, perhaps where El Toro's ancestors are from.
El Toro is from Cool Ranch (*trumpets sound*) (Santo Pollo), which is like Mexico, but he's not from Spain. Monquista is like Spain. Anyway, I love plants, gardens, and fountains too!

- The Dashing Swashbuckler, A.K.A. Helpful Aurora Parker, Level 61 Swashbuckler
- The Reckless Pirate, A.K.A. Brave Kiley, Level 26 Buccaneer
- The Leading Commodore, A.K.A. Nora, Level 12 Privateer
- The Lazy Sharpshooter, A.K.A. Destiny Galway, Level 10 Musketeer

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Calamity Finch on May 12, 2017 wrote:
I believe El Toro ( insert trumpet ) is a native of Cool Ranch, Calamity. Check this month's newsletter for his Rogues Gallery.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
I did say Toro's ancestors, not Toro himself, nor did I mean his father. I always figured Santa Pollo was more of a version of Spanish California, as in the setting of the Zorro stories, than a Spain equivalent. The church there struck me as more of a Spanish mission style than European Spain. Cool ranch seems to be American West, with some areas having more of a Spanish influence, as California and other areas close to Mexico do. If Toro's entire family, all the way back, is from Cool Ranch, then where are all the other cows and bulls? Oh, and his adopted father, Don Rafael, the horse, where are the horses from? All the ones in Valencia seem to have horns. Don Rafael does not.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Calamity Finch on Jun 24, 2017 wrote:
I did say Toro's ancestors, not Toro himself, nor did I mean his father. I always figured Santa Pollo was more of a version of Spanish California, as in the setting of the Zorro stories, than a Spain equivalent. The church there struck me as more of a Spanish mission style than European Spain. Cool ranch seems to be American West, with some areas having more of a Spanish influence, as California and other areas close to Mexico do. If Toro's entire family, all the way back, is from Cool Ranch, then where are all the other cows and bulls? Oh, and his adopted father, Don Rafael, the horse, where are the horses from? All the ones in Valencia seem to have horns. Don Rafael does not.
There are other horses in Santo Pollo - that Professor, Don Guiterez ( Selena is his daughter who we rescue.) The Toreador, even the 2 horses who get rescued in Castillo Sapo ( if you do that side quest ). So I don't know why the confusion about Horses in Cool Ranch or Santo Pollo. They're not from Valencia.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
anecorbie on Jun 25, 2017 wrote:
There are other horses in Santo Pollo - that Professor, Don Guiterez ( Selena is his daughter who we rescue.) The Toreador, even the 2 horses who get rescued in Castillo Sapo ( if you do that side quest ). So I don't know why the confusion about Horses in Cool Ranch or Santo Pollo. They're not from Valencia.
Yes, all you're saying is true. However, I think the confusion of Valencia is that Unicorns live there and they look just like the Horses except that they have a horn. Yes, they are definitely not Horses!

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Ok so this is everything I know about Monquista's other skyways

First off there are the obisidian mines of Orryx, if you remember one of the governors from Puerto Mico was sent there as punishment, wether it's in Monquista or another part of the spiral (I reckon Darkmoor) it's one possible part of Monquista.

Second is a place I've only heard about from players is Gibbonian Way, it's supposedly where the Valvida brothers grew up, I don't know anything else about Gibbonian Way but it does sound like it could be a whole skyway with a new race of monkeys, search up gibon in google and see the monkeys that pop up, having different species of monkeys in Monquista is definitely a possibility as Miracle Mitch in Skull Island is a Proboscis Monkey

Lastly is the place I know most about is Camargon
You can find out about Camargon in the 2015 December newsletter by looking at Count Brastillo De Brass' Rogues Gallery. The Rogues Gallery mentions Brastillo's childhood home, a province called Camargon where he was raised by his peasant farmer father. Camargon is one of the last farming provinces left in Monquista and it wasn't affected by the drought. By how Camargon sounds it would probably be a lot different from Tierra Primata skyway because Camargon doesn't seem like it would be so royal.

Anyway that's all I have on Monquista, if anyone could share more info they know about Gibbonian Way that would be nice

Captain
Apr 24, 2016
Trimond297 on Dec 9, 2016 wrote:
I thought I would take this moment to ask you Pirates out there what Skyways would you like to see in Monquista sometime soon?

We've seen one Skyway, and so far, it was a thrill to adventure there.

So, let's ponder on this. What new Skyways do you think we should visit in Monquista sometime soon? The worlds are filled with numerous Skyways just waiting to be discovered out there.
I would like to see oryx.

(cough monquista expansion cough)