Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Faction Vendors and Scrip

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
May 25, 2012
I'm not even sure how much I myself like this idea, but since they're a common thing in other MMO's, what about faction vendors? Since many (most) of us are really eager for anything new to play in the game, and would also like to see some new ships and ship gear, a new set of daily quests to build increasing reputation with different groups might sate some of us for a while. You start out at "tolerated" and move to "friendly", "respected", and "honored". Each level of reputation unlocks things you can buy with scrip.

Want a water mole canoe? Go talk to Trader Tahi on Rapa Nui.

Want a ghost ship? Kaspar and the Friendly Ghosts are the ones to seek out.

Want an Armada vessel? Tiktok and the League of Free Clockworks are the ones to talk to.

To be sure, reputation grinding is tedious, but there are plenty of unused nooks and crannies to tuck these guys into, and it would give us some new ships to sail around.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Canny Matthew Toll... on Oct 16, 2018 wrote:
I'm not even sure how much I myself like this idea, but since they're a common thing in other MMO's, what about faction vendors? Since many (most) of us are really eager for anything new to play in the game, and would also like to see some new ships and ship gear, a new set of daily quests to build increasing reputation with different groups might sate some of us for a while. You start out at "tolerated" and move to "friendly", "respected", and "honored". Each level of reputation unlocks things you can buy with scrip.

Want a water mole canoe? Go talk to Trader Tahi on Rapa Nui.

Want a ghost ship? Kaspar and the Friendly Ghosts are the ones to seek out.

Want an Armada vessel? Tiktok and the League of Free Clockworks are the ones to talk to.

To be sure, reputation grinding is tedious, but there are plenty of unused nooks and crannies to tuck these guys into, and it would give us some new ships to sail around.

Faction vendors are common in Mirage of Wizard101, also. I like your suggestions of ships as vendor rewards. In W101 the rewards are houses, mounts ( flying carpet! ) gear or house guests, these could be included here as well.

But what about the scrip? Are you suggesting that they reward scrip or that their quests are in the skyway with a chance for scrip?

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Petty Officer
May 25, 2012
The scrip would simply be the currency these faction vendor take. More of an excuse for another place to spend scrip than anything else. If the primary rewards from these vendors were to be ships and ship gear, then their quests could be out in the skyways and carry the usual chance for scrip - maybe with a progressively increasing scrip yield from your quest-target ships the higher your appropriate faction ranking is.