Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

What's Cooking at the taverns?

AuthorMessage
Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
anecorbie on Dec 7, 2017 wrote:
I thought Alligator tasted like chicken?
If the chicken had been eating fish, yup, chicken that was eating fish covers the way it tastes fairly well. There are definite fishy flavors to it, with chicken like textures. It does not taste like regular chicken.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
The Silver Spur has a special on Prickly Pear Jelly. Get it now as a crew stocking stuffer. What other foods make nice gifts in the spiral? Maybe Tinned Figgy Pudding In the Isle of Dogs. Florenza Fire Sausage?

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Today, the bakers are working in the Admiral Benbow tavern. Baker Tom and Baker Colin are making a fashion statement, Cookie Clothes! Mmmmm, smells like Gingerbread in there. I recommend you get the ones made by Baker Tom, unusual, yet kind of stylish. The ones made by Baker Colin are, how shall I put this? Atrocious, hideous, tacky, clashing, a fashion disaster, a crime against fashion? All of those really. Oh, but they are colorful, really, ... really, really colorful. Might want to dial back a little with that pastry bag, Baker Colin. Please.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Calamity Finch on Dec 17, 2017 wrote:
Today, the bakers are working in the Admiral Benbow tavern. Baker Tom and Baker Colin are making a fashion statement, Cookie Clothes! Mmmmm, smells like Gingerbread in there. I recommend you get the ones made by Baker Tom, unusual, yet kind of stylish. The ones made by Baker Colin are, how shall I put this? Atrocious, hideous, tacky, clashing, a fashion disaster, a crime against fashion? All of those really. Oh, but they are colorful, really, ... really, really colorful. Might want to dial back a little with that pastry bag, Baker Colin. Please.
Lol Tom Baker & Colin Baker, what an ingenious way to include a Dr. Who reference with cooking, still laughing an hour after I read this ( Had to reply., agree about the clothes heh. )

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
Reporting here at the 4 taverns of the spirals, the worlds are Cool Ranch, Marylebone, Skull Island and this is unexpected Korkotopia a potential new world for spring 2018. Today's menu for features the local favorite for this festive month of December.

Cool Ranch ( Sliver Salon )- Starter : Chilly con queso ( chili cheese dip ), mild, medium, hot or fiery. A hearty dip, that has been a favorite, for generations. Served with corn chips and sweet bell peppers.

Entree : Smoked Brisket sandwich, with duck holiday's secrete b.b.q sauce sweet or spicy. Served with stake fries ( thick sliced potatoes ) and vinegar coleslaw.

Dessert : 4 carrot cake, please be gentle these are small dessert.

Marylebone- Starter : Corn chowder with gar fish and garlic

Entree : Roasted Goose with onion gravy, served with mashed cool ranch potatoes and glazed yum fruits and dead beets.

Dessert : Steam Yum Pudding

Skull Island- Starter : Azteca wings ( caution very spicy ), served with baby carrots and cooling cream sauce

Entree : Grilled void fish, with lemon pepper sauce.Served with pickled green beans and mushed buttered yum fruits.

Dessert : Buster the crab's special, it's a treasure chest shaped cake filled with sweet custard and bananas.

Korkotopia- Starter : Spicy chips with dill yogurt dip

Entree : 7 layer taco, served with cucumber salad and fried garbanzo beans

Dessert : Rosewater cake

Special drink ( this Christmas weekend only )- Avery's holiday yum drink ( he also sheared this to our wizards )

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
Monkrinx2024 on Dec 21, 2017 wrote:
Reporting here at the 4 taverns of the spirals, the worlds are Cool Ranch, Marylebone, Skull Island and this is unexpected Korkotopia a potential new world for spring 2018. Today's menu for features the local favorite for this festive month of December.

Cool Ranch ( Sliver Salon )- Starter : Chilly con queso ( chili cheese dip ), mild, medium, hot or fiery. A hearty dip, that has been a favorite, for generations. Served with corn chips and sweet bell peppers.

Entree : Smoked Brisket sandwich, with duck holiday's secrete b.b.q sauce sweet or spicy. Served with stake fries ( thick sliced potatoes ) and vinegar coleslaw.

Entree : Roasted Goose with onion gravy, served with mashed cool ranch potatoes and glazed yum fruits and dead beets.

Skull Island- Starter : Azteca wings ( caution very spicy ), served with baby carrots and cooling cream sauce

Entree : Grilled void fish, with lemon pepper sauce.Served with pickled green beans and mushed buttered yum fruits.

Dessert : Buster the crab's special, it's a treasure chest shaped cake filled with sweet custard and bananas.

Special drink ( this Christmas weekend only )- Avery's holiday yum drink ( he also sheared this to our wizards )
Oh. My. Goodness. If I didn't know better, I'd think you're a cook in real life!

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Monkrinx2024 on Dec 21, 2017 wrote:

That sounds delicious, my mouth is watering. I bet One-Eyed Jack will like the carrots. I'll start with the Chilly con Queso and Brisket in Cool Ranch, and then sail to Skull Island for Dessert. Yum.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
It's time for FRUITCAKE!
Kraken Skulls Tavern has a Yummy Pineapple-Coconut Fruitcake
Bonobo Abbey is serving Banana Fruitcake (of course)
Port Regal and Marleybone have Baker Tom's Apple-Walnut Fruitcakes
Baker Colin's Colorful Fruitcake is only available in Marleybone. It contains every kind of colorful dried fruit he could get his hands on. He says the dried olives are fruit, too, and "can so" go in with all the candied, lime, lemon, citron, cherries, blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries.
Valencian Fruitcake 's feature is it's Valencian Candied Oranges and raisins.
In Mooshu, there is Yummy Mulberry Fruitcake, made with yum fruit and mulberries.
In Cool Ranch, there is Zeke's Musical Fruitcake. There are dried apples and raisins, and is that... no... could it be? BEANS?
In Aqulla, The Golden Bough's Fruitcake is made with figs and grapes, served with cheese, and a dash of sweet yogurt sauce.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Calamity Finch on Dec 31, 2017 wrote:
It's time for FRUITCAKE!
Kraken Skulls Tavern has a Yummy Pineapple-Coconut Fruitcake
Bonobo Abbey is serving Banana Fruitcake (of course)
Port Regal and Marleybone have Baker Tom's Apple-Walnut Fruitcakes
Baker Colin's Colorful Fruitcake is only available in Marleybone. It contains every kind of colorful dried fruit he could get his hands on. He says the dried olives are fruit, too, and "can so" go in with all the candied, lime, lemon, citron, cherries, blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries.
Valencian Fruitcake 's feature is it's Valencian Candied Oranges and raisins.
In Mooshu, there is Yummy Mulberry Fruitcake, made with yum fruit and mulberries.
In Cool Ranch, there is Zeke's Musical Fruitcake. There are dried apples and raisins, and is that... no... could it be? BEANS?
In Aqulla, The Golden Bough's Fruitcake is made with figs and grapes, served with cheese, and a dash of sweet yogurt sauce.
I don't care for fruitcake, but I think I would enjoy the Golden Bough's version! Is the cheese Feta?

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
anecorbie on Jan 1, 2018 wrote:
I don't care for fruitcake, but I think I would enjoy the Golden Bough's version! Is the cheese Feta?
Feta is one of the options.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
In Florenza, you can get Marzipets, treats sculpted to look like our pets, made with almond paste. Marzadillows and Nut-a-lopes, yum.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
It's a cold day in Marleybone. The Admiral Benbow tavern is serving up Pea-Coat soup. It is thick and green and will coat your tongue in warm tastiness. There is celery, onions, and a little carrot, pureed, and cooked into the pea soup, flavored with bay leaves and sage. The dogs love baying their soup.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
OH NO! Supplies are running low, all we have aboard ship today is Hard-Tacks and Hash. Mostly we are eating the Hash. Why Gracie wanted those Clockworks' rations, I do not know, but she said they might be useful. Guess who tried them? Nurse Quinn said the Crazy Monquistan will be feeling better soon.

Lieutenant
Mar 27, 2014
i was walking by the tavern in marleybone and could smell the scent of sweet and sour pork chops. thick cut ham slices coated with sweet and sour sauce and served with a side of thick cut fries.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
the minutemen on Jan 17, 2018 wrote:
i was walking by the tavern in marleybone and could smell the scent of sweet and sour pork chops. thick cut ham slices coated with sweet and sour sauce and served with a side of thick cut fries.
Ooh la la! Sounds delicioso!

Oh. Marleybone... I was speaking Polarian, wasn't I?

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
As I walk past the Tavern in MooShu's Kita Dock, something catches my eye. I turn around and I see a huge sign that reads, "Buy One Finger-Lickin' Kickin' Chicken, Get One Free!" I rush there in a hurry and it turns out to be the best chicken I've ever had. Wait, hold on... Did you say that was made by... Nurse Quinn? She's a cook?

Oh, good, that gives her reason to be useful as a Companion. She is now the go-to cook for our crew.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Helpful Aurora Par... on Jan 17, 2018 wrote:
As I walk past the Tavern in MooShu's Kita Dock, something catches my eye. I turn around and I see a huge sign that reads, "Buy One Finger-Lickin' Kickin' Chicken, Get One Free!" I rush there in a hurry and it turns out to be the best chicken I've ever had. Wait, hold on... Did you say that was made by... Nurse Quinn? She's a cook?

Oh, good, that gives her reason to be useful as a Companion. She is now the go-to cook for our crew.
Good one! Maybe Nurse Quinn can get together with Bonnie Anne, the baker on my crew, and cater a meal for us. The Crazy Monquistan wants to mix the drinks; we will NOT let him do it. Subodai say he will make tea for us.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Subodai offered us a drink from his homeland. I thought he said it was kumiss, made from milk. We all tried it. Turns out his mom's recipe was a bit strong. We are all calling it K-you-miss, because it lowered everyone's accuracy.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
Calamity Finch on Jan 18, 2018 wrote:
Good one! Maybe Nurse Quinn can get together with Bonnie Anne, the baker on my crew, and cater a meal for us. The Crazy Monquistan wants to mix the drinks; we will NOT let him do it. Subodai say he will make tea for us.
Thank you! Ooh, good idea!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
"A mystic potion made of the fresh juice of Achean Apples and the Lemons of Illios, mixed with Ginger spice the shipbound Ophidians carry!"
Siren's Tonic
Esperanza's version:
1/3 cup of apple juice
2/3 cup of ginger ale
one Tablespoon of lemon juice
Combine and stir, then pour over ice in a tall glass.
It won't cure a cursed throat, but it's very tasty! You might want to experiment with the amounts, depending on how much tart to sweet you enjoy.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Today at the Silver Spur Saloon, it is... wait for it... Pancake Day!
Flapjacks, Silver Dollars, Crepes, Hotcakes, Pancakes, by whatever name you know them, in whatever style, they are being served up. The Cowberry Crepes are pretty tasty (it's another name for lingonberries). There are even some Gingerbread Pancakes, made much like regular pancakes, but with ginger, cinnamon, cloves, and a dash of nutmeg added to the batter. If the cook has time, he will even make them in a little Gingerbread Raider shape. Not in the mood for something that lies on a plate? They even have German Pancake soup. It is a thin beef broth soup flavored with chives, using German pancakes (a crepe-like unleavened pancake, but a bit thicker), sliced thinly to make noodles for the soup.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
Calamity Finch on Jan 22, 2018 wrote:
Today at the Silver Spur Saloon, it is... wait for it... Pancake Day!
Flapjacks, Silver Dollars, Crepes, Hotcakes, Pancakes, by whatever name you know them, in whatever style, they are being served up. The Cowberry Crepes are pretty tasty (it's another name for lingonberries). There are even some Gingerbread Pancakes, made much like regular pancakes, but with ginger, cinnamon, cloves, and a dash of nutmeg added to the batter. If the cook has time, he will even make them in a little Gingerbread Raider shape. Not in the mood for something that lies on a plate? They even have German Pancake soup. It is a thin beef broth soup flavored with chives, using German pancakes (a crepe-like unleavened pancake, but a bit thicker), sliced thinly to make noodles for the soup.
Delicious!

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
The Hole in the Wall Tavern is serving the Blasted Noodle Soup: It has some tortilla chunks, chicken, noodles and... Is that... Olives? Oh, yes - that's right, olives to look like little cannonballs. That's probably where the Blasted Noodle Soup came from!

Lieutenant
Mar 27, 2014
the other day me and Chantal were at this fancy tavern in aquila and they served us some of the best roasted ham in the whole spiral. seasoned with 12 different spices and coated with lemon juice. it was delicious. then we ended the meal with boiling hot chocolate (let it cool a tad before drinking. Chantal sill has a numb tongue from it) and lemon filled creme puffs. it was the best evening we both had.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
the minutemen on Jan 25, 2018 wrote:
the other day me and Chantal were at this fancy tavern in aquila and they served us some of the best roasted ham in the whole spiral. seasoned with 12 different spices and coated with lemon juice. it was delicious. then we ended the meal with boiling hot chocolate (let it cool a tad before drinking. Chantal sill has a numb tongue from it) and lemon filled creme puffs. it was the best evening we both had.
Simply wonderful!