Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Logic of hybrid creation

AuthorMessage
Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
I've been wondering, is there any? Does Decius just throw random pets together or can we deduce (without hints) which pets MIGHT be able (likely) to create a hybrid. I notice there are a few pets that have a color in their names showing up in the hybrid parents names, and also pets with a fire or ice look. Other than that, a lot of parents of hybrids seem to be of very different types of animal (different egg types) from each other. I'd like it to have a logic to it, because that would be a puzzle to work on, as more new pets are created.

Ensign
Jul 27, 2010
Calamity Finch on Jan 30, 2018 wrote:
I've been wondering, is there any? Does Decius just throw random pets together or can we deduce (without hints) which pets MIGHT be able (likely) to create a hybrid. I notice there are a few pets that have a color in their names showing up in the hybrid parents names, and also pets with a fire or ice look. Other than that, a lot of parents of hybrids seem to be of very different types of animal (different egg types) from each other. I'd like it to have a logic to it, because that would be a puzzle to work on, as more new pets are created.
Well, RRRRZZZZ419 has the notion that for there to be a hybrid, we pirates in game must be able to say the hybrid's name without the name turning yellow for the hybrid to be an actual pet.

In a way, I feel that what he said is true.

In another way, I feel that this idea could hurt those wanting to morph to crate a hybrid, because then whoever abides by the above logic might not try one of several dozens of combinations that could result in a undiscovered hybrid. I'm saying a hybrid doesn't have to be able to be communicable to be exist in game. I may seem irrational, but hey, I'm irrational. lol

Names of pets may also play into the creation of hybrids, to some degree. But some hybrids do not inherit a name from one of their parents. So hard to rely solely on names of pets to create a hybrid.

Maybe if we use the two methods in conjunction(and listen to each other), we hybrid hunters may have a better chance of discovering more hidden hybrids in the game.

See ya in the Spiral, maties.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
I agree that the combined name thing, guess a combined name and see if it is printed in yellow, that RRRRZZZZ419 mentioned is one way to guess, but I agree it doesn't cover all hybrids. Stingaloon might be guessed that way, but Orchid Chameleon+ ostrich= emusaur, I would be unlikely to think of emusaur from name guessing. That one seems to be of the 2 random dissimilar parents class. I'm more wondering, in pet creation, how Decius uses logic in picking which are the hybrids parents, or are they all... winging it, picking pets that please him to pair or whatever the most unlikely combo of parents would be. We might be able to guess some by name, some by appearance, like an icy pet might make an icy hybrid, but what about the other parent? Is there a logic to ones that might let you guess to pair manticore with the green baubleloon? Or find a hybrid that looks like looks like neither parent, is that possible? If it is all random, then it's a numbers game of- try mixing everything with everything, a lot of times by a lot of people. If there are rules and logic to it, what are they?
A few questions for people with theories:
Are very common pets, like ostrich or pet wrangling obtained ones, more or less likely to be 1/2 of a hybrid's parents?
Are there any pets that produce hybrids that defy logic and give weird or silly hybrids?
Are there any pets that look nothing like either parent? (Wizard has some like that I think, any in Pirate?)

Lieutenant
Sep 17, 2012
Well the new search for the loadingdango is a little hard. The "dango" part seems simple enough maybe a fandango but the "loading" part may just imply it is the one we see in the loading screen. Also this name appears in yellow not white.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Avery Court Grace on Feb 8, 2018 wrote:
Well the new search for the loadingdango is a little hard. The "dango" part seems simple enough maybe a fandango but the "loading" part may just imply it is the one we see in the loading screen. Also this name appears in yellow not white.
I think that name is just a placeholder name, since only Deceus knows what it will be called, for now.

Ensign
Jun 12, 2012
The "loading" part of the name is part of the joke, as people had talked about blue fandango on the loading screen as a possible hybrid. Poor thing doesn't even have a proper name.

As for what RRRRZZZZ419 said, we can't always rely on names, as some names are in yellow until after the pet has been released for a while. The "fennec" in fennec fox being a recent example, and even that wasn't a hybrid. There were more examples, but I can't think of any on top of my head right now. I remember there was another pet people struggled to say, but I can't remember which one specifically.

While names can help, some words can just be part of a two-word name, like Bubblegumbo. Bubblegumbo what? Crab? Crawlie? Chameleon? There could be simple names like fire and ice *insert pet here*, which could fit any pet. Combined names like Darkdillo and Loadingdango work because at least it's a definite name, but that leaves out a lot of potential combos and hybrids that don't have such name scheme.

I have been working on a hybrid flow chart to try to see a pattern with hybrids. Trust me, it's a mess. However, I noticed that some areas are more concentrated than others. For example, in my chart Bunny pets and Fish/Shark pets are close together. Same with fire and ice pets. Of course, this is probably just the way the chart is set up.

It's hard to decipher a possible hybrid without at least a hint from Decius. There's so many combinations and so many pets it's not even funny. Even if you get a random combo by chance, it often takes multiple tries because the chances are so low. People have given up on hybrid hunting because of this.

Unfortunately, there's no good way to tell a possible hybrid without messing around or digging deep into the madness.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
It does get frustrating, because even when I'm trying to morph a known hybrid making combo, it doesn't seem to happen. It makes me wonder if you have to try the combo a bunch of times in a row to get one, or if trying for a different hybrid in between would reset the odds. I've been assuming it is random and, in theory, you could get the hybrid on your first try for it.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
I believe it is a fixed chance, Calamity. That arrangement is more consistent with what I have seen morphing hybrids than the "resets every session" idea. Of course, when randomness is involved you can really only be semi-confident about identifying patterns after lots and lots and lots of tries and very careful record keeping. Which, since the great Quakosaurus experiment, I for one have been too lazy to do.

-Indigo