Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

I need help finding a good laptop!

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Nov 06, 2014
I'm considering buying a new laptop and my limit is $500.00 (I can probably push it to $550.00). My PC is located in the living room and I would like to be able use my computer in my room. Moreover, having a laptop would also come in handy when I decide to go back to college.

Now, I've seen some good ones on Amazon with 8GB RAM and up to 1TB hard disk drive that fits my budget (I know that solid state drives are better for speed, but they are a bit costly). However, I'm a bit lost about the processors. Would Pirate101 fare well on a laptop with an i3 processor or do I have to get one with an i5 processor?

Slick Tabitha Silver - Level 70 Musketeer
Witty Hazel Jackson - Level 70 Swashbuckler
Crazy Grace Kidd - Level 70 Buccaneer
Little Aisha Armstrong - Level 70 Witchdoctor
Fiery Rachel Gordon - Level 11 Privateer

Community Leader
Kingsisle games are supposed to be able to function well on "Grandma's computer." Your computer specs shouldn't matter for pirate101 performance. If you have concerns about other games, go to a local tech/gaming store and ask them.

Writer, Editor, Administrator, and Pirate PvP guy at FinalBastion

Check us out for all things Pirate101 and Wizard101 PvE/PvP

Petty Officer
Nov 06, 2014
I'm not concerned about other games, just Pirate101. That's why I asked specifically about Pirate101. However, I do appreciate your response, so thank you.

Petty Officer
Nov 06, 2014
Mods, can you close this topic please? I already got this situation sorted out.