Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

What level should I be for Duck Of death?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Dec 18, 2012
I just met duck of death for the first time and i'm level 22 swashbuckler and i'm wondering what level I should be for this part of cool ranch. Do I need to side quest some more? I made mistakes with my first pirate and she's really weak at level 58 in marleybone.. so I just wanna know if i need to side some more or not! and some other tips to make my pirate stronger! thank you!

Captain
Apr 24, 2016
MeganOkay on Oct 15, 2017 wrote:
I just met duck of death for the first time and i'm level 22 swashbuckler and i'm wondering what level I should be for this part of cool ranch. Do I need to side quest some more? I made mistakes with my first pirate and she's really weak at level 58 in marleybone.. so I just wanna know if i need to side some more or not! and some other tips to make my pirate stronger! thank you!
not sure if I am helping much, but I would suggest leveling a bit. I think my buckler is around your level but hasn't got to the duck of death yet. so yes, I suggest you side quest a bit. the tips to make your pirate stronger, I cant help you with, sorry.

Lieutenant
Jan 30, 2013
I think I was around level 24 when I met the duck of death, and he was easy. But then again, I do all side quests I think are worth anything.

Hope this helps!
Misty, 70
Zoe,37

Ensign
Sep 20, 2014
Okay 22 is a bit low but here's my suggestion. DO NOT do every single little quests. Find quest that are 400xp or up and do those. It will take a little bit of time but def worth in the end.

Ensign
Aug 18, 2017
eyespy402 on Oct 19, 2017 wrote:
Okay 22 is a bit low but here's my suggestion. DO NOT do every single little quests. Find quest that are 400xp or up and do those. It will take a little bit of time but def worth in the end.
i have 11 pages of side quests and i estimate it will take me a month to finish them

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
MeganOkay on Oct 15, 2017 wrote:
What do you think you did wrong with your other pirate? It might help us give advice, if we know what wasn't working for you. Was it picking the wrong talents for your crew? Is it charging in without using cards that enhance your stats or reduce damage? Using the wrong crewman to attack a specific class? Always using crew that is your own class? I know even an under level pirate can be helpful in a higher world if they know what they are doing. Are you using a weapon that uses whatever your strongest stat is (strength, agility or will)? Are you using a weapon type that doesn't allow you to use your main attacks as a swashbuckler? One that is ranged and only lets you move OR attack, rather than move AND attack, on the same move? I ran into a witchdoctor the other day, who was using a smashy (strength based) weapon that took away his ability to use his attacks at a ranged distance, and did not make use of his strongest stat, will. He was still questing in Skull Island, and chose the weapon with the strongest damage number. Once he tried using the staff weapon, he was much happier.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
glory7645 on Dec 21, 2017 wrote:
i have 11 pages of side quests and i estimate it will take me a month to finish them
These side quests won't take you that long at all. Many of them require just running from here to there and talking to people, maybe a battle or two.

The reason you are "weak" or underleveled is because you ignore these opportunities to gain experience, both regular and nautical, training tomes for your companions, or even additional crew members that you can put to work bringing you gear, pets and gold.

I'll bet you can do most of them in a day. With help from a friend, even less time than that. The mistake you made on your first pirate was probably the same one you are making now.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Willowydream on Dec 22, 2017 wrote:
These side quests won't take you that long at all. Many of them require just running from here to there and talking to people, maybe a battle or two.

The reason you are "weak" or underleveled is because you ignore these opportunities to gain experience, both regular and nautical, training tomes for your companions, or even additional crew members that you can put to work bringing you gear, pets and gold.

I'll bet you can do most of them in a day. With help from a friend, even less time than that. The mistake you made on your first pirate was probably the same one you are making now.

The person with all the side quests is a different person than the one who started the thread and had the weak pirate.
That said, I agree that skipping all the sides loses good chances at XP, Nautical XP, gear, gold tomes, and new crew members. Sometimes those run and talk, or deliver, quests lead to entire quest threads that lead to a new crewman, or access to boss fights with good rewards. I think the much farmed Tower of Moo Manchu, with some of the top gear in the game, is one such side quest. There are at least a couple side quests that don't seem like much, sending you running all over to fight things and collect things, but give crewmen at the end.

Gunner's Mate
May 08, 2010
I'm around 23-24 when I go to the silver pony stallion i believe it's called. So you aren't too far off, Just be sure you get to 25 before doing Brother Wolfs tasks (usually what I do) and Some Sidequests every now and then and you should be fine