Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Kane solo. Possible?

AuthorMessage
Captain
Dec 06, 2012
-Start playing Mercy by TV on the Radio-
So...Kane soloing? Ha, pretty hard but can be easy for Swashbucklers, but mine is level 9...So I decided to do something interesting, I've been putting together a strategy to solo Kane but as a Privateer, the hardest class to solo for me. (No, solo privy is not OP, I despise how people assume that)

Tell me what you think if I can do it or not

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
darkmoordude on Dec 15, 2017 wrote:
So...Kane soloing? Ha, pretty hard but can be easy for Swashbucklers, but mine is level 9...So I decided to do something interesting, I've been putting together a strategy to solo Kane but as a Privateer, the hardest class to solo for me. (No, solo privy is not OP, I despise how people assume that)

You want to know if you can do it or not? I truly believe that...

Ratbeard: Oh, come on! No Privateers or even Swashbucklers can solo the worst enemy in th' whole Spiral!

Bonnie Anne: Oh, quiet, ye git! Of course he can do it! Ya just have to push forward with determination and a whole lot of motivation - and Heals!

Ditto to Bonnie. You got this.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012

It can be done; I know one Privateer personally who has done it. His name is Virtuous Dante Ramsey, and I hope he sees your post to give you advice.
I would say that you should start hoarding doubloons for your attempt.
BTW, I'm a Swashbuckler who has soloed Kane and it's not "easy" for us either.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012

And you shouldn't assume that Swashbucklers are OP; especially since yours is only a level 9.....but I don't despise you!

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
anecorbie on Dec 16, 2017 wrote:
And you shouldn't assume that Swashbucklers are OP; especially since yours is only a level 9.....but I don't despise you!
ooooh no, I do not not not not not not not

-Backs up-

NOOOOOOOT think Swashbucklers are op, I had one back in the day... oh my gosh it was like the hardest class for me

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
darkmoordude on Dec 17, 2017 wrote:
ooooh no, I do not not not not not not not

-Backs up-

NOOOOOOOT think Swashbucklers are op, I had one back in the day... oh my gosh it was like the hardest class for me
How was it hard? That's kind of interesting. Mine is Level 66 and I obviously haven't faced Kane yet, but I do consider her very Overpowered, just in general. Just wondering; how are you defining your Swashbuckler as hard?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Helpful Aurora Par... on Dec 16, 2017 wrote:
You want to know if you can do it or not? I truly believe that...

Ratbeard: Oh, come on! No Privateers or even Swashbucklers can solo the worst enemy in th' whole Spiral!

Bonnie Anne: Oh, quiet, ye git! Of course he can do it! Ya just have to push forward with determination and a whole lot of motivation - and Heals!

Ditto to Bonnie. You got this.
According to Vadima's Visions in the October 2016 newsletter there have been:
13 Musketeers
9 Swashbucklers
6 Buccaneers
6 Witchdoctors
and
4 Privateers
All who have soloed Kane; it's possible, but very hard. It requires an equal mix of strategy, gear and luck to be successful.
It's very possible that the list of players who have soloed Kane has expanded since that report.

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
Helpful Aurora Par... on Dec 18, 2017 wrote:
How was it hard? That's kind of interesting. Mine is Level 66 and I obviously haven't faced Kane yet, but I do consider her very Overpowered, just in general. Just wondering; how are you defining your Swashbuckler as hard?
Well it's not exactly hard it's just the hardest to play IMO because it's one of those classes with the low health and defense so super hits are like nightmares

Ensign
Jul 20, 2011
Would be VERY hard, but maybe possible.
Most likely its impossible to do a ACTUAL SOLO WITH NO OTHERS WITH YOU,
but if you spare up a lot of crowns by buying henchmen, I think it could happen.

I wouldn't try it though, I've even made up my own quote from my own pirate about a thing like this.

"It don't matter on what it is, big or critter, tough or not, but any half-wit would know that fighting a mechanical overlord or magician cow by themselves would make em' a goner, 'specially if some greenhorn tried to do it."
I'm not giving you a medal if you guess where they're from.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
anecorbie on Dec 19, 2017 wrote:
According to Vadima's Visions in the October 2016 newsletter there have been:
13 Musketeers
9 Swashbucklers
6 Buccaneers
6 Witchdoctors
and
4 Privateers
All who have soloed Kane; it's possible, but very hard. It requires an equal mix of strategy, gear and luck to be successful.
It's very possible that the list of players who have soloed Kane has expanded since that report.
Exactly. That's sort of my point, LOL.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Joshamongus on Dec 19, 2017 wrote:
Would be VERY hard, but maybe possible.
Most likely its impossible to do a ACTUAL SOLO WITH NO OTHERS WITH YOU,
but if you spare up a lot of crowns by buying henchmen, I think it could happen.

I wouldn't try it though, I've even made up my own quote from my own pirate about a thing like this.

"It don't matter on what it is, big or critter, tough or not, but any half-wit would know that fighting a mechanical overlord or magician cow by themselves would make em' a goner, 'specially if some greenhorn tried to do it."
I'm not giving you a medal if you guess where they're from.
All those reported to have soloed, did a true solo - no henchmen. I did it, Virtuous Dante Ramsey did it and Two-Faced Valkoor Olen ( Valkoor the Victorious on these boards ) did 100 runs solo. Not one of us used henchmen.
I'm here to tell you that it can be done. And I'm not an "expert" player, nor did I have the OP rare gear for it.
You have to plan out a strategy, and be ready with a few alternatives should the prime strategy fail, choose your companions that fit the strategy, & use doubloons ( a lot! ).
Try it, the worst thing that can happen is that you fail, as I did the first time I tried it, but I went back in ( I'm stubborn that way ) and succeeded.
There are even those who have soloed the Tower and the Smuggler's Arena. I have tried but no success for either; but one day......

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
darkmoordude on Dec 19, 2017 wrote:
Well it's not exactly hard it's just the hardest to play IMO because it's one of those classes with the low health and defense so super hits are like nightmares
That's why you should boost your Dodge. For me, Privateer was the hardest class for me to learn.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
All those reported to have soloed, did a true solo - no henchmen. I did it, Virtuous Dante Ramsey did it and Two-Faced Valkoor Olen ( Valkoor the Victorious on these boards ) did 100 runs solo. Not one of us used henchmen.
I'm here to tell you that it can be done. And I'm not an "expert" player, nor did I have the OP rare gear for it.
You have to plan out a strategy, and be ready with a few alternatives should the prime strategy fail, choose your companions that fit the strategy, & use doubloons ( a lot! ).
Try it, the worst thing that can happen is that you fail, as I did the first time I tried it, but I went back in ( I'm stubborn that way ) and succeeded.
There are even those who have soloed the Tower and the Smuggler's Arena. I have tried but no success for either; but one day......
Very good point, Esperanza. In fact, you only fail when you give up.

Commodore
May 31, 2009
It's definitely possible, but I haven't done it. There's someone I follow on another site who has soloed Kane without a single companion death -- I believe they go by AllToonedUp here.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
My party was Emmett, Contessa, and Gracie. Kane can hit hard but his movement is very limited. Stay out of the range on rook and hit him from a distance. You gotta move you can't be stationary. Push doubloons are very helpful! Summons are too they keep Kane and Rook busy while you take out everybody else. You gotta take out crazy legs Queen first. The trick is to outlast him.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
Never bought a henchman for it. But I don't think soloing Kane or the Tower is a big deal anymore. Players are very strong now. I soloed the tower before all the epics updates it took me quite some time. I still remember that Tower changed my life. Honestly I met some very important people in there whose support changed me.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Captain
Sep 19, 2012

yes.. i did it on my swashbuckler.. however i dont recommend it lol more fun with four and more loot as well.. i only did it like that cuz it was my first time in and I'm a story nut and didn't want to be rushed(taking selfies etc)

stormy jen silver
aka fiery jewel dodger

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
I soloed it on my privateer, took a few tries to relearn everyone's mechanics but once I got that down it was pretty simple

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
Can't remember if I soloed tower but I know I soloed smugglers on my first attempt, not terribly hard just annoying when your powers don't show

Ensign
Jun 04, 2011
As a privateer it's not terribly hard. Second fight use someone with a hide to take out one of the switches, and use your bombs for the farthest, and anyone else for the other switch. Kane fight I sent Keisuke Yagi (Kan Po) in at Rooke for a sacrificial duel, and once Rooke is down it's a piece of cake. Just remember to not forget doubloons, the daze boubloon is especially good for the last two fights. Also the 50% dodge buff is amazing, regardless of what class companions you have.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
zuto4011a on Jan 5, 2018 wrote:
Can't remember if I soloed tower but I know I soloed smugglers on my first attempt, not terribly hard just annoying when your powers don't show
Smugglers solo was fun.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
ThoraxDrew100 on Jan 6, 2018 wrote:
As a privateer it's not terribly hard. Second fight use someone with a hide to take out one of the switches, and use your bombs for the farthest, and anyone else for the other switch. Kane fight I sent Keisuke Yagi (Kan Po) in at Rooke for a sacrificial duel, and once Rooke is down it's a piece of cake. Just remember to not forget doubloons, the daze boubloon is especially good for the last two fights. Also the 50% dodge buff is amazing, regardless of what class companions you have.
Welcome to the Message Boards, ThoraxDrew100! That is excellent advice!

Commodore
Jan 17, 2013
Oh aye, its possible, but be prepared to spam your healing powers.

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
one extra note on this.. if you can hide and get to opposite side(after defeating Queen) you get the auto buff.. um i forget the name bleh my memory >.> but its like in real chess you get a pawn "queened" its better effects though.. gonna make me want to re-do it solo again now lol

stormy jen silver

Lieutenant
Mar 27, 2014
even though i have not done it solo i have some tips of my own that can help.

Pawns (aka marines): just take them out normally. just dont let them become queens. an overwatch 3 companion that can chain is a good choice for them.

Queen: anyone that can chain. just let her attack first. she's got first strike 3 so any sneak attacks (melee) wont work. if you want to risk it you can use yourself just be careful.

Rooke: he has an answer for everything. best bet is a witch doctor. they can take the Retribution then start chaining him.

Deacon: anyone really.

Bishop: a melee person. or a range. just no magic.

Kane: a musket works best. out of range of Frenzy and not getting hit by Retribution.

doubloons: push back is a must. summons are also helpful. have retreat doubloons so you can heal over time (if only for a round or two)