Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

I'm begging you, PLEASE let us fight more than ONE

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
These Striped Buffaloons are becoming the bane of my mid-level pirates existence. No one enjoys the early quest where they need to be defeated for the storyline, but the fact that we can only ever encounter one per battle, and then have a chance NOT to collect the stinger/needle is really very discouraging.

It is probably turning players away from doing the Party Barge quests at all, much less doing them every day. These mid-level pirates certainly need the gold and rewards from doing the daily quests, as they are training many companions, and to make the quest this dreadful makes Cool Ranch even more disliked among new pirates.

I am begging you, please, please make it so that we can fight all four Striped Buffaloons in one battle, or that another pirate in the battle would draw another STRIPED buffaloon, or make the collection an absolute guarantee so that it is a max of four battles.

Lieutenant
Sep 17, 2012
Such a noble plea and one that should be listened to. While questing it is annoying. Doing it for daily is just plain frustrating I can imagine.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Willowydream on Feb 8, 2018 wrote:
These Striped Buffaloons are becoming the bane of my mid-level pirates existence. No one enjoys the early quest where they need to be defeated for the storyline, but the fact that we can only ever encounter one per battle, and then have a chance NOT to collect the stinger/needle is really very discouraging.

It is probably turning players away from doing the Party Barge quests at all, much less doing them every day. These mid-level pirates certainly need the gold and rewards from doing the daily quests, as they are training many companions, and to make the quest this dreadful makes Cool Ranch even more disliked among new pirates.

I am begging you, please, please make it so that we can fight all four Striped Buffaloons in one battle, or that another pirate in the battle would draw another STRIPED buffaloon, or make the collection an absolute guarantee so that it is a max of four battles.

Or even change the requirement to Hornets.

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
full support.. if only a CHANCE to get 2+ in a battle would make life so much easier <3

stormy jen silver

Gunner's Mate
May 08, 2010
I'm just glad it's 4 pieces of meat and not 8 like it used to be. I agree that we should be able to fight more then one per fight.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
To tell the truth, it IS making me avoid the mid-level quests on my third account. It was bad enough when my low level Buck had to find needle/threads from the Clockworks in the Gold Mine, but this requirement is simply horrible.
Perhaps KI writers were hoping that the players would combine the 2 quests ( Brother Wolf & Ambassador ) but it's back-fired. I'll wait until all my pirates get to at least level 60 before doing those quests.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
anecorbie on Feb 19, 2018 wrote:
To tell the truth, it IS making me avoid the mid-level quests on my third account. It was bad enough when my low level Buck had to find needle/threads from the Clockworks in the Gold Mine, but this requirement is simply horrible.
Perhaps KI writers were hoping that the players would combine the 2 quests ( Brother Wolf & Ambassador ) but it's back-fired. I'll wait until all my pirates get to at least level 60 before doing those quests.
We can only combine the quests once, sadly.

I do see several other ships in the area, but we can't join their combat if we aren't friends, and even if we did, we can only draw other regular buffaloons. I did make a friend who basically just used me as a porting pawn so he could go heal between battles. I typically land at Ogalla Rock and absorb wisps for that, but he didn't seem to care to do that.

I think that the tasks change at Level 51 -- about when you can access Marleybone, although I haven't confirmed it exactly.