Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

guards in valencia bugs

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jul 07, 2013
the guards where I meet the king and queen seem to have a bug. This isn't like how other players complain that they are too hard. I would use the black fog power and others like it, but when I approach the guards my hidden status shuts off giving the guards the condition to use the first strike perk and I don't have my double damage bonus which also happened in the late charge instance. Also, when the guards use their epic hits they instantly defeat my companions, even though they would be level 72 and full health, and when they use those hits on me I'm nearly dead and have the wounds status that does damage to me every turn. I have said my piece so hopefully you guys will understand all the hubbub and try to fix this

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
swash418 on Jul 3, 2018 wrote:
the guards where I meet the king and queen seem to have a bug. This isn't like how other players complain that they are too hard. I would use the black fog power and others like it, but when I approach the guards my hidden status shuts off giving the guards the condition to use the first strike perk and I don't have my double damage bonus which also happened in the late charge instance. Also, when the guards use their epic hits they instantly defeat my companions, even though they would be level 72 and full health, and when they use those hits on me I'm nearly dead and have the wounds status that does damage to me every turn. I have said my piece so hopefully you guys will understand all the hubbub and try to fix this
It's not a bug, the guards have First Strike at 3 ranks - this removes Hides from an attacker.
My advice is to use Black Fog as a defensive power, use that time while you're hidden to buff and shield, you'll have five rounds to do this, so you'll have plenty of time.

Also, if you have doubloons, throwing a few summons out will give the guards something to hit besides your companions.
If you're using a full swash team, perhaps having a companion with Hold the Line ( Ratbeard is excellent for this ) will prevent your other companions from being charged.

Bosun
Dec 28, 2012
Welcome to the message boards swash418! Actually, everything in this fight is working perfectly as it should. The downside to using black fog is that first strike can break through and detect it. This isn't just something that happens with royal guards, actually, and can happen with any situation where first strike is in play. As for the royal guards critical, the purpose of duomo, and really all of valencia, is to force you to improvise and go outside of your comfort zone. Change up your strategy, don't just use the same three companions for every battle. To survive Valencia, you have to think outside of the box.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Alex the Pirate on Jul 3, 2018 wrote:
Welcome to the message boards swash418! Actually, everything in this fight is working perfectly as it should. The downside to using black fog is that first strike can break through and detect it. This isn't just something that happens with royal guards, actually, and can happen with any situation where first strike is in play. As for the royal guards critical, the purpose of duomo, and really all of valencia, is to force you to improvise and go outside of your comfort zone. Change up your strategy, don't just use the same three companions for every battle. To survive Valencia, you have to think outside of the box.
It is only First Strike 3 that breaks hides ( & only the unicorns in Valencia part2, the swashbuckler in the Nefarious 5 fight and a few enemies in the Smuggler's Arena have first strike 3 ), otherwise, your post is correct.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Alex the Pirate on Jul 3, 2018 wrote:
Oops, forgot to mention that Queen also has FS3!