Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Make Ships Feel Alive

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 28, 2018
We have ships and a crew, but yet the ship is just so dead. It would be awesome to have an actual crew(not companions) that roam around the ship doing things like Catbeard's ship, also when we are in a fight with another ship the crew is running around to reload cannons and repair holes just to make the ship feel more alive. It feels weird having a huge ship and then no crew on it.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
HANNAHCROWTHORN490 on Jul 3, 2018 wrote:
We have ships and a crew, but yet the ship is just so dead. It would be awesome to have an actual crew(not companions) that roam around the ship doing things like Catbeard's ship, also when we are in a fight with another ship the crew is running around to reload cannons and repair holes just to make the ship feel more alive. It feels weird having a huge ship and then no crew on it.
When we're sailing or in broadside combat, the camera is really too far away for us to see any action being taken on deck; otherwise I would be all for this. Maybe, though, a few crew swabbing the deck or repairing timbers while we're docked?
And welcome to the message boards!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
HANNAHCROWTHORN490 on Jul 3, 2018 wrote:
I forgot to mention that if you have a friend or more join you on your ship, they can remove trap tokens while you're in broadside combat; this would make it annoying to have crew rushing around on deck during combat.

Lieutenant
Nov 14, 2015
anecorbie on Jul 4, 2018 wrote:
I forgot to mention that if you have a friend or more join you on your ship, they can remove trap tokens while you're in broadside combat; this would make it annoying to have crew rushing around on deck during combat.
Perhaps the ship captain could designate a companion or two in order to remove the trap tokens?

I had an idea that's probably a long-shot (no pun intended...really), but I think it would be neat. Perhaps there would be a 5th ship power that is dependent on your firstmate. I doubt every companion would have a unique power. Maybe it would be based on the companion's class or race (undead, monkey etc.). Suggestions:
: Damaging debuff?
: Ship armor and dodge buff?
: Makes ship cannons fire at a faster rate?
: Summons a weak ship that will temporarily aid you in combat?
: A high-powered attack?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
PiratePablo1 on Jul 16, 2018 wrote:
Perhaps the ship captain could designate a companion or two in order to remove the trap tokens?

I had an idea that's probably a long-shot (no pun intended...really), but I think it would be neat. Perhaps there would be a 5th ship power that is dependent on your firstmate. I doubt every companion would have a unique power. Maybe it would be based on the companion's class or race (undead, monkey etc.). Suggestions:
: Damaging debuff?
: Ship armor and dodge buff?
: Makes ship cannons fire at a faster rate?
: Summons a weak ship that will temporarily aid you in combat?
: A high-powered attack?
You have to be near the tokens to get the x-prompt to remove them, a companion wouldn't be able to do this while you are in broadside combat.
There are sails with the power to remove traps ( % chance ).
I wish for a time that a ship equipment would give a "hide" to a ship, unfortunately hide ends when an attack goes through ( with damage ) so the cannons would remove hide as soon as I approached the enemy ship.