Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Rework for stitching

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Dec 10, 2012
I feel that pirates should be able to stitch any melee weapon to any melee weapon, instead of the current system where its slashy/stabby can only be stitched with another slashy/stabby (not even stabby/slashy). My idea would be you can stitch to any weapon as long as its the same type (melee or range). It would still keep the same weapon type in the sense that a stabby weapon stitched with a slashy weapon would still get the bonus from being stabby and not slashy. This would allow people with daggers to use swords if they want, and people with guns to use staves if they want and vice versa. I would love to hear any other thoughts on this idea, (particularly if you think its a good idea or not) and maybe post a combination that you've always wanted to do but couldn't which would be made possible with this system. Mine would be general tso's blade and cossack's.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
SteamPunk Wizard on Apr 27, 2019 wrote:
I feel that pirates should be able to stitch any melee weapon to any melee weapon, instead of the current system where its slashy/stabby can only be stitched with another slashy/stabby (not even stabby/slashy). My idea would be you can stitch to any weapon as long as its the same type (melee or range). It would still keep the same weapon type in the sense that a stabby weapon stitched with a slashy weapon would still get the bonus from being stabby and not slashy. This would allow people with daggers to use swords if they want, and people with guns to use staves if they want and vice versa. I would love to hear any other thoughts on this idea, (particularly if you think its a good idea or not) and maybe post a combination that you've always wanted to do but couldn't which would be made possible with this system. Mine would be general tso's blade and cossack's.
Unworkable not only because of weapon type but also by what stat that weapon boosts. A slashy weapon boosts from strength; stabby boosts from Agility, one cannot be changed to the other.

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
SteamPunk Wizard on Apr 27, 2019 wrote:
I believe it is this way due to technical limitations. Each weapon has a unique animation, so the stitching restriction keeps the associated animations together.

Ensign
Dec 10, 2012
To clarify the stitching would not change its weapon type, if it is originally a stabby weapon stitching it to look like a slashy would have it still only count as a stabby and get bonuses accordingly. For the technical limitations no knew animations would be used, the animation would depend on what the appearance is not the stat. To some up both things, say you take a dagger and stitch it with a sword, the damage bonus would come from agility still and still use the stabby bonuses, for the animation it would use the new appearance so a back stab for instance would use the sword animation instead of the dagger.