Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Fin Dorsal Is Broken

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Oct 02, 2016
I fought this boss named Fin Dorsal. The tutorial tip mentioned that sharks are bullies and cowards when I was about to fight him. What a useless tip that was! I fought this boss by myself for 6 times in a row. I was put on lock down and couldn't even defend myself. I promoted all companions to my level, bought crowns gear, used dubloons, and even bought a henchman that was the same level as me and could not win. I finally gave in and asked my level 70 friend Lazy Valkoor to help me. The point is I think this boss needs to be nerfed and lose his companions. How about a fair 1v1 like skilled people.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Is this a troll post? I know many Level 70 players use the Throne Room for getting the Team Up badge, but honestly I never heard anyone actually not being able to complete the battle at the appropriate level. I've soloed it on every pirate class fairly easily.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Nextgenpowerblast on Jun 4, 2018 wrote:
I fought this boss named Fin Dorsal. The tutorial tip mentioned that sharks are bullies and cowards when I was about to fight him. What a useless tip that was! I fought this boss by myself for 6 times in a row. I was put on lock down and couldn't even defend myself. I promoted all companions to my level, bought crowns gear, used dubloons, and even bought a henchman that was the same level as me and could not win. I finally gave in and asked my level 70 friend Lazy Valkoor to help me. The point is I think this boss needs to be nerfed and lose his companions. How about a fair 1v1 like skilled people.
That tip was to tell you that you & your companions had to target him and bring him down. It's a boss fight and intended to be slightly tougher than the other fights you faced.I have fought him solo at level 3 through all my accounts - that's 18 pirates. I never had to buy crowns gear, depend on a henchman or ask for help from a high level friend.
If you think Finn Dorsal is broken and needs a nerf, I wonder how you'll be able to face the tougher challenges ahead for you.

Community Leader
This has to be a troll right? The tip is a reference to the fact you need to only kill Fin to win (as referenced by the banner at the top of your screen). Secondly, if you're struggling with the first, and arguably easiest, boss in the game, maybe this game isn't for you.

Writer, Editor, Administrator, and Pirate PvP guy at FinalBastion

Check us out for all things Pirate101 and Wizard101 PvE/PvP

Bosun
Dec 28, 2012
1) If this is a troll post, good meme
2) If it's not, team up ledger