Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Long-standing grammar errors

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
I have these grammar errors that have been still present to this day, even with Valencia II Live. I got the feeling they were seriously ignored. Here they are, with bold words & underlines depicting grammar errors in them...

1. During the "Gazpaccio" Puppet Show, Gazpaccio's voiceover said, "Instead of toys, I built Automata, machines shaped like men.", "In return for making them rich, the Tortellinis betrayed me. I was exiled from Valencia.", "No mere servant, this machine would be an artist, with talents exceeding even my own!", but the text incorrectly said "mahines", "I was exiled from Velencia.", & "...with talents exceeding my own!", respectively.

2. During the El Dorado II Puppet show, Gazpaccio said, "The things caught us by surprise and decimated the crew in an instant!", "Only a handful of us escaped.", but the text incorrectly says, "...and desimated the crew in an instant!", & "Only a hand full of us escaped.", respectively.

3. During the Resistance Puppet show, Landino's voiceover said " In the years after, things grew even worse.", but the text incorrectly said, "In the years since things grew even worse.". There's this one small error with the text during the scene where Valencia City was transformed by the Clockworks' liking when Landino said, "The Armada transformed Valencia city into a Clockwork mockery, relocating the Guinea Pig workers into ghettoes below ground.", but the text doesn't continue beyond "below", given the Puppet Show's text box size not able to fit long lines in. Also, the text, "The first Resistance was formed by the remnants of the Great Mercantile Houses.", with the world "resistance" missing a capital "R".

4. During the quest, "Strike Force!" in Valencia, Giuseppe's voiceover says "But now, they take even this away - the Tortellinis, they bring in Clockwork Craftsmen an sell them in secret! They're going to starve us out!", "Take this signature to the Capo and tell him we want a deal.", but the text says "...the Tortellini...", & "...tell him we've a deal.", respectively.

5. Before accepting the quest, "Gotta Book" in Valencia, Librarian Adelmo's voice says "I thank you for the books, Pirate, but even if the Armada allowed us to send books to the Ulpian Library, I would not be able to comply.", "My old friend, Daedalus, of the Lyceum in Nova Aquila, has the last. Won't you collect them and return them? It would be a relief!", but the text said, "I thank you for returning our Book, Pirate, but even if the Armada allowed us to send books to The Ulpia…" & "Won't you collect them and return them to the Ulpia?", respectively.

6. Before accepting the quest, "Let Flying Fish Lye", Knut Honeypaw's voice said "I'd pay a pretty price to have some. My old friend, Bjorn Bjornstein, he used to make Lutefisk could make a wolf howl! Oh, that's some good stuff!", but the text said, "...he used to make Lutefisk that could make a Wolf howl! Oh, that's good stuff!".

I'd include more, but there's no room. More to come!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Trimond297 on Sep 13, 2018 wrote:
I have these grammar errors that have been still present to this day, even with Valencia II Live. I got the feeling they were seriously ignored. Here they are, with bold words & underlines depicting grammar errors in them...

1. During the "Gazpaccio" Puppet Show, Gazpaccio's voiceover said, "Instead of toys, I built Automata, machines shaped like men.", "In return for making them rich, the Tortellinis betrayed me. I was exiled from Valencia.", "No mere servant, this machine would be an artist, with talents exceeding even my own!", but the text incorrectly said "mahines", "I was exiled from Velencia.", & "...with talents exceeding my own!", respectively.

2. During the El Dorado II Puppet show, Gazpaccio said, "The things caught us by surprise and decimated the crew in an instant!", "Only a handful of us escaped.", but the text incorrectly says, "...and desimated the crew in an instant!", & "Only a hand full of us escaped.", respectively.

3. During the Resistance Puppet show, Landino's voiceover said " In the years after, things grew even worse.", but the text incorrectly said, "In the years since things grew even worse.". There's this one small error with the text during the scene where Valencia City was transformed by the Clockworks' liking when Landino said, "The Armada transformed Valencia city into a Clockwork mockery, relocating the Guinea Pig workers into ghettoes below ground.", but the text doesn't continue beyond "below", given the Puppet Show's text box size not able to fit long lines in. Also, the text, "The first Resistance was formed by the remnants of the Great Mercantile Houses.", with the world "resistance" missing a capital "R".

4. During the quest, "Strike Force!" in Valencia, Giuseppe's voiceover says "But now, they take even this away - the Tortellinis, they bring in Clockwork Craftsmen an sell them in secret! They're going to starve us out!", "Take this signature to the Capo and tell him we want a deal.", but the text says "...the Tortellini...", & "...tell him we've a deal.", respectively.

5. Before accepting the quest, "Gotta Book" in Valencia, Librarian Adelmo's voice says "I thank you for the books, Pirate, but even if the Armada allowed us to send books to the Ulpian Library, I would not be able to comply.", "My old friend, Daedalus, of the Lyceum in Nova Aquila, has the last. Won't you collect them and return them? It would be a relief!", but the text said, "I thank you for returning our Book, Pirate, but even if the Armada allowed us to send books to The Ulpia…" & "Won't you collect them and return them to the Ulpia?", respectively.

6. Before accepting the quest, "Let Flying Fish Lye", Knut Honeypaw's voice said "I'd pay a pretty price to have some. My old friend, Bjorn Bjornstein, he used to make Lutefisk could make a wolf howl! Oh, that's some good stuff!", but the text said, "...he used to make Lutefisk that could make a Wolf howl! Oh, that's good stuff!".

I'd include more, but there's no room. More to come!
These are more typo & spelling issues than "grammar" mistakes. They aren't important in the grand, over-all picture. Maybe KI can go back and adjust these issues after the priorities of game improvement.
I'm not an English teacher, but I've detected at least 3 errors in grammar in the opening paragraph.....

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
anecorbie on Sep 13, 2018 wrote:
These are more typo & spelling issues than "grammar" mistakes. They aren't important in the grand, over-all picture. Maybe KI can go back and adjust these issues after the priorities of game improvement.
I'm not an English teacher, but I've detected at least 3 errors in grammar in the opening paragraph.....
Sure, but they always got time to scrub out minor typos.