Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Why Aren't The New Fairy Wings On Sale?

AuthorMessage
Captain
Jun 10, 2013
I just logged into Pirate 101 to check out the new fairy wing mounts, I was saddened to see they are 5,500 crowns. I want to buy a set or 2 of the wings but with the sale going on all mounts are supposed to be 5,000 crowns or less. Kingsisle, can you please put the wings on sale for 5,000 crowns or less. I don't want to but the wings when all the other mounts are cheaper.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
RRRRZZZZ419 on Apr 23, 2018 wrote:
I just logged into Pirate 101 to check out the new fairy wing mounts, I was saddened to see they are 5,500 crowns. I want to buy a set or 2 of the wings but with the sale going on all mounts are supposed to be 5,000 crowns or less. Kingsisle, can you please put the wings on sale for 5,000 crowns or less. I don't want to but the wings when all the other mounts are cheaper.
Since these are new items, perhaps they aren't part of the sale?

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
anecorbie on Apr 24, 2018 wrote:
Since these are new items, perhaps they aren't part of the sale?
This is the exact quote from the Tradewind's Tribune: "Now until April 29th, all Crowns prices on Permanent Mounts are 5,000 Crowns or less."

So either this is human error and Kingsisle forgot to reduce the price of the Fairy Wings, which I hope is the case (and they correct the human error), or the Tradewind's Tribune is lying to us, which I hope is not the case.

If Kingsisle reduces the price of the wings to 5,000 crowns I am 99.99% sure I will be buying at least 1 set of them. Otherwise I will not right now, plain and simple.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
RRRRZZZZ419 on Apr 25, 2018 wrote:
This is the exact quote from the Tradewind's Tribune: "Now until April 29th, all Crowns prices on Permanent Mounts are 5,000 Crowns or less."

So either this is human error and Kingsisle forgot to reduce the price of the Fairy Wings, which I hope is the case (and they correct the human error), or the Tradewind's Tribune is lying to us, which I hope is not the case.

If Kingsisle reduces the price of the wings to 5,000 crowns I am 99.99% sure I will be buying at least 1 set of them. Otherwise I will not right now, plain and simple.
Has there ever been a time in KI games where a new item immediately goes on sale? Or if these wings normally cost more than 10,000 crowns, maybe 5,500 is their sale price?
I think our most expensive mount is the Aquilan Pegasus @ 10,000 crowns - so 50% off does make it an even 5,000 crowns.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Well, I took a closer look at both the Wings and the other mounts on sale and it's as I expected: the Fairy Wings are labeled as NEW! and are not part of the sale. The other mounts are labeled as On Sale! and in fact the 7,500 & 6,5000 crowns mounts aren't 50% off but just 5,000 crowns.

Administrator
Sorry for the confusion. We've clarified the wording a bit on our promotion so that it shows "most" instead of "all" mounts being on sale and also added a note that the Fairy wings will become a permanent addition to the Crown Shop after Mount-a-Palooza is over.

https://www.pirate101.com/free_game/mount-a-palooza-2018

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Captain
Jun 10, 2013
One-Eyed Jack on Apr 26, 2018 wrote:
Sorry for the confusion. We've clarified the wording a bit on our promotion so that it shows "most" instead of "all" mounts being on sale and also added a note that the Fairy wings will become a permanent addition to the Crown Shop after Mount-a-Palooza is over.

https://www.pirate101.com/free_game/mount-a-palooza-2018
I appreciate you clarifying this. I no longer feel mislead. Too bad you couldn't have stuck the wings on sale though, oh well. Now that I no longer feel mislead I will probably buy a set of the wings.