Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Better uses of the energy system?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 14, 2015
I won't mince words when I say it: Wizard101's energy system simply DOESN'T WORK in Pirate101. All because of the timers when your pet is actually training, as well as the pet leveling system.

I hate to say it, everyone, but once your pets level starts to get reasonably high, the time between training sessions gets so long that your energy is fully restored before you can make them train again, thus completely eliminating the need for the system at all.

MAYBE if you had hundreds of thousands of crowns to burn to finish their training immediately, the issue would balance itself out, but that's only for, like, %1 of the games overall playerbase, so it's hardly an effective strategy to begin with.

Needless to say, Pirate101 is missing all the activities Wizard101 has that lets you use up that energy in ways that can help you finish the game. And without something else to use all that energy on, why even buy and use energy elixirs or max energy increasing items in the first place? It adds NOTHING beneficial to the game whatsoever.

There really needs to be more uses for our energy that would not only help us through the game in some way, but also give us a reason to buy and use energy elixirs and energy boosting items, because as of right now, both these things are essentially WORTHLESS.

So, what do you think KI could add to Pirate101 that would not only benefit us, but also give us something to use up our energy on? Could some of thee mechanics be copied over from Wizard101, like, say, fishing? Or should they try something completely new?

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Scot S on Mar 9, 2019 wrote:
I won't mince words when I say it: Wizard101's energy system simply DOESN'T WORK in Pirate101. All because of the timers when your pet is actually training, as well as the pet leveling system.

I hate to say it, everyone, but once your pets level starts to get reasonably high, the time between training sessions gets so long that your energy is fully restored before you can make them train again, thus completely eliminating the need for the system at all.

MAYBE if you had hundreds of thousands of crowns to burn to finish their training immediately, the issue would balance itself out, but that's only for, like, %1 of the games overall playerbase, so it's hardly an effective strategy to begin with.

Needless to say, Pirate101 is missing all the activities Wizard101 has that lets you use up that energy in ways that can help you finish the game. And without something else to use all that energy on, why even buy and use energy elixirs or max energy increasing items in the first place? It adds NOTHING beneficial to the game whatsoever.

There really needs to be more uses for our energy that would not only help us through the game in some way, but also give us a reason to buy and use energy elixirs and energy boosting items, because as of right now, both these things are essentially WORTHLESS.

So, what do you think KI could add to Pirate101 that would not only benefit us, but also give us something to use up our energy on? Could some of thee mechanics be copied over from Wizard101, like, say, fishing? Or should they try something completely new?
Who trains only one pet at a time and then waits for more energy?

I train as many pets as I have energy to train -- keeping several of them constantly leveling up and returning with the bonus pet gear is a very good way to get a lot of gold quickly by selling to the Pet Gear Vendor in Circus Maximus.

1020 per item is a LOT!