Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Overpowered? HA!

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Dec 25, 2015
My moo robe is completely useless in pvp! the summons barly do anything and my robe only summoned 3 even though it summons nine every other time I saw it. And yes my will is high enough. So what the heck happened and why on earth did people ever say it was good?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
kingme655 on Dec 10, 2017 wrote:
My moo robe is completely useless in pvp! the summons barly do anything and my robe only summoned 3 even though it summons nine every other time I saw it. And yes my will is high enough. So what the heck happened and why on earth did people ever say it was good?
Back in the day the Robes summoned the full 9 and they automatically used their Leviathan shield, they then would Vicious Charge the closest enemy. Sometimes there was a bug where they had more than one Vicious. They were a near unstoppable tide of destruction in PVP; because of the many complaints, KI modified the robes for PVP, making the Will stat responsible for the number of Terror-cotta appearing. If you were expecting to sit back and let them destroy your opponent, well that's too bad; however, 3 Cotta can still put some pressure on the opposing side.
You will still get the full 9 in PVE.
For the full story just do a search of the boards for the Robes of Moo Manchu, and narrow your search to the Spar Chamber.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Try reading this post :" the Terror cotta troupe and why it's ridiculous." And "Ban Terror Cotta".

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
The Imperial Robes Of Moo Manchu used to summon 5 in PVP. Now as you stated you don't get more than 3. Ki did this after people complained about summon spamming. Once again Ki has hurt Witchdoctors. Ki needs to reverse this decision along with the decision to ban charm in PVP. Witchdoctors are bad in PVP and Ki knows it. All classes need an equal chance of winning a PVP match!

Ensign
Sep 03, 2010
That sir would be because prior to it being nerfed, the robe would be a guaranteed summon of 9, and on top of that due to how ranked works, if you summoned them on the first turn of ranked(when you were immobilized) they all would automatically use leviathan's call. So to recap, that's 9 minions, with hold the line 3, that explode when they die, that also take now 50% less damage due to the leviathan's call that they use. Lets not forget, that's also 9 minions than would charge 8 squares to reduce the opponents entire team with vicious charge(that's a 50% accuracy reduce for 5 turns), and the odds of 9 minions not reducing 3 companions and the pirate was highly unlikely. This gave everyone who had moo robe an extreme advantage against those who didn't have it. Depending on your class, there are plenty of other viable options to use if you don't like the moo robe. Privateers can use a fort robe or an assassins robe, those are my favorites. Musketeers can use a valor's armor, Witchdoctors can also use a fort robe.. though I think Witches fair better with the moo robe anyways. Swashbucklers do very well with a revive robe, and Buccaneers have a multitude of options for a robe.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
RRRRZZZZ419 on Dec 11, 2017 wrote:
The Imperial Robes Of Moo Manchu used to summon 5 in PVP. Now as you stated you don't get more than 3. Ki did this after people complained about summon spamming. Once again Ki has hurt Witchdoctors. Ki needs to reverse this decision along with the decision to ban charm in PVP. Witchdoctors are bad in PVP and Ki knows it. All classes need an equal chance of winning a PVP match!
That's wrong, Dino, they summoned the full 9 ( not 5 ). You can get more than 3 depending on your Will and making the percentage roll ( which I believe is 25% chance ).

Gunner's Mate
Dec 25, 2015
As I said I have 90 something will so if its will based then my will is certainly enough for all 9. Or at least more then 3.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
kingme655 on Dec 12, 2017 wrote:
As I said I have 90 something will so if its will based then my will is certainly enough for all 9. Or at least more then 3.
But it is also a random chance, a higher Will just makes the random chance "better".

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
anecorbie on Dec 12, 2017 wrote:
That's wrong, Dino, they summoned the full 9 ( not 5 ). You can get more than 3 depending on your Will and making the percentage roll ( which I believe is 25% chance ).
I wasn't doing PVP when the Tower Of Moo Manchu came out and even if I had been I didn't have the Imperial Robes Of Moo Manchu till sometime between 6 months to a year ago. The highest I have ever got in ranked PVP is 5 and in unranked PVP is the full 9. My level 70 privateer Two-Faced Dino "Die No" Clegg has the base will for his level, I could have increased his will with Kane equips, but I chose to sacrifice will for 2 firstmate's boon cards and 2 hold the line cards, I sometimes swap one of those out for the bear claw banner.

Two-Faced Aurora "A Roar A" Clegg - musketeer
Two-Faced Dino "Die No" Clegg - privateer

Note: "A Roar A" does not actually make a roaring noise and "Die No" can and does time from time to time.

Gunner's Mate
Dec 25, 2015
anecorbie on Dec 13, 2017 wrote:
But it is also a random chance, a higher Will just makes the random chance "better".
So I spent a lot of time farming for a chance based item to use in pvp? Why on earth would they make it chance based? I would have just farmed for bloods coat if I knew moos would be bad in pvp.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
kingme655 on Dec 14, 2017 wrote:
So I spent a lot of time farming for a chance based item to use in pvp? Why on earth would they make it chance based? I would have just farmed for bloods coat if I knew moos would be bad in pvp.
Your information on the robes was out of date; however it's still useful in Ranked PVP - they still have Vicious Charge, Leviathan's Call, Hold the Line at 3 ranks and Cheap Shot. KI made it chance based because of all the complaints for nerfing or banning, this way those who had farmed for this piece of gear can use it without the unfair advantage over those without it. They are still a viable piece of gear for PVP.
Blood's Jacket, on the other hand, is banned from Ranked PVP, so even if you had farmed for this and got it, you wouldn't be able to use it.
Both items are great for PVE.