Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Queue matching problems v2

AuthorMessage
Community Leader
I posted a thread a couple weeks ago regarding a mismatch I experienced on my swashbuckler in ranked pvp. My max level 200+ rank buckler pulled an extremely low level witchdoctor (level 10-15 range). I experienced the same problem again today. I pulled a level 12 musket at the same rank range range. Ratbeard, I implore you, for the sake of the enjoyment of new pvpers, fix this issue.

Writer, Editor, Administrator, and Pirate PvP guy at FinalBastion

Check us out for all things Pirate101 and Wizard101 PvE/PvP

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Matthew525011 on Nov 7, 2017 wrote:
I posted a thread a couple weeks ago regarding a mismatch I experienced on my swashbuckler in ranked pvp. My max level 200+ rank buckler pulled an extremely low level witchdoctor (level 10-15 range). I experienced the same problem again today. I pulled a level 12 musket at the same rank range range. Ratbeard, I implore you, for the sake of the enjoyment of new pvpers, fix this issue.
I heartily agree with you; this causes a dilemma - do you flee from such a mismatch , sacrificing your rank & the scrip; or do you squash the jeebers out of the poor low level? And if you DO squash them, how do you deal with the guilt?
We should not be fighting anyone more than 10 levels below us, I don't care if the queue is empty of viable competitors, I'd rather wait for a worthy match up!

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
Well sometimes the highest PVP ranks have boosted to get there. If a booster got a low level match then it is very fair.

Ensign
Jul 16, 2010
I had the same problem only it was the other way around. I at level 20 or so finally got a PVP challenge, only I was paired with someone who was completely out of my level. We are talking level 70 or something. They trounced me of course. When I tried for another match the same thing happened. I would really like to earn some PVP badges, but any time I play I am always trounced. I would love it if there was a way for my to play against someone around my own level so it would at least be a fair fight. Then at least we both would stand a chance. I also do not want to wait around until I am a very high level just to try PVP again. Isn't there someway to fix this so it's a little more fair. It would make it so much more fun.

Community Leader
anecorbie on Nov 8, 2017 wrote:
I heartily agree with you; this causes a dilemma - do you flee from such a mismatch , sacrificing your rank & the scrip; or do you squash the jeebers out of the poor low level? And if you DO squash them, how do you deal with the guilt?
We should not be fighting anyone more than 10 levels below us, I don't care if the queue is empty of viable competitors, I'd rather wait for a worthy match up!
Kill them and apologize. Odds are, it's a low level with 0 rank that you just pulled, meaning a loss would cost you 18-20 rank. It would take two wins in an even fight to fully make up for it. Winning the match however, only gets you 7-8 rank, and since the low level likely had none to begin with, it's not too much of a problem for their rank.

Writer, Editor, Administrator, and Pirate PvP guy at FinalBastion

Check us out for all things Pirate101 and Wizard101 PvE/PvP

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
RRRRZZZZ419 on Nov 8, 2017 wrote:
Well sometimes the highest PVP ranks have boosted to get there. If a booster got a low level match then it is very fair.
How can a match between a level 70 vs. a level 15 ever be described as "fair" and what has boosting got to do with this?