Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Why not make ranked PvP free?

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Apr 06, 2016
Black Jack Silver brought this up when we were in ranked and I wondered why not make PvP? What do you think?

Lieutenant
Mar 27, 2014
plain and simple. they want money. and it is free for members.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
DariusMusk on Jan 18, 2018 wrote:
Black Jack Silver brought this up when we were in ranked and I wondered why not make PvP? What do you think?
Because Ranked PVP is where the money is, dedicated PVP-ers maintain their memberships just for Ranked; others use Crowns for a seasonal pass, 24 hour pass, or per match.

Lieutenant
Apr 06, 2016
anecorbie on Jan 18, 2018 wrote:
Because Ranked PVP is where the money is, dedicated PVP-ers maintain their memberships just for Ranked; others use Crowns for a seasonal pass, 24 hour pass, or per match.
They should be a limited time free Ranked PvP or something cause rank pvp is currently DEAD

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
DariusMusk on Jan 20, 2018 wrote:
They should be a limited time free Ranked PvP or something cause rank pvp is currently DEAD
Making it free won't revive it, then. Having a Ranked event would be better. KI did this a couple years ago; fight 5 bouts and be entered for a random draw crowns reward.

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
DariusMusk on Jan 20, 2018 wrote:
PvP is dead, because the only reward you get these days is a single new pet. There isn't an incentive for most players to continue Pvping, beyond the usual players in the arena who simply like Pvping to PvP.

I'm personally looking forward to improvements to Ship PvP, given the "timing" aspect it brings to the game, and presumably, new Ship PvP gear.