Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Building Lesser Companions: Tribal Crew Pack

AuthorMessage
Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
It's been quite a while since my last Building Lesser Companions thread, so I'm going to create a new one. (For those who don't know, Building Lesser Companions is my series of threads that discusses ideas on using companions less often seen on the battleboard.) It's almost summer, let's get heated up! I'll talk about the Tribal Crew Pack companions this time. The Tribal Crew Pack is bought from the Crown Shop for 395 Crowns, and these are the companions you can get from it:

Kawil Doomclaw is a Swashbuckler companion. He promotes at levels 24 and 43 and has Epic Strike on his final promotion.

Holkun Doomhorn is a Buccaneer companion. He promotes at levels 24 and 43 and has Super Strike on his final promotion.

Itzen Kaan is a Privateer companion. He promotes at levels 24 and 42 and has Rouse and Call to Arms on his final promotion.

Lemba Moonskull is a Musketeer companion. He promotes at levels 24 and 43 and progresses from Gunnery to Artillery to The Big Guns as he promotes.

Chilam Bak is a Witchdoctor companion. He promotes at levels 24 and 43 and progresses from Hoodoo Touch when you get him, to Hoodoo Touch and Vultures Gift on his first promotion, to Vulture's Gift and Mutineer's Grasp on his second promotion.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Lookit Light on Jun 8, 2019 wrote:
It's been quite a while since my last Building Lesser Companions thread, so I'm going to create a new one. (For those who don't know, Building Lesser Companions is my series of threads that discusses ideas on using companions less often seen on the battleboard.) It's almost summer, let's get heated up! I'll talk about the Tribal Crew Pack companions this time. The Tribal Crew Pack is bought from the Crown Shop for 395 Crowns, and these are the companions you can get from it:

Kawil Doomclaw is a Swashbuckler companion. He promotes at levels 24 and 43 and has Epic Strike on his final promotion.

Holkun Doomhorn is a Buccaneer companion. He promotes at levels 24 and 43 and has Super Strike on his final promotion.

Itzen Kaan is a Privateer companion. He promotes at levels 24 and 42 and has Rouse and Call to Arms on his final promotion.

Lemba Moonskull is a Musketeer companion. He promotes at levels 24 and 43 and progresses from Gunnery to Artillery to The Big Guns as he promotes.

Chilam Bak is a Witchdoctor companion. He promotes at levels 24 and 43 and progresses from Hoodoo Touch when you get him, to Hoodoo Touch and Vultures Gift on his first promotion, to Vulture's Gift and Mutineer's Grasp on his second promotion.
For me, these are very difficult to acquire -- I have probably opened a couple of hundred packs and only gotten three of these companions.

Holkun Doomhorn seems a standard buccaneer, and I have him on a buccaneer, which seems convenient.

Lemba Moonskull, I like his animations because he throws bolts rather than using the standard musketeer weapons of guns or arrows. It's unusual.

Chilam Bak is on my privateer's crew, and really doesn't seem anything unique.

These companions could do with an update to give them unique powers, like the Bear companions.

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
My Itzen Kaan doesn't really stand out, but having a heal and an Accuracy boosting power, I could see some value in him. Maybe I should redesign him, make him more of a support fighter... that would be good.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Lookit Light on Jun 10, 2019 wrote:
My Itzen Kaan doesn't really stand out, but having a heal and an Accuracy boosting power, I could see some value in him. Maybe I should redesign him, make him more of a support fighter... that would be good.
I keep my Itzen Kaan to the background even in Fog. I wait until his heal is needed, but he's certainly able to kick tushie if attacked. I gave him the standard swashbuckler talents. I've used him in the Smuggler's Arena and the Kane battle.

He's my backup when El Toro goes on bedrest.