Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

uhh playing pirate101 and wizard101

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Aug 02, 2010
so I just figured out that I can't play wizard101 and pirate101 at the same time but I have been doing it for awhile can I get banned? I log into both at the same time and I don't wanna get banned

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
sevail on Jul 7, 2018 wrote:
so I just figured out that I can't play wizard101 and pirate101 at the same time but I have been doing it for awhile can I get banned? I log into both at the same time and I don't wanna get banned
I've been playing both games at the same time for five years now. Why would you think you would get banned?

If you are playing two different characters, on the same account, in the same game....you are probably using special third party software to do it and that could get you banned.

However, the servers allow you to play both games with the same account at the same time without any third party software (if you login at the same time).

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
sevail on Jul 7, 2018 wrote:
I'm not sure, and I'll let the experts answer that question, but I log into 2+ accounts at the same time in Pirate101 and I have never gotten banned.

Hope that helps the slightest bit.

Ensign
Aug 02, 2010
okay thanks guys I just got a little spooked and I don't use 3rd party software to do so I guess i'm okay

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Oran from Urz on Jul 8, 2018 wrote:
I've been playing both games at the same time for five years now. Why would you think you would get banned?

If you are playing two different characters, on the same account, in the same game....you are probably using special third party software to do it and that could get you banned.

However, the servers allow you to play both games with the same account at the same time without any third party software (if you login at the same time).
Really? Because if I log into Wizard after collecting from my wishing well in Pirate, I get notified that my Pirate has been logged out because someone else logged in using my account.

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
Fiorenza Rosanante... on Jul 11, 2018 wrote:
Really? Because if I log into Wizard after collecting from my wishing well in Pirate, I get notified that my Pirate has been logged out because someone else logged in using my account.
You have to log into the accounts at the same exact time. If you log into one, then the other, you will get that notification. This only works with Wizard101/Pirate101. Grub Guardian and the MMOs still have that restriction of not at the same time. Additionally, you cannot do this method within the same game as the launcher itself prevents you from doing that (and it should given the clear problems if it didn't stop you).

At Pirate101 launch, I created a secondary account specifically to play both games at the same time, because the server would not let you play both at the same time. However, shortly thereafter, the servers allowed the same account/different games method.

Some reminders/tips about doing this (for any one else reading this):

1. The better option is to create a separate account to play both games at the same time. Why? If you get disconnected in one game, you have log out of both to play both at the same time again.

2. Remember, although it is the same account....they are different subscriptions for each game. Membership in one does not equal membership in the other. You share the same Crowns though (if you family linked separate accounts...you could share Crowns too). In other words, playing both games at the same time does not provide you any monetary/Crowns advantages than playing them separately.

3. The only real benefit this method provides is not having to remember as many logins/passwords to play both games at the same time and it doesn't require the linking of separate family accounts (assuming people do want to save monthly membership fees by linking accounts). I view it as "I already have Pirate101 account built with my Wizard101 account....why not use it?".

Regardless of method, if you like Wizard101 and Pirate101, I encourage players to play both at that the same time (if your computer can handle it). You pick actions in one game, while animations play out in the other. Badge grinds can be brutal if you don't play both simultaneously.