Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Commander Davis in Fort Basset

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Nov 09, 2012
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jun 27, 2013 wrote:
It doesn't need to be made easier. Goodness does no one anymore enjoy a bit of a challenge any more? Sheesh it sounds like you want everything handed to you. You just need to change How you play. If something doesn't work then Learn from it and try something else. I soloed that on my musketeer and my privateer. It wasn't easy by any means but I did it and I was able to enjoy that trill of victory of a hard battle well won that Ratbeard talks about. Get gear that gives you some buffs, protection and heals, focus on one enemy at a time. Don't just charge in there, buff up and protect your companions while they use up turns getting to you. Buffs stack and make a huge difference. I used witchdoctor companions because they could do damage to more from a safe distance. Have companions with repel boarders and do tactical retreats once in a while. That will trigger that epic when they chase after you and you will get extra damage on them. Watch your health and only heal when you will not overheal and waste it. You only have to survive two waves. On the third one just hit the little bulldog and ignore everyone else. You Can do this. You just can't keep fighting the way you always have been. It's time to grow and change. Get better. Watch a youtube video of the fight and see how they did it. Yea you can do it with help, but just imagine how good you will feel if you pull this off yourself. I know the game is designed to have us help each other and I love that aspect of it. But at least Try a few times just to see yourself grow. Don't keep trying the same things and repeat your defeats. Try new strategies. Get better and enjoy the thrill of victory instead of whining about the agony of defeat.
Wow! You really just inspired me! I am about to do Ft. Bassett. Thanks for the encouraging words. and thanks to everyone for all the strategies. Hopefully I can do it!

See you in the spiral:

Tireless Blake West level 51
Sandy Noah Collins level 18
Liam Jackson level 10

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
CaptainBunny093 on Jul 24, 2013 wrote:
Wow! You really just inspired me! I am about to do Ft. Bassett. Thanks for the encouraging words. and thanks to everyone for all the strategies. Hopefully I can do it!

See you in the spiral:

Tireless Blake West level 51
Sandy Noah Collins level 18
Liam Jackson level 10
You are more than welcome. It is what we are here for, to help each other succeed and hopefully bless each other's socks off in the process.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
"x Listens quietly and bends down and picks up gauntlet x Challenge accepted. My Buccaneer is currently in cool ranch and I will now focus on her and get her there and give it a whirl." -- Chrissy the Blessed
Any progress update on this challenge? I'm looking forward to hearing how it turns out.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Calamity Finch on Aug 6, 2013 wrote:
"x Listens quietly and bends down and picks up gauntlet x Challenge accepted. My Buccaneer is currently in cool ranch and I will now focus on her and get her there and give it a whirl." -- Chrissy the Blessed
Any progress update on this challenge? I'm looking forward to hearing how it turns out.
I just hit level 50 in Mooshu and just started Subata, so I am almost there :D

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jul 9, 2013 wrote:
x Listens quietly and bends down and picks up gauntlet x Challenge accepted. My Buccaneer is currently in cool ranch and I will now focus on her and get her there and give it a whirl. Your grievance is with merit, I have not done this fight with my buccaneer. I will let you know how I do when I get there. Please 'Watch' this topic so you will know when I get there. Ok

Strong Christina
To: Leonidasofsparta,
I Just got my buccaneer, Christina Strong to Fort Basset. She soloed the entire thing using Old Scratch, El Torro & Kobe. Only El Torro Was lost in the battle.
Her equipment is:
Hat: Oishi's Great Helm - Level 40 gives: Assassin's Strike
Robe: Mighty Warrior's Robes - Level 35 gives: Valor's Armor (Which wasn't used in the battle, it didn't come up)
Boots: Shinpan Daimyo's Tab - Level 40 gives: Rallying Call
Weapon: Dragoon Greatsword - Level 55 Base Damage: 155-259
Totem: Graven Ivory Bauble - Level 35 gives: Whale's Might
Charm: Victoria Cross - Level 50 gives: Revive (Which wasn't used in the battle, It didn't come up in rotation)
Ring: Ring Of Hephaestus Level 55 gives: Great Juju
Her Stats:
Strength: 80+16 Damage
Agility and Will: at base levels of 51 & 35
Accuracy & Dodge: 96
Weapon: 204/308
Armor: 65
Resistance: 0 (Guess I need to work on that, lol)

So as you can see she has done some work farming to get good gear but she is by far just an ordinary Buccaneer with standard Buccaneer companions and just by playing wise she got through the battle just fine. If her heal had come up or her Valor's Armor had come up she would not have even lost El Torro.
So, Please reconsider your style and follow my advice, I have just proved that it works for Buccaneers too.
Please let us know how you do.