Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Guys Bring Pirate101 back alive

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 12, 2012
Hey i have not played in like three or four months but when i came back everything was empty...i was told people stopped playing because more in game stuff came more than updates but guys learn that this company has more than pirate101 they have wizard101 which is already so much to handle you guys just need to be patient and please if your one of my friends in the game please come back to me.

From Golden Dino Web lvl 66

Ensign
Mar 31, 2010
Hello there! yes, lots of people have left the game. mostly during the three year "Hiatus" of sorts. what we need is more updates to bring in more players. if we dont get that, then any players we gain during an update we'll lose by the time the next one comes out. Kingsisle works very hard on these games but pirate101 always seems to be on the back burner. after the recent lay-offs the P101 team got even smaller than it was before. we need to work hard to make this game more popular, and keep it that way.

patience isn't the issue most "hardcore" players stayed with the game even through the lack of updates.(including me) We. Need. More. Worlds. thats what will bring people back, and more frequent worlds will make them stay. unless we recover from all the lay offs and our little "hiatus" this game will become obsolete.

but i will always love it!

Gunner's Mate
Sep 07, 2014
Hate to be the one to tell you, however - IF there is no new content - people Will leave the game and not return
so it is not upon the players but upon KI

Lieutenant
Jan 20, 2013
Pirate101 is in a little bit of a tough spot. The long wait between Aquila and Valencia Part Two didn't help. However, I don't think the game's future solely rests in KI's hands. It's really a partnership between the game and its community. It would be nice if KingsIsle updated the game with new worlds to entice new players, but it's also up to us to help recruit and encourage others to play.

Hopefully 2017 is a great one for Pirate101. I'm optimistic for the future.

~Virtuous Vanessa

Once a super fan, now a KingsIsle QA Tester! I squash bugs.
~
_~ )_)_~
)_))_))_)
_!__!__!_
\______t/
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Golden Dino Webb on Jan 19, 2017 wrote:
Hey i have not played in like three or four months but when i came back everything was empty...i was told people stopped playing because more in game stuff came more than updates but guys learn that this company has more than pirate101 they have wizard101 which is already so much to handle you guys just need to be patient and please if your one of my friends in the game please come back to me.

From Golden Dino Web lvl 66
It's kind of hypocritical to state that you aren't playing because everything was empty, don't you think? Not everyone has stopped playing -- you can make new friends.

What if everyone who ISN'T playing was to actually log in and look for a new friend to help? Would that encourage your friends to come back? Would new players enjoy the game more if Avery's Court was crowded?

(Personally, I don't like crowded places - I dislike having my chat box filled up with weird remarks and stuff.)

There are still new players -- and old -- asking for help with the Tower, with Smuggler's Arena, etc. Maybe if you set your sights on helping someone else you wouldn't be bored with trying to think of something selfish to do.

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
The best way we can encourage KI to do more stuff for Pirate101 is to make it worth their while. That is to get more people interested in the game.

Ways we can do that:

1) Twitch and YouTube streams where we show others the game.
2) Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, you name it, promote the game.
3) Invite new players who have never played it to join you with a new pirate, and show just how much fun team play can be.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Krigleblort on Jan 19, 2017 wrote:
Hate to be the one to tell you, however - IF there is no new content - people Will leave the game and not return
so it is not upon the players but upon KI
KI needs help from the players, too. How you can help: Talk positively about playing P101, don't keep raging about lack of content ( gee, it's only been 8 mos. since the release of VA2. ) If KI had adhered to their usual schedule from the past, that would indicate a new update this coming spring.
Stay positive, we don't know what's coming in the future.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
I think a combined effort-- KI & Community-- would be an ideal approach to bring in new players & keep older ones on board.

There's a lot that players can do in regards to recruiting & spreading the word. And I feel it is acceptable for the devs to hope that players can & will do a large part of the banner waving. It's an MMO & MMO's are directly related to the wide-reaching expanses of social media. So it makes sense for KI management to hope the player base can sustain itself, open Skyways to new players & keep the Community engaged. But it's one thing to hope for it & another thing entirely, to just expect it.

I truly love the game & Community, beyond measure. But I honestly do feel that KI management has become complacent, in their hopes that simply letting the Community "do it's thing" & toot P101's horn will keep the game afloat. This absolutely has nothing to do with OEJ, Ratbeard, Decius or other programmers/employees-- aka, the hard working folks that bring the game to life. No, this is an issue that comes from higher up.

Sure, as a Community we can do so much but honestly the onus isn't & shouldn't be on the players to handle the marketing/promoting. There is a lot we can do. But there's so much more that the powers-that-be could do (promo events, ads, commercials), if they wish the game to thrive. Sure, we can spread the word, try to bring in new players, post on social sites...but when it comes down to it, management should step up & invest more into P101's future.

There is so much that could be done with marketing & promoting of P101, but maybe the corporate brass is unwillingly to venture down those more costly avenues. And that's perfectly fine & fair. But to just hope that the social side of MMO gaming & the Community will take care of marketing/selling/sustaining their product--well that is expecting too much while doing too little, themselves.

Love the game, just wish the higher-ups would step up a little bit & put this treasure back on the map.

Commodore
Jan 17, 2013
Aye, my friend, when I was but a level 1, this game was overflowing with excited young pirates ready to conquer the skyways, I can see indeed that while I was away, there are many players that are no longer here, but like someone said, its up to KI to take Pirate101 off the backburner, and we as loyal players should fully support all their actions.

Lets hope they can do something about this soon!

Fearless Robert spencer
Brave Robert spencer

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
I think you guys are missing the point.

Compare the number of players of Wizard101 to that of Pirate101.

It's clear to me that KI had big plans for Pirate101, seeing as they gave us five worlds right at the start, and two more after only six months.

Since then, we got PvP, we got Mu Manchu, we got the Regatta, we got a revamped Skull Island. All of which was aimed at attracting and holding onto players.

None of those worked. So now, rather than opening up one world and holding four more in reserve, they have condensed those four into one, and gave us an actual ending to the story.

An ending to the story.

Think about what that implies.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Max DeGroot on Jan 23, 2017 wrote:

It's clear to me that KI had big plans for Pirate101, seeing as they gave us five worlds right at the start, and two more after only six months.

Since then, we got PvP, we got Mu Manchu, we got the Regatta, we got a revamped Skull Island. All of which was aimed at attracting and holding onto players.

None of those worked. So now, rather than opening up one world and holding four more in reserve, they have condensed those four into one, and gave us an actual ending to the story.

An ending to the story.

An MMO wouldn't bother to produce a new pack and a new type of gauntlet for a game they've decided to finish.
Plus there are the bits we've been hearing from a Falmea Friday that "plans are going forward" and in the latest KI Live from both Tom and Leah that "They have news about what's coming to P101 but they're not ready to be revealed".
There was a bit of a hiatus in W101 when players confronted and beat Malistaire in Dragonspyre, it took a while for Celestia and a new threat to appear. P101 is following the same pattern.

Stop spreading negative rumors! This game isn't dead!

Ensign
Feb 10, 2016
anecorbie on Jan 20, 2017 wrote:
KI needs help from the players, too. How you can help: Talk positively about playing P101, don't keep raging about lack of content ( gee, it's only been 8 mos. since the release of VA2. ) If KI had adhered to their usual schedule from the past, that would indicate a new update this coming spring.
Stay positive, we don't know what's coming in the future.
Rajah, That is what should be next.

Lieutenant
Dec 30, 2012
Max DeGroot on Jan 23, 2017 wrote:

An ending to the story.

The end of the 1st arc and the end of the game are two different things. Sure it might take KI 1, maybe even 2 years to come out with a new world, but I don't believe the game is already over.

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
anecorbie on Jan 24, 2017 wrote:
An MMO wouldn't bother to produce a new pack and a new type of gauntlet for a game they've decided to finish.
Plus there are the bits we've been hearing from a Falmea Friday that "plans are going forward" and in the latest KI Live from both Tom and Leah that "They have news about what's coming to P101 but they're not ready to be revealed".
There was a bit of a hiatus in W101 when players confronted and beat Malistaire in Dragonspyre, it took a while for Celestia and a new threat to appear. P101 is following the same pattern.

Then you explain why they decided to scrap four perfectly good scripts for worlds. I know what Blind Mew said about a clean slate and all that, but frankly, that doesn't fly very well. Why write up new stuff when you have old stuff that is there, unless they wanted to re-write everything for an entirely different audience than what they had so as to attract new players.

Attracting players is the key.

We told them when it was a year and no story update, then two years and no story update, that what we wanted was a story update. Yet, they waited yet another year for a story update. Why in the world would they do that?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Max DeGroot on Jan 25, 2017 wrote:
Then you explain why they decided to scrap four perfectly good scripts for worlds. I know what Blind Mew said about a clean slate and all that, but frankly, that doesn't fly very well. Why write up new stuff when you have old stuff that is there, unless they wanted to re-write everything for an entirely different audience than what they had so as to attract new players.

Attracting players is the key.

We told them when it was a year and no story update, then two years and no story update, that what we wanted was a story update. Yet, they waited yet another year for a story update. Why in the world would they do that?
Why should I explain something that Blind Mew already did? Do you want my take on the shortened story? There were internal problems with the story KI knew players wouldn't want to wait much longer; therefore they rushed in with a shortened version ( which was still dramatically satisfying, IMO ). To keep players happy.
This is done, it's water under the bridge and this game is now going forward, hopefully at its usual pace ( before the long wait. )
Since the time our story arc was updated, it's been a bit more than 8 mos. I would think that players could wait and see what's going to happen in May before moaning about a lack of story ( or even that the game is finished! )
You won't attract players by airing negative views of the game.

Commodore
Jan 17, 2013
and may the players who we have lost Requiescat en Pace...

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
fearless robert sp... on Jan 27, 2017 wrote:
I would like it better if they returned, Renaissance!

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
fearless robert sp... on Jan 27, 2017 wrote:
How about we get the witchdoctors to rise them from the dead sorta thing?

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
anecorbie on Jan 24, 2017 wrote:

I truly believe P101 still has potential, & I agree with you. Granted, our elongated hiatus in P101 did put things on a different course than what we wanted, even me, but we'd settle for what we had than what we wanted from the start.

Why, I had excitement to see G's plan to build Able to stop Kane, gather the last pieces of Marco Pollo's Map, and ultimately defeat him once and for all in El Dorado, among other things I've posted about how Kane's grand showdown would've gone if he had multiple forms in it.

I know W101 had a hiatus when Malistaire was defeated in Dragonspyre, but let's not forget that once Morganthe was defeated, another hiatus, albeit shorter, took place while Grandfather Spider begins to weave his grand web of sorrow and shadow, if you get the meaning.

Nevertheless, in that time, it had, for instance, dungeon zones with Skeleton Key bosses added at the time, to not only provide new challenges for people at different levels, kept many busy, & new places to explore in past worlds, but to see some new side stories being told, and other loose ends to tie up, like ultimately settling the score with Malistaire once and for all in Castle Darkmoor.

P101's gotten a new booster pack in a very long time, along with a dreadnought dungeon holding Armada troops gone amok, & that proved the movement going forward once more.

Let's also remember the story about the layoff KI had in May 2016 in their efforts to refocus on their MMOs more, and had to axe their numerous mobile games for it while still retaining some to keep the ongoing mobile games around. My take on it, KI bit off far more than they could chew on the mobile game development business.

The point is, I still have hopes for P101, & I know everyone will do everything in their power to regain what P101 almost lost in that hiatus. We can still keep it going, no matter what.

Plus, I think KI will have more than enough time to properly make arc 2's proper finale, & such.

Commodore
Jan 17, 2013
anecorbie on Jan 27, 2017 wrote:
I would like it better if they returned, Renaissance!
Si, that would be better.

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
anecorbie on Jan 27, 2017 wrote:
Why should I explain something that Blind Mew already did? Do you want my take on the shortened story? There were internal problems with the story KI knew players wouldn't want to wait much longer; therefore they rushed in with a shortened version ( which was still dramatically satisfying, IMO ). To keep players happy.
This is done, it's water under the bridge and this game is now going forward, hopefully at its usual pace ( before the long wait. )
Since the time our story arc was updated, it's been a bit more than 8 mos. I would think that players could wait and see what's going to happen in May before moaning about a lack of story ( or even that the game is finished! )
You won't attract players by airing negative views of the game.
Were it not for the fact that just about every negative comment I have ever made came to pass, I would be inclined to acquiesce.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Max DeGroot on Jan 30, 2017 wrote:
Were it not for the fact that just about every negative comment I have ever made came to pass, I would be inclined to acquiesce.
Max, none of your negative comments have come to pass.

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
i have seen a different situation than youre describing max, especially over the last few weeks..but maybe its cuz I've been out there questing on every pirate helping nooblets and friends alike.. i've traveled to all worlds(by flying) and have seen non-max pirates in each running around.. there is an intense-ness in the air.. quiet busy-ness and its exciting to see.. ship wars in mooshu, mb and cool ranch mostly, but also seeing people in odd areas too.. like flotsam, monquista, jonah town, and many farming for blades of shade(am assuming) and other off-route bosses.. Its just what I've personally witnessed..

also i have personally gotten 4 new friends introduced to pirates, all but 1 immediately choosing membership whereas the last one fell in love and promptly bought a 20$ game card so he can work on buying the game in its entirety..

I still believe a Kiosk would be great for this game and if added might be easier to pull stats from it? If even a tenth of pirates used it possibly could see just how many are actually playing? people could meet new people the list of why its needed has long been discussed so i wont blather on..

In essence though, I think there are a HUGE amount of new pirates out there in all stages of questing since VA2 was added, and i think if P101 continues to get either small wonderful updates often or medium hunks twice a year, or even a large update once a year(or combo of these) it will grow.. the amazing potential of this game is undeniable..as any veteran marauder would agree. <3

so keep ya chins up!! Spring has sprung and much more is to come!!

stormy jen silver

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
anecorbie on Jan 30, 2017 wrote:
Max, none of your negative comments have come to pass.
Didn't they??

I said, at one year and 8 months without a new world that we would not get one until at least two years. You scoffed. I was right.

I said they were doing a re-write of the script. You scoffed. I was right.

Don't say NONE of them came to pass.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Max DeGroot on Feb 2, 2017 wrote:
Didn't they??

I said, at one year and 8 months without a new world that we would not get one until at least two years. You scoffed. I was right.

I said they were doing a re-write of the script. You scoffed. I was right.

Don't say NONE of them came to pass.
Never mind, I was going to continue this but realized any more snipping could cause this thread to be closed and none of want that, right, Max?