Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Privateers

AuthorMessage
Captain
May 02, 2009
In the last major update, it was stated that now, all Privateers use WILL, instead of being STRENGTH or WILL. That being said, all pirate's weapons give a boost to their class's main stat (I.E. Agility for Stabby, Strenght for Smashy, and Will for Staffy), but now since privateer's use will, wouldn't that mean that they're Slashy/Smashy weapons (that the game gives by default) should also be will based and not strenght based? Other wise, Privateers would start needing to use Sfaffy weapons to add an extra oomph to their attacks.
Dead-Eye Philip Laveer
Vice Admiral

Administrator
Hi! It sounds like there may be a misunderstanding? As stated on this thread, "The Update Note does say, 'Privateer companions may now use Will to attack, to properly benefit from their high Will.'

If it is listed somewhere else that is confusing, please let us know and we'll get that fixed!"

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Captain
May 02, 2009
One-Eyed Jack on Jun 11, 2014 wrote:
Hi! It sounds like there may be a misunderstanding? As stated on this thread, "The Update Note does say, 'Privateer companions may now use Will to attack, to properly benefit from their high Will.'

If it is listed somewhere else that is confusing, please let us know and we'll get that fixed!"
Oh, my bad! When you guys said Privateer Companions, I assumed you meant all Privateers in general. My Mistake. Thanks for clearing that up!

Dead-Eye Phillip Laveer
Vice Admiral

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
The equipped weapon actually determines what attribute (strength, will, or agility) is used for the attack. Some combo weapons (smashy/slashy, stabby/smashy, etc.) could actually use two attributes for the attack.