Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Regional Maps?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Aug 02, 2013
Is there a place where I could see maps of an entire world together, and not separated by zones? For example, Skull Island (all zones) as one big map? Just the main zones all together, I wouldn't expect one to have every cave, town and dungeon on it, but something that could give a larger perspective of that world.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Morgrim Laveer on Aug 18, 2013 wrote:
Is there a place where I could see maps of an entire world together, and not separated by zones? For example, Skull Island (all zones) as one big map? Just the main zones all together, I wouldn't expect one to have every cave, town and dungeon on it, but something that could give a larger perspective of that world.
Arcane made one of Skull island and put it on central.

Bosun
Sep 09, 2010
I think that regional maps would be a good idea because then players could get where they need to go and explore the world more .see you in the witchdoctors sanctum romantic rebbeca ivring max level .see you in the spiral

Lieutenant
May 21, 2009
Unfortunately, though several people would like there to be (including myself) there are none at this time for a couple reasons.

1. Pirate is very different compared to Wizard in scope and story - we visit the outer reaches of the Spiral where few dignified folk (i.e. the Wizards) visit. To have a world map of the ENTIRE world would be clunky, problematic, and a waste of bandwidth. A world map of MooShu, for example, would not only include Khotan, Subata, and Hamamitsu, but also the Imperial Skyway where Wizard takes form for their MooShu chapters. No point in mapping them if we aren't going to visit.
2. A lot of the worlds, according to Blind Mew, are open for future skyway expansion. The most recent update with Marleybone & Aquila only have one skyway per world, but many more are mentioned (Kent & Albion for Marleybone, 'Wild' Ionian Way for Aquila). Monquista (which has the unseen Gibbonia and Orryx skyways along with its own Tierra Primata) also has other skyways, and Valencia is about to receive an expansion. So, a world map could be really problematic, in a sense.
3. In theory, I guess it is possible to have a world map, showing all the skyways of the world, but with so many unseen (and not-to-be-visited) places and possible future additions, you can see the problems.
4. A possible solution, in a sense, could be having a world map with only the skyways you currently know with other skyways blacked out until you visit them, i.e. first having Skull Island Skyway on the map then adding Flotsam and Tradewinds and Port Regal and the like as you visit them and then zooming in on current skyways you're visiting, so you could get some tastes of lore and scope with unseen places (like the Imperial Skyway in MooShu). But I just don't see it happening in the long run. It's way too cosmetic a change. Sorry...