Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

What is a Privateer?

AuthorMessage
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
destinyxarrives on Jan 16, 2020 wrote:
Yup.
Will is useful for your heals and barrages; the more will you have, the more you will heal for and the more damage your barrages will do, and the higher the chances you will critical on both.
Weapon damage depends on what type of weapon it is. If the weapon is based on Will, you will get the benefits of your increased Will. If the weapon is Strength or Agility based, its damage is dependent on your Pirate's Strength or Agility respectively.
Hope this helps.
Your shields will be stronger, too.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
skywayprivateer on Nov 7, 2019 wrote:
i don't see many privateers it stinks
Think of yourself as a unique and rare class, I'm always glad to see a privy!

Petty Officer
Nov 23, 2019
Privy is a really cool class, but I have a question: what is the reason we get so many companions? Is it because we usually stand still and buff our companions ( at least that's what I do ) ?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Amazingshot123 on Jan 25, 2020 wrote:
Privy is a really cool class, but I have a question: what is the reason we get so many companions? Is it because we usually stand still and buff our companions ( at least that's what I do ) ?
Plus an officer class is more likely to get recruits. Some people think that this is "unfair", but this is balanced by the fact that more crew = needing more tomes for training.

Ensign
Oct 13, 2019
Amazingshot123 on Jan 25, 2020 wrote:
Technically, that is the reason why, but with the purchase of Crowns any class can really have just as many, so the whole “privy gets the most companions” thing kind of loses its appeal.

Petty Officer
Nov 23, 2019
destinyxarrives on Jan 28, 2020 wrote:
Technically, that is the reason why, but with the purchase of Crowns any class can really have just as many, so the whole “privy gets the most companions” thing kind of loses its appeal.
Your name looks familiar... dead -eye destiny dennis? Don't know if it's just a coincidence or not, but anyway, Cunning Caleb Hawkins, at yer service.

Ensign
Oct 13, 2019
Amazingshot123 on Jan 30, 2020 wrote:
Your name looks familiar... dead -eye destiny dennis? Don't know if it's just a coincidence or not, but anyway, Cunning Caleb Hawkins, at yer service.
No, sir. Destiny arrives is my discord name. My in-game name is Sean Painer.
About four years ago actually, I had two other pirates on a different account; Wicked Aaron Brewster and Cruel Connor Bowman. My Message Boards name back then was Captain Blaze Hunter.