Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Story Thread 3: The Search for Plot

AuthorMessage
Developer
CaptainFlint193 on Nov 9, 2013 wrote:
Thank you so much for the responses, but I have so many questions to ask of you...

1. How does Grizzleheim play into the grand scheme of things?
2. Are our actions against Marleybone going to be discovered any time soon?
3. Any hints about Old Scratch's next promotion quest? I remember you being nicely vague with Bonnie Anne's ('we'll be learning a lot about her background') and Ratbeard's ('It's...different'.)
4. With the recent hints KI has been releasing, is a Skull Island expansion in the works? Or something else entirely?
5. I know there are Cutthroats and Hammerheads (the last of which is Mordekai). Are we going to meet any other Shark clans (this relating to a recent sneak peek with a certain shark in Vadima's Sanctum)?
6. Is it possible we may get quest chains diving deeply into our trainers' pasts?
7. Is the Lafitte clan (and by extension, Black Jean Lafitte) in Marleybone a relation to our Morgan Lafitte?
8. Any possible Book XV hints?
9. You said the entire story of El Dorado will probably take twenty books. How likely are the chances of that number going up or down?
10. When the El Dorado arc ends, you guys are going to whip up a new arc. So my question is - what would you name the El Dorado story? Just calling it 'the El Dorado arc' or 'quest for El Dorado' seems quite dull...
1. Not too grand of a role - the Bears are content to sail, trade, and raid, like they always have.

2. Unsure. I suppose it depends on what you mean by soon...

3. I'm afraid I won't even go that far for Old Scratch's quest yet. Yet.

4. That would be telling.

5. See above.

6. Definitely.

7. Very likely.

8. It's about intrigue, it'll have some interesting surprises and guest appearances, and there's an encounter that's completely unlike anything we've done thus far.

9. Can't guess likelihood of change right now - always in motion is the future.

10. Good question! The Search for El Dorado or The Map to El Dorado may not be snazzy titles, but they definitely work. I haven't really given the arc a grand title yet (we just call it "the main story" here behind the scenes). I'll have to chew on that.

Developer
Buccaneer Boy on Nov 9, 2013 wrote:
Dear Blind Mew, thank you for answering my questions, but my sister and I have thought of a few more to bug you with.

1. Are there any plans on returning to Avernus Skyway?
2. Will we ever get to see our parents' ghosts or echoes or anything like that?
3. Can we expect our return to Valencia before the end of 2013?
4. My sister wants to know why you read to the point of blindness.
5. Will we get any companions in our return to Valencia?
6. Will we get any actual quest gold that we can spend when we go to El Dorado? Or is it more of the point of just getting there? Or maybe a housing item like Captain Gunn's Gold?
7. Will we ever get to train our pets?
8. Will we ever go to Wizard City or even meet our wizards, if we have any?
9. Any plans on going to more Wizard101 worlds or vice versa?
10. Will we ever get to plant like in Wizard101?
11. Will we ever get pets like dogs or cats?
12. What class is Blind Mew?
Thanks for answering our questions, we hope it wasn't too many...
From Daniel Radcliffe and Destiny Mizzen
1. Yes
2. Something like that. I'm afraid I can't get more specific.
3. I don't talk schedule.
4. Because there's so much to know!
5. Yes.
6. Not sure yet, although I'd expect a decent amount of cash.
7. Maybe
8. Maybe on going there, meeting your Wizards is a very tall order from a tech standpoint. I wouldn't hold your breath.
9. Yup
10. Maybe
11. Don't know - that's a systems question.
12. Definitely a musketeer.

Developer
Pirates in the Sky on Nov 10, 2013 wrote:
Why do us pirates go in so many sewers?
What's the matter with sewers?

Developer
john jackson on Nov 12, 2013 wrote:
I have a few more for you blind mew

1.will we ever return to Marleybone

2.will we return to Valencia before 2014

3.what is it about the ancient ones is there a new world

4.who is that old man in the sneak peek

5.is the war between marleybone and the clockworks going to stop when we defeat kane

6.will we get to know more about our father

7.are our parents dead are not
1. Very likely.

2. I don't talk schedule

3. You'll find out.

4. See above.

5. I expect so.

6. Probably.

7. I'm pretty sure they are.

Developer
Buccaneer Boy on Nov 13, 2013 wrote:
Dear Blind Mew,
I only have a single question left to ask. It's more of a request but you may already have something up your sleeves...
I was wondering if, because of the lack of companions in Marleybone and because so many of the Marleybone characters were utterly amazing, I was wondering whether or not you could make a Doberman Redcoat Officer companion?
Thank you, Daniel Radcliffe Level 65
We will be making more MB companions available over time, don't worry.

As for a doberman officer, your request is noted.

Developer
Matthew Ashford on Nov 14, 2013 wrote:
Hi Blind Mew, I would like to ask a single question of you

1. What is the state of spiral politics, specifically Valencia and Polaris. How is Valencia run currently? There have been hints that Kane is operating Valencia as a puppet master of sorts with the king being only a figurehead, but the only bit of information we have received on Kane and Valencia Politics is that Casamir have him control of the armed forces. Also, what about Polaris, I know that after the Napoleonic wars was not France's most stable time. Does the populous know of Napolenguin's eminent return? How is Polaris being run right now?

Thank you for entertaining this question that turned into a tangent of questions,

Matthew Ashfordlv. 65
Valencia is a monarchy, run by a unicorn king. Kane is indeed the supreme commander of the Valencian military, and he answers to King Casimir. Anything else you've heard about figureheads or powers behind the throne is nothing but seditious rumor.

As for Polaris, I'm content to let them remain vague for a little while. I expect Napoleguin's return results in more than a little turbulence.

Developer
Grizzley117 on Nov 14, 2013 wrote:
Hey Blind Mew!!
Here is a question:) When can we meet the Toymaker? I am only in Mooshu, but I have heard from many people on the forums that he is extremely important to the story. I also assume that he built the mechanical birds as well? Thanks for the awesome game!!!
The Toymaker did build the mechanical birds. You'll meet him in good time.

Developer
Buccaneer Boy on Nov 15, 2013 wrote:
Sorry Blind Mew, I have said numerous times that I would not ask you anymore questions but I have one more, for now.
In Mooshu when we fight General Tso, he reminded me a lot of the Jade Champion in Wizard101. I was wondering if they are the same person, if not why do they have such similar suits of armor and skin coloring? Thank you, Daniel Radcliffe, Level 65
General Tso is not the Jade Champion - but we did borrow his look from Wizard, because it's very cool (and it saved our artists some work!).

Developer
john jackson on Nov 16, 2013 wrote:
Another question blind mew
1.will book 15 be long or short
I expect pretty long.

Developer
Sky Sailor on Nov 16, 2013 wrote:
About #5, didn't the PC help end that war? We destroyed the minor Armada station and destroyed Beachhead, made the kurgha tigers loyal to the dogs again, ruined the Armada's surprise attack, and killed the general of the Armada, Rooke. I'd say the dogs won.
Not an outright win, no - but you did tilt the war from "imminent Armada victory" to "stalemate."

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Blind Mew on Nov 26, 2013 wrote:
Valencia is a monarchy, run by a unicorn king. Kane is indeed the supreme commander of the Valencian military, and he answers to King Casimir. Anything else you've heard about figureheads or powers behind the throne is nothing but seditious rumor.

As for Polaris, I'm content to let them remain vague for a little while. I expect Napoleguin's return results in more than a little turbulence.
"Anything... you've heard about... powers behind the throne is nothing but seditious rumor..."

Only seditious rumor, eh? That was very funny, Blind Mew. I liked that.

Virtuous Anne Radcliffe

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Blind Mew on Nov 26, 2013 wrote:
1. Not too grand of a role - the Bears are content to sail, trade, and raid, like they always have.

2. Unsure. I suppose it depends on what you mean by soon...

3. I'm afraid I won't even go that far for Old Scratch's quest yet. Yet.

4. That would be telling.

5. See above.

6. Definitely.

7. Very likely.

8. It's about intrigue, it'll have some interesting surprises and guest appearances, and there's an encounter that's completely unlike anything we've done thus far.

9. Can't guess likelihood of change right now - always in motion is the future.

10. Good question! The Search for El Dorado or The Map to El Dorado may not be snazzy titles, but they definitely work. I haven't really given the arc a grand title yet (we just call it "the main story" here behind the scenes). I'll have to chew on that.
It is always such a rush and a wonderful smile spreads across my face whenever I see you have graced us with posts again. Your hints and insights are so welcome and a delight to read. Thank you.
Is it just me or did a hear a bit of a Yodaish accent when you answered question 9? Lol.

Blessings and giggles on you and your team, you are much loved.

Lieutenant
Sep 17, 2011
A belated thanks for answering my question, and many others. ^^

Now, if you don't mind, I have another question...

In Mooshu, there are some names in Chinese, but I'm wondering, why do most of the Chinese names have to deal with food????? (Examples would include Zhu Ro and Kung Pao...) Was it you that came up with them or was it someone else? O_o Thank you beforehand. ^^

~Quick Pearl

Lieutenant
May 21, 2009
Delicious answers, thank you very much. But the questions, they beg answering...

1. Will we ever meet King Casimir of Valencia?
2. Are the books going to get progressively longer (or roughly remain the size of Book XIV)?
3. What determines how long a book is?
4. Care to talk to us about some of the challenges of writing a video game?
5. Ummm...was Old Scratch human when he was alive? All the skeletons look the same...

That's all I've got for now, but more to come!

Captain
May 02, 2009
I looked up Old Scratch and it turned out it was a nickname for the devil. Does this mean in the future promotions for Old Scratch we'll see more of his devilish side? Or will he become like a mini devil? Or was it just a coincidence and Old Scratch has another meaning to it. Also, I like that Scratch is something of a man of few words, but more dialogue for him won't hurt.

Oh, and about the epic battle with Kane, I think an Epic boss battle with all (except benched and defeated) companions against Kane and his deadliest and most powerful clockwork loonies would make for an awesome (and long) battle! Or maybe a 1v1 with Kane, that's awesome too. But a double fight with Kane like someone else is awesome. I hope you consider my ideas

Bloody Felix Lawson
Aquila Legend

Bosun
May 06, 2009
Blind Mew on Nov 8, 2013 wrote:
1. It was always my intention that they be one and the same.

2. You'll find out soon. The Ancient Ones are probably who you might expect them to be, while the Aquila thing I expect will take you by surprise.

3. I believe I said that would be one cool way to go, but never meant to commit to that idea. The Pirate Republic is something I long to get back to, but I'm not sure how much it would resemble the American Revolution (cool puns notwithstanding). Don't forget - Skull Island is the Carribean. If there is a Polarian presence, it'll be tropical - I expect those poor Penguins would hate it there! There was actually, for a brief moment, a real "Pirate Republic" in the Bahamas in the early 1700s, when several pirate captains (including, most notably, Blackbeard) joined forces and created a de facto democracy with very little in the way of government. That's what inspired Avery's nascent republic.

4. Not at all.We ;love to drop names, and part of the reason wee do it is to plant seeds for future places to go, but there's nothing like a 100% chance.
In regards to Gracie Conrad and Grace Conrad, I'll just go by your words to make it easy on myself (lol). I'll assume she dyed her fur to cover from some mishap and bought a white shirt to replace the pink one. But, I do have a question to ask, primarily about Old Scratch:

1. My American Literature class just finished reading the book "The Devil and Tom Walker." Within the book, I learned that "Old Scratch" is a nickname for the Devil. This kinda took me by surprise as I always wondered how Old Scratch got his name, but I didn't expect that. Is this possibly how Old Scratch got his name? Also does he have or will he have any allusion/affiliation with the Devil going forward? I'm sort of mixed on that.

2. Also, on a side note, where did Old Scratch kinda start out from or step from? Compared to Bonnie Anne and Ratbeard and the rest, you haven't given a whole lot of insight on him. How did he develop into what he is from his design to his unique accent (which I forget what you called it. It started with an "R" I think)? Why a skeleton witchdoctor? I know his powers definitely come in handy, but will he play a more central role as the story moves on? As of now, he only pops up during supernatural occurances and the occasional joke. Also does his final promotion, for now, have any influence from the spanish Calaca? It kinda looks like it, but I could be wrong.

3. By the way, Marleybone holds full colonial rule over Rajah, right? Has this disrubted Rajah's own indepenent power? Could an uprising possibly happen in the future beyond the El Dorado story? And since the war with Valencia, and recruiting the Kurghas, has this majorly effected Rajah at all? Or have they instead benefitted from this, such as political and military protection?

4. Lastly, were their no Female Kurghas?

Thank you! It's always a pleasure to see your responses!

Ensign
Jul 11, 2012
Hey Blind mew, I am curios it has been a while since a new update, does that mean you are releasing 3 chapters at once? Also when will the next big update come out around. I can't help but asking.

Ensign
Sep 28, 2013
I have more questions in need of answers

1.what level will we be when we fight kane I think it will be like level 100 or over

2. who is the pirate king I think it's captain avery

3.what do you think about another game like demigod 101

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Swashbuckling Jay on Nov 29, 2013 wrote:
Hey Blind mew, I am curios it has been a while since a new update, does that mean you are releasing 3 chapters at once? Also when will the next big update come out around. I can't help but asking.
Three worlds at once *Waves smelling salts under team's noses* It's ok He didn't mean it I am sure. He has no idea what a massive undertaking that would be. It's ok, We don't want that from you. *Hands calming Moolong tea all around and fans as needed.*

Petty Officer
Sep 23, 2012
bind mew
we should have an actually sparrow be jack sparrow

strong William sharp level 65

Captain
Oct 15, 2012
truesaviorofthespi... on Dec 1, 2013 wrote:
bind mew
we should have an actually sparrow be jack sparrow

strong William sharp level 65
yes an actually sparrow whatever an actually sparrow is.

Lieutenant
Dec 13, 2008
thought of a question Mr. Blind Mew
1. You said that you purposely created extra caves and houses and such in Aquila and Marleybone for future Promotion/Side quests. What about the no room left Skull Island? I know you go there to see Avery and our Class trainers but I haven't done any questing there for quite a long time. Can you at least give me a tiny hint to know what you might be planning for Skull Island. I'm going completely Barmy by this (hint, hint, wink, wink )
Thanks for the awesome game!!
Stormy Sam

Ensign
Sep 13, 2009
Hi Blind Mew! Here are my questions.

1.Why does the game refer to Port Regal Skyways as (Stormgate to Skullisland)?
2.This isn't a question. I loved when catbeard did the Napoleguin puppet show.
3. You say you voiced blind mew in the game. Do other developers voice their character in the
game? (e.g. one eyed jack or ratbeard)
4. I just returned mustang sally to Don Rodrigo. When do i get El Toro?
5. For a military genius Napoleguin made me defeat way to many people in the dungeon.
6. Hey just found the Tim/Perry are Penn/Teller. Well played.

Crafty Benjamin Jones level 34

Administrator
Bold Benjamin Hawk... on Dec 5, 2013 wrote:
Hi Blind Mew! Here are my questions.

1.Why does the game refer to Port Regal Skyways as (Stormgate to Skullisland)?
2.This isn't a question. I loved when catbeard did the Napoleguin puppet show.
3. You say you voiced blind mew in the game. Do other developers voice their character in the
game? (e.g. one eyed jack or ratbeard)
4. I just returned mustang sally to Don Rodrigo. When do i get El Toro?
5. For a military genius Napoleguin made me defeat way to many people in the dungeon.
6. Hey just found the Tim/Perry are Penn/Teller. Well played.

Crafty Benjamin Jones level 34
I can answer #1 . . . it's a bug, and it's scheduled to be fixed in the future.

(and on 3, Blind Mew's voice is Blind Mew in game, but that isn't the case for Ratbeard or myself.)

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Ensign
Sep 13, 2009
One-Eyed Jack on Dec 5, 2013 wrote:
I can answer #1 . . . it's a bug, and it's scheduled to be fixed in the future.

(and on 3, Blind Mew's voice is Blind Mew in game, but that isn't the case for Ratbeard or myself.)
Thanks Jack. I was wondering about that. (Hey that rhymes... well at least when you say it like a pirate)