Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Hybrid Hunters

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jan 21, 2014
My buddies and I think we may have figured it out.
Pink Crawler
Cutie Chameleon is the only thing we think it could be thats pink and not the marshadillow.Its also a coincidence since it went on sale today.

Multicolored skitter that pinches
This one we were unsure about but we think that it is either the Coconut Crawlie or even perhaps maybe the new Rock Crab. We feel more confident it could be the crawlie since the Rock Crab isnt all that multicolored.We also think if it is the coconut crawlie that it could have been meant to trick us otherwise its a crab. To me it looks like it skitters and it also has pincher claws.

So in conclusion
Cutie Chameleon X Coconut Crawlie

I hope this could work. When i saw this thread i had to stop lurking and make a post lol.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Connor Templeton on Feb 12, 2015 wrote:
My buddies and I think we may have figured it out.
Pink Crawler
Cutie Chameleon is the only thing we think it could be thats pink and not the marshadillow.Its also a coincidence since it went on sale today.

Multicolored skitter that pinches
This one we were unsure about but we think that it is either the Coconut Crawlie or even perhaps maybe the new Rock Crab. We feel more confident it could be the crawlie since the Rock Crab isnt all that multicolored.We also think if it is the coconut crawlie that it could have been meant to trick us otherwise its a crab. To me it looks like it skitters and it also has pincher claws.

So in conclusion
Cutie Chameleon X Coconut Crawlie

I hope this could work. When i saw this thread i had to stop lurking and make a post lol.
And a hearty welcome to the message boards, Conor Templeton! That's a very nice theory, good luck to you!

Bosun
Apr 09, 2014
Decius Duelmaster on Jan 6, 2015 wrote:
Congratz to Daft Dylan and guessing "Farts"

My grandfather would always talk about barking spiders, so of course once I got a spider it had to be named Farts.

As for that promised clue.
This crab used to play lots of rock and roll, but now he plays....
You might want to take a look at this clue again.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Decius Duelmaster on Feb 12, 2015 wrote:

Ok, so I don't know if the newly mentioning of this particular clue goes hand in hand with the new "skitter and crawl", back to the old "skitter and crawl" or something entirely new, but I have to throw this hybrid theory out there-- especially now that 2 new pets have just recently surfaced.

Punk Fish x Rock Crab...

This just HAS to equal Punk Rock or Punk Rocker or Punk Rock Crab! It fits the above clue, fits the hybrids can now make other hybrids and I'm quite sure it would look pretty amazing, as you noted in one of your recent clues. And since the ol' Rock Crab is clearly rockin' out, it surely would be fitting for it to grow some spikes and start punk rockin' out.

As for the new Pink Crawler x multi-colored skitterer...here are my guesses as to which pets we should be focusing on.

For the Pink Crawler: Cutie Chamelion (pink pet and crawler) or Iguana (pink egg and some pink on pet and a crawler). Both of these are pink in some fashion and are possible crawlers.

For the Multi-colored Skitterer that pinches: Coconut Crawlie, Ice Scarab (Pinching Egg), Scylla Spawn, Rock Crab, Golden Stingtail, Deathstalker Scorpion and Scarab (Spinning egg but still has pinchers). All of these are multi-colored, could skitter and also could pinch-- and all but the Scarab (has pinchers) and the 2 Scorpions (have pinchers) come from Pinching Eggs. For pinchers in the true sense of the word, it would seem that Crabs or Scorpions would be used-- So, Coconut Crawlie, Scylla Spawn and or Deathstalker and Golden Stingtail would seem more fitting.

So to me, the combo for the new clue lies in a pairing of these pets, that fit the clues-- still a lot of possibilities, that's for sure! I'll start hitting the tent soon and see what morphs up...starting with using the Cutie & Iguana paired with the Coconut, Scylla, Deathstalker and Stingtail, combos.

Ensign
May 01, 2012
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Feb 12, 2015 wrote:
Ok, so I don't know if the newly mentioning of this particular clue goes hand in hand with the new "skitter and crawl", back to the old "skitter and crawl" or something entirely new, but I have to throw this hybrid theory out there-- especially now that 2 new pets have just recently surfaced.

Punk Fish x Rock Crab...

This just HAS to equal Punk Rock or Punk Rocker or Punk Rock Crab! It fits the above clue, fits the hybrids can now make other hybrids and I'm quite sure it would look pretty amazing, as you noted in one of your recent clues. And since the ol' Rock Crab is clearly rockin' out, it surely would be fitting for it to grow some spikes and start punk rockin' out.

As for the new Pink Crawler x multi-colored skitterer...here are my guesses as to which pets we should be focusing on.

For the Pink Crawler: Cutie Chamelion (pink pet and crawler) or Iguana (pink egg and some pink on pet and a crawler). Both of these are pink in some fashion and are possible crawlers.

For the Multi-colored Skitterer that pinches: Coconut Crawlie, Ice Scarab (Pinching Egg), Scylla Spawn, Rock Crab, Golden Stingtail, Deathstalker Scorpion and Scarab (Spinning egg but still has pinchers). All of these are multi-colored, could skitter and also could pinch-- and all but the Scarab (has pinchers) and the 2 Scorpions (have pinchers) come from Pinching Eggs. For pinchers in the true sense of the word, it would seem that Crabs or Scorpions would be used-- So, Coconut Crawlie, Scylla Spawn and or Deathstalker and Golden Stingtail would seem more fitting.

So to me, the combo for the new clue lies in a pairing of these pets, that fit the clues-- still a lot of possibilities, that's for sure! I'll start hitting the tent soon and see what morphs up...starting with using the Cutie & Iguana paired with the Coconut, Scylla, Deathstalker and Stingtail, combos.
Actually, regarding the rock crab, there may be another possible combination. Thinking of music genres this could apply to, punk rock is a fine guess but another seems even more plausible. Blues music, which is related to rock may be quite a likely canadate, that limits the selection between the Inky Octopus, Blue Ostrich, and some of the Sharks. But only time will tell which one really makes the hybrid.

-- Davy Jones Lv. 65

Ensign
May 01, 2012
It may be prudent to mention the recent discovery of the flamango:

Parents:
* Fandango
* Pink Marshadillo (As hinted by Decius as having it's own special hybrids)

Feathered Egg which hatches in the typical 5 min. range.

*Please Note*

I am not the discoverer of this hybrid give the credit to its rightful founder

--Davy Jones Lv. 65

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Davy Jones on Feb 13, 2015 wrote:
Actually, regarding the rock crab, there may be another possible combination. Thinking of music genres this could apply to, punk rock is a fine guess but another seems even more plausible. Blues music, which is related to rock may be quite a likely canadate, that limits the selection between the Inky Octopus, Blue Ostrich, and some of the Sharks. But only time will tell which one really makes the hybrid.

-- Davy Jones Lv. 65
Hey there Davy! Yeah, you are so very right about saying that Rockin' Crab may have and probably does have other realistic and potential combos. I was just being a bit goofy and the "just HAS to" part was more a wish and a hope, on my end. I think it would be quite funny to have a Punk Rock Crab, and since we have the Punk (Punk Fish) and the Rock (Rock Crab), in good humor, it seemed fitting to get Punk Rock from it.

When that clue was originally posted, I immediately thought "Blue Crab" or "Blues Crab" (great source of living around these here parts). Or even "Rock and Roll Crab" (possibly a combo with Armadillo) and even Metal Crab or Heavy Metal Crab, potentially factoring in a pairing with the Lil' Labor Golem.

Any of these are sure to be possibilities, what with the crazy and creative minds at KI. But I still say, that given the Punk Fish and Rock Crab are now here....there just has to be a Punk Rock hybrid-- less of, it's for certain and more of a selfish wish and hope of mine, that'll fit right in with my goofy side.

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
little rylee higgens discovered flamango, and dead eye james discovered sundango
first is pink marshdillo and fandango second is yellow dillo and fandango
congrats to both :) have a screenshot of the second proud owner

Petty Officer
Nov 05, 2011
I think I've figured it out

It's a Wild Goose - because it hasn't been added to the drop tables yet :D

*back to the tent to try a few more times*

~Clumsy Calamity

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Calamity PixieShad... on Feb 16, 2015 wrote:
I think I've figured it out

It's a Wild Goose - because it hasn't been added to the drop tables yet :D

*back to the tent to try a few more times*

~Clumsy Calamity
Well it won't be the first time Decius has had us on a wild goose chase.

Bosun
Apr 09, 2014
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Feb 14, 2015 wrote:
Hey there Davy! Yeah, you are so very right about saying that Rockin' Crab may have and probably does have other realistic and potential combos. I was just being a bit goofy and the "just HAS to" part was more a wish and a hope, on my end. I think it would be quite funny to have a Punk Rock Crab, and since we have the Punk (Punk Fish) and the Rock (Rock Crab), in good humor, it seemed fitting to get Punk Rock from it.

When that clue was originally posted, I immediately thought "Blue Crab" or "Blues Crab" (great source of living around these here parts). Or even "Rock and Roll Crab" (possibly a combo with Armadillo) and even Metal Crab or Heavy Metal Crab, potentially factoring in a pairing with the Lil' Labor Golem.

Any of these are sure to be possibilities, what with the crazy and creative minds at KI. But I still say, that given the Punk Fish and Rock Crab are now here....there just has to be a Punk Rock hybrid-- less of, it's for certain and more of a selfish wish and hope of mine, that'll fit right in with my goofy side.
Oh I wish I would have thought of the METAL crab first, but then again, those clock work makers are kind of stingy when it comes to pets.

One of your other ideas is right on the money so to speak.

Good luck Morphers!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Decius Duelmaster on Feb 17, 2015 wrote:
Oh I wish I would have thought of the METAL crab first, but then again, those clock work makers are kind of stingy when it comes to pets.

One of your other ideas is right on the money so to speak.

Good luck Morphers!
Valkoor ya gotta stop being quite so verbose in your guesses. Decius finally tells us you got one right but we have a whole basket full of guesses to pick from. I guess a basket guess is better than an arena wide one

Thanks for the encouragement Decius

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Feb 17, 2015 wrote:
Valkoor ya gotta stop being quite so verbose in your guesses. Decius finally tells us you got one right but we have a whole basket full of guesses to pick from. I guess a basket guess is better than an arena wide one

Thanks for the encouragement Decius
Yeah Chrissy, me and my big ol' mouth!

That's the first thing I thought of when I read Decius' post....."why did/do I have to make so many stinkin' guesses"?!?! And of course, he, being the funny and "danglin' a string just out of a cat's reach type of bird" and all, could be referring to any one of my morphzillion guesses out there. But I am hoping that since it is a recent post of his, and I that I haven't guessed in a while before my latest offerings...just maybe his hint comes from one of my recent spoutings.

So, Decius would you be so kind to copy and paste my correct guess, post it to your own post using alternating purple and red text, highlight it, put a circle around it, encode it with GPS tracking linked directly to my phone, add arrows pointing right at it, insert a pirate holding an "AWOOOOGA" sign, with an "X" marks the spot directly under it, and maybe throw in a few fireworks (of your liking) exploding around it-- just do that for me and I'll be able to handle the rest. Thanks a bunch!

Ok...............ok.................I'll get some gold and hit the tent.

Thank you for the post, Decius, and for providing me a glimmer of sunshiny hope that all of my goofy guesses aren't all in vain...well at least one of them, that is.

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
for Decius ... at one point you mentioned you had doubled the amount of pets that you had uploaded into the game... pirate central lists 121 first generation pets, plus another 29 known hybrids.... so would it be correct to say over 300 total pets out there and over half of which not yet discovered? and if so, of these unknown pets what would be the percentage of unknown new original eggs that could be dropped or wrangled? or are all the new additions hybrids we have yet to find? the new rock crab by the way its really extra cool :) I have thousands of other questions ideas etc but will not impose too much at this time ty for listening

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Feb 17, 2015 wrote:
Yeah Chrissy, me and my big ol' mouth!

That's the first thing I thought of when I read Decius' post....."why did/do I have to make so many stinkin' guesses"?!?! And of course, he, being the funny and "danglin' a string just out of a cat's reach type of bird" and all, could be referring to any one of my morphzillion guesses out there. But I am hoping that since it is a recent post of his, and I that I haven't guessed in a while before my latest offerings...just maybe his hint comes from one of my recent spoutings.

So, Decius would you be so kind to copy and paste my correct guess, post it to your own post using alternating purple and red text, highlight it, put a circle around it, encode it with GPS tracking linked directly to my phone, add arrows pointing right at it, insert a pirate holding an "AWOOOOGA" sign, with an "X" marks the spot directly under it, and maybe throw in a few fireworks (of your liking) exploding around it-- just do that for me and I'll be able to handle the rest. Thanks a bunch!

Ok...............ok.................I'll get some gold and hit the tent.

Thank you for the post, Decius, and for providing me a glimmer of sunshiny hope that all of my goofy guesses aren't all in vain...well at least one of them, that is.
OH now that's funny. I could not stop laughing. Goofiness at it's finest.

Petty Officer
Nov 05, 2011
Decius Duelmaster on Feb 12, 2015 wrote:

For the longest time I have tried to figure out why you would send us back to this clue after mentioning a pink crawls and a multicolored skitters.

Then last night after have tried Dinolizard, blue ostrich, ice scarabs, and ice lizards to death. I went back to my house and who should jump at me but my poor forgotten blue chocolope. A light suddenly turned on in my head and then I realized there is also a pink chocolope. You excluded the pink armadillo... It should have dawned on me to try the other Easter set. Although I'd say the chocolopes hop not crawl but maybe I'm wrong on their choice of gait.

I wonder...

Last night 10 failed attempts at chocolope x coconut crawlie. What will tonight's hatches yield? I can only wonder.

~Clumsy Calamity

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
i may be wrong, most likely am...but i believe decius hints have lead up to 2 different skitters + crawls combos, one is tiny bit of red skitters + purple crawler, notice it was bold.
second one was specifically very pink crawler + a multicolored pincher , and was mentioned to that clue that pink marshdillo had its own thing(led up to finding of the flamango) and also that bunnies hop not crawl...

plus in my mind "blues crab" is a third...was an oldtimer band named the inky blues i believe so that is my preferred blue element to the third combo atm...not to be confused with the newly released rock crab, because hint was definately prerelease...

rock crab will have its own hybrid combo as well so dont stop morphing and sharing these awesome pets..especially to those who need them and cannot afford them....

i know i missing the other classic hints and which goes to which, so any researched clarification etc help is awesome.....

also when is the first pet morphing anonymous meeting really need to attend soon....

Lieutenant
Jun 20, 2013
I haven't got enough money to morph, and my time is getting more limeted,and i have a few pets only. lol!!!

Ensign
Sep 19, 2009
My friend found the crab hybrid! Practical Kai Keeler discovered the hybrid The Blues Crab. The parents are Blue Ostrich and Rock Crab! Good luck everyone!

Irina Everret

Ensign
Dec 19, 2012
Bosun
Apr 09, 2014
CleverBriannaEverr... on Mar 24, 2015 wrote:
We need more hybrids!!! XD
I agree, but am a bit sad that there is a whole web of combinations that no one has found yet.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Decius Duelmaster on Mar 24, 2015 wrote:
I agree, but am a bit sad that there is a whole web of combinations that no one has found yet.
Well, we're all doing our best to find more hybrids, Decius, & it's still not easy finding more out there. We'll still unveil more, even if it takes us long to do it.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Perhaps having some mercy on us hardworking morphers and tweaking your low odds system down a bit? (Or is it up? Whichever helps us lol)

Petty Officer
Mar 04, 2012
Is there one in particular that you're sitting on the edge of your seat for us to find? If so a hint would be nice.

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
decius we love you...please dont be sad....I agree many of us are spending more time trying to find missed pet drops...mooing for gear...and even helping out lower level friends, than true hybrid hunting...but there are quite a few of us that continue to brainstorm....

we know how hard you work to please us...and we are never satisfied with hints you give it seems...theme hints help i think.....many of us imagine rare feline hybrids...stormy pets with lightning rippling over there body...funny pets....and colorful pets... however using max gold twice over putting same 2 pets together leads us to feel downhearted...no checklist on what we've tried....no checkpoint at which we know we should try again..no hint as to how many undiscovered first gen pets are left hidden to find...nor how many total possible hybrids we are missing...too many ideas to try...but we do try...and will continue....

puppet shows, mural hints, pet vs pet sparring, and awesome combos we spin up....speaking of fruit spider was adorable...make try that one soon, though i still want my paper lion, jungle cat and thunder hawk.....lol XD see?

cheer up decius we all love ya
i still like the idea of a mangotango(orangish fandango)

stormy jen