For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Pirate101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

Pets?

2
AuthorMessage
Ensign
Sep 25, 2014
4
anecorbie on May 27, 2021 wrote:
I don't understand how anyone can say that Pirate pet training is bad, our pet training system is a 1000x better than wiz - it's easier and more convenient than what wiz has.

1. We don't have to do repetitive, mind numbing games for just a tiny amount of experience.
2. We can train while questing or doing another activity, we don't even have to be on-line to train.

The only thing wiz has that I would like to see here is a pet hatching kiosk.
You probably haven't noticed but it takes weeks to max pets in pirate only for it to fail while in wiz u can find out in 5 minutes. Nobody wants to wait that long. So your point of training while questing isn't relevant because you only devote a couple minutes to that in wiz considering you can even skip games in wiz whilst in pirate you cannot without paying crowns. Wiz's system is clearly superior. We can't even take full advantage of double pet xp because each activity takes 5+ hours to complete as your pet levels and the only way to speed that up is to pay crowns. Do you know how many pets a person can complete in that same 5+ hours. Shortening the timers will definitely help with the problem.

Lieutenant
Mar 28, 2009
142
GreatAdventurer254 on May 28, 2021 wrote:
You probably haven't noticed but it takes weeks to max pets in pirate only for it to fail while in wiz u can find out in 5 minutes. Nobody wants to wait that long. So your point of training while questing isn't relevant because you only devote a couple minutes to that in wiz considering you can even skip games in wiz whilst in pirate you cannot without paying crowns. Wiz's system is clearly superior. We can't even take full advantage of double pet xp because each activity takes 5+ hours to complete as your pet levels and the only way to speed that up is to pay crowns. Do you know how many pets a person can complete in that same 5+ hours. Shortening the timers will definitely help with the problem.
Comparing Wizard101 pet training to Pirate101 pet training is like comparing a Wizard battle to a Pirate battle -- They Are Not DESIGNED the Same for a Reason! Wizards focus on themselves with their gear and one pet, and they stand in one place and cast spells -- Pirates lead a crew into battles that can be completely different based on the terrain of the battleboard, choosing to rush forward or hang back and let the enemy come to us.

Pirate Captains are multi-taskers. Pirate101 is a great training system for NOT focusing on one particular pet at a time. If you are only training ONE and waiting for it to fail, well -- you're not doing it right. Every pet you are carrying in your pack can be training, and can return with pet gear for higher level activities (or to sell for Gold), so use up all of your energy when you log on and keep them all busy.

Just like our Companions are a large team of helpers to take advantage of, so are all the free pets we can get just by playing. Don't get hung up on getting one to be perfect in a week, use the system as it exists to not only create a favorite pet, but to benefit your pirate in other ways along your journey.


Admiral
May 30, 2010
1220
anecorbie on May 27, 2021 wrote:
I don't understand how anyone can say that Pirate pet training is bad, our pet training system is a 1000x better than wiz - it's easier and more convenient than what wiz has.

1. We don't have to do repetitive, mind numbing games for just a tiny amount of experience.
2. We can train while questing or doing another activity, we don't even have to be on-line to train.

The only thing wiz has that I would like to see here is a pet hatching kiosk.
You forgot the whole not having to take time out of adventuring to bore yourself blind with silly games to train your pet. I seem to recall that your pet can join your battle while he's training, but it's been a long time since I played pirate.

Maybe, if they're really going to start little updates, I will come back.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
10538
Fiorenza Rosanante... on Jun 7, 2021 wrote:
You forgot the whole not having to take time out of adventuring to bore yourself blind with silly games to train your pet. I seem to recall that your pet can join your battle while he's training, but it's been a long time since I played pirate.

Maybe, if they're really going to start little updates, I will come back.
I thought I mentioned that (oh well...). Your pet can join you while training (if it's the one you have equipped).

Admiral
May 30, 2010
1220
anecorbie on Jun 9, 2021 wrote:
I thought I mentioned that (oh well...). Your pet can join you while training (if it's the one you have equipped).
You did, but it bears repeating. Especially the part about wasting adventuring time with time eating, brain rotting, painfully tedious to play games for 4 (count them, 4!) whole points + whatever snacks you throw at them.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
10538
Fiorenza Rosanante... on Jun 15, 2021 wrote:
You did, but it bears repeating. Especially the part about wasting adventuring time with time eating, brain rotting, painfully tedious to play games for 4 (count them, 4!) whole points + whatever snacks you throw at them.
Also, for the "skipping games" while training in Wiz; well, that's only for the one wizard of that account for that one pet - hardly a great advantage if you have more than one wizard or training more than one pet.

2