Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

[Guide] Monquista and Valencia's Lesser Companions -FB

AuthorMessage
Community Leader
Witty William Vaughn returns with some builds and analysis for Monquista and Valencia's underrated companions!
https://finalbastion.com/pirate101-guides/p101-companion-guides/monquista-and-valencias-lesser-companions/

Writer, Editor, Administrator, and Pirate PvP guy at FinalBastion

Check us out for all things Pirate101 and Wizard101 PvE/PvP

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
I can agree very strongly with your opinion on good friend Ridolfo. Matter of fact, I regularly use him due to how well he pairs with my Musketeer's boosts and offensive playstyle. Definitely worth using.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Matthew525011 on Sep 27, 2021 wrote:
Witty William Vaughn returns with some builds and analysis for Monquista and Valencia's underrated companions!
https://finalbastion.com/pirate101-guides/p101-companion-guides/monquista-and-valencias-lesser-companions/
I would like to point out that Ridolfo Capofero isn't a "ridiculous" name. He's named after an historic person, who wrote a treatise on how to fight with the rapier. So, this name is appropriate.
I would rate the Monquistitor higher, though; 3 stars at least. He performs well for my privateer.
Poor Crab Hermit, the Rodney Dangerfield of P101. "He don't get no respect".

Lieutenant
Mar 28, 2009
anecorbie on Oct 12, 2021 wrote:
I would like to point out that Ridolfo Capofero isn't a "ridiculous" name. He's named after an historic person, who wrote a treatise on how to fight with the rapier. So, this name is appropriate.
I would rate the Monquistitor higher, though; 3 stars at least. He performs well for my privateer.
Poor Crab Hermit, the Rodney Dangerfield of P101. "He don't get no respect".
I also find decent results from having the Crab Hermit appear on my teams.

It's my opinion that those who do not like these "lesser companions" are generally the players that only use them minimally (or not at all) rather than repeatedly, and therefore do not know what to expect from them in a randomized on-the-fly strategy. Holding them to the standard of "top tier" companions in every respect just goes to show that the mindset is for a particular playstyle strategy rather than being open to what's possible without endless chains of Epics.

No one expects the Monquistan Inquisition!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Halloween Chick on Oct 13, 2021 wrote:
I also find decent results from having the Crab Hermit appear on my teams.

It's my opinion that those who do not like these "lesser companions" are generally the players that only use them minimally (or not at all) rather than repeatedly, and therefore do not know what to expect from them in a randomized on-the-fly strategy. Holding them to the standard of "top tier" companions in every respect just goes to show that the mindset is for a particular playstyle strategy rather than being open to what's possible without endless chains of Epics.

No one expects the Monquistan Inquisition!

I always say: "What works for you, works for you." If you're happy, then no one has the right to tell you what to do or who you should use. Like those teams I'm meeting in team up, who insist that everyone use Old Scratch regardless of their class - and if you don't...