Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

I'm working on some theories surrounding Cool Ranch....

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Mar 18, 2022
Does anyone have any wild or fun theories surrounding Cool Ranch? Right now I'm working on "The Sheriff of Coopers Roost wants El Dorado For Himself". I'm sure the side quests have tons of content like this but I'm too busy working on the main quest line to see it yet.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
NobleOtter on May 17, 2022 wrote:
Does anyone have any wild or fun theories surrounding Cool Ranch? Right now I'm working on "The Sheriff of Coopers Roost wants El Dorado For Himself". I'm sure the side quests have tons of content like this but I'm too busy working on the main quest line to see it yet.
Side quests are where you gain a lot of benefits for your pirate -- nautical experience, companions, training tomes, etc. Don't skip them all!

Many players don't enjoy Cool Ranch, but as a fan of Westerns, I really enjoyed it. Keep an eye on the Sheriff. And watch out for La Llorona!

Petty Officer
Mar 08, 2017
i am quite curious as to how you came to that theory, but i do have some of my own, but they arent based in cool ranch for the most part

1. The original Bishop is going to return, but not be part of the armada anymore. last we saw of him he escaped what is his Magnum Opus being destroyed, and then notifying Rooke before being missing. I think he isnt in valencia, just from looking at Kane's personality. i doubt bishop would live, so most likely Bishop has left to another world, my personal guess is polaris, despite napoleguin having some... "issues" with the armada, Bishop may be able to convince him to be part of their army, he did come after the war, and having a person with inside knowledge is a great advantage, so he could have been part, of course he wouldnt go through valencia to get there, so what about marleybone?

2. moo manchu created the nightmare bosses. nightmare bosses arent "real" (except verminius and annie rackham because continuity error), but they have some strange properties, like enhanced gear, and in some cases, different forms, we were told moo manchu would return, anyone who has farmed tower has had the line "i'd say this is the last time we will see moo manchu, but for some reason, i doubt it." spoken to them after the fight, despite that, i do think moo manchu is gone, but not "dead", i feel the next fight will be against his legacy, his soul, his very persistence itself culminated into a being of pure malice and determination, no humanity can be seen. "Resonance, Level 95 Nefarious Legacy"

3. The Golden Sentries of El Dorado are some form of colossi. This is more speculation on their movements, and nothing important. I believe that if we fought one, they would have the animations of a colossi/Stupendor-X, the stormzilla fight has our players pilot a colossus, The Stupendor-X, and in that fight we have moves that carry signature animations, ones that parallel the Golden Sentries in Gazpaccio's El Dorado puppet show, those chest lasers arent too outlandish considering this. Plus the design of the sentries has the shape of the colossi, a somewhat small torso, with big flared legs and arms, the head could just be exaggerated.

I also had some other theories on a paper but most were debunked. examples include: Lemuria is El Dorado, Eye of the Liger is an Eye of Horus connected to making El Dorado move around, Sinbad is the ratbeard of arc 2 and will be a red herring villain. All of these were debunked.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
NobleOtter on May 17, 2022 wrote:
Cool Ranch is a nightmare dreamed by my pirate. Nothing that happened there ever existed. But how I got so many new recruits confuses me. Of course I remember Mustang Sally from Flotsam, but when she joined me, I have no idea!

Ensign
Nov 02, 2015
Personally, cool ranch is the best world. I really enjoyed the western theme and I remember watching westerns like gunfight at OK Corall with my dad. I loved the m7 and I really think they're underrated as companions. I don't know why, but I really loved Haunted skyway and Fort McMurtry, contrary to many. There are so many fun sidequests to enjoy based off of western movies and TV shows. I wouldn't just skip all of them.

Angus