Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Me and my friend are stuck at the Stingtails

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Feb 11, 2022
Not too long ago, I started playing Pirate 101 with my friend, this past month, we have gotten up to the Cool Ranch..recently, we've been doing all the tasks, and we've gotten to the Stingtails. It's been quite a while now, we tried to defeat them, just the two of us, but we are unsure what to do, as it's too hard. Neither of us feel like bothering with the sidequests, as they can get very tedious. We are unsure what the best solution for this problem is, she's tried to ask her friend tohelp, but she hasn't answered, neither do I think she can help us, as it seems to only allow two people in one battle for whatever reason. Upon research, we both seemed to find we weren't the only ones, weare both currently level 22, which is where it takes mainly. Hoping anyone sees this and can help, but I have some kind of doubt...thought I'd post here to ask for suggestions, so if anyone is willing to help us figure this out, it would be appreciated. I am a Swashbuckler, and she is a Buccaneer.

Lieutenant
Mar 18, 2022
Nanu Nanu22 on Jun 25, 2022 wrote:
Not too long ago, I started playing Pirate 101 with my friend, this past month, we have gotten up to the Cool Ranch..recently, we've been doing all the tasks, and we've gotten to the Stingtails. It's been quite a while now, we tried to defeat them, just the two of us, but we are unsure what to do, as it's too hard. Neither of us feel like bothering with the sidequests, as they can get very tedious. We are unsure what the best solution for this problem is, she's tried to ask her friend tohelp, but she hasn't answered, neither do I think she can help us, as it seems to only allow two people in one battle for whatever reason. Upon research, we both seemed to find we weren't the only ones, weare both currently level 22, which is where it takes mainly. Hoping anyone sees this and can help, but I have some kind of doubt...thought I'd post here to ask for suggestions, so if anyone is willing to help us figure this out, it would be appreciated. I am a Swashbuckler, and she is a Buccaneer.
Have you tried asking for help on the official Pirate101 discord? Discord.gg/pirate101 is the link!

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
If you have Gold to spare, you can buy Training Tomes from Taverns. They can level up your companions (though only up to your Level) to give you the extra push you need.

Alternatively, try using ranged Companions. Musketeers and Witchdoctors won't provoke the Stingtails' Epic Talents.

Ensign
Feb 11, 2022
Lookit Light on Jun 27, 2022 wrote:
If you have Gold to spare, you can buy Training Tomes from Taverns. They can level up your companions (though only up to your Level) to give you the extra push you need.

Alternatively, try using ranged Companions. Musketeers and Witchdoctors won't provoke the Stingtails' Epic Talents.
Ah, thank you for the help, but I just created this account a few days ago. We decided to try the team thing and passed it! Thanks for the help though. Very much appreciated. Lol

Ensign
Aug 23, 2016
Neither of us feel like bothering with the sidequests, as they can get very tedious.

Side quest are your friends. The XP garnered on side quests not only boosts your combat capabilities but it allows you to advance your companions and boost their capabilities as well.

As an example, every time I have gotten a Pirate to Cool Ranch (my favorite world) the Buffaloons are a pain in the posterior. By the time I get to the end of Cool Ranch those Buffaloons aren't a problem anymore. Coming back to a fight that gave me a problem the first time after I've had a chance to gain some XP, gain additional health, upgrade my gear and level up companions served me well until I hit the level cap towards the end of Marleybone.