Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Gracie Conrad and Catbeard

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Sep 17, 2018
I was wondering if gracie conrad and catbeard would companions you would use often, because gracie is kinda weak but her mine placement does quite a bit of damage and catbeard only offers his epic strike which is "OK"

Anything would be helpful
-thank you
P.S. This is for my swash if that changes anything

Admiral
May 30, 2010
I use both a fair bit when I'm out and about, regardless of which class of pirate I'm running. With my swashbucklers I just use the gallant defense, but they don't really need it.

Give them a fair shake -- they're both pretty good when the chips are down.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Bballer736 on Nov 4, 2018 wrote:
I was wondering if gracie conrad and catbeard would companions you would use often, because gracie is kinda weak but her mine placement does quite a bit of damage and catbeard only offers his epic strike which is "OK"

-thank you
Welcome to the Message Boards, Bballer736! Gracie Conrad has more going for her than just hitting She can be trained in Hold the Line ( very useful in keeping melee bucks or bucklers from attacking a weaker crew member.Her War Golem summons also has Hold the Line. I use her for such battles as the ninth floor in the Tower of Moo Manchu or even for the final battle in the Great Machine - she can stop Queen or any of the Marines dead in their tracks.
As a Privateer, she can also be trained in Witchhunter, so useful against those WD types!
I must admit that I don't care for Catbeard, but giving him Riposte seems a good idea and witchhunter is available to him as well.

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
Bballer736 on Nov 4, 2018 wrote:

-thank you
Ohh, nice mention. I post a thread on lesser used companions from time to time. I'll try to include Gracie or Catbeard in the next one!