Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Watch out for the sky gar

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Aug 09, 2014
For some reason the toughest enemies I've faced in MB have been the sky gar. You have to defeat and collect of their fins. It's pretty random and strange that they would be be the best enemies in MB. They are very good. I've made it through the first part with little difficulty but these darn sky gar really gave me problems. In the four battles it took me to get the fins. I had five different companions die. My companions are all level 54-56 and the sky gar are level 51. They have a lot of health 2600 i think. They also have a deadly combo. They block a ton so it's difficult to do damage and when you do damage it comes with a price. They have vengeance strike and it gets triggered a lot. They often critical their vengeance strike and sometimes even critical the according blade storm. So your companion can hit once and lose half their health before the sky gar even attack. I came close to dying a couple times actually having to heal myself back to life with a companion. Also in almost all of my fights of the companions that survived one was usually left with less than 300 health barely surviving. I don't know why they were made so good but they are.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
juwanaman9 on Feb 21, 2017 wrote:
For some reason the toughest enemies I've faced in MB have been the sky gar. You have to defeat and collect of their fins. It's pretty random and strange that they would be be the best enemies in MB. They are very good. I've made it through the first part with little difficulty but these darn sky gar really gave me problems. In the four battles it took me to get the fins. I had five different companions die. My companions are all level 54-56 and the sky gar are level 51. They have a lot of health 2600 i think. They also have a deadly combo. They block a ton so it's difficult to do damage and when you do damage it comes with a price. They have vengeance strike and it gets triggered a lot. They often critical their vengeance strike and sometimes even critical the according blade storm. So your companion can hit once and lose half their health before the sky gar even attack. I came close to dying a couple times actually having to heal myself back to life with a companion. Also in almost all of my fights of the companions that survived one was usually left with less than 300 health barely surviving. I don't know why they were made so good but they are.
Just wait until you meet the Stiletto Fish in Calabria Skyway, Valencia!

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
I love a good Sky Gar fight. These fish are fighters! I have found companions that have a lot of dodge helpful and musketeers also are good against them.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Lieutenant
Mar 23, 2012
This is why I recommend that everyone does all the side quests as they happen upon them. My witchdoctor is level 54 and she just met Friar Sands. My the time I actually hit the Sky Gar, I'll be lightly brushing them off my shoulders with a quiet chuckle.

Petty Officer
Jul 22, 2014
King Crimson on Feb 22, 2017 wrote:
This is why I recommend that everyone does all the side quests as they happen upon them. My witchdoctor is level 54 and she just met Friar Sands. My the time I actually hit the Sky Gar, I'll be lightly brushing them off my shoulders with a quiet chuckle.
Same. I started Marleybone while I was level 59, and then I went to Aquila at level 63 or 64 and saw other people just starting Aquila who were only level 55.

Lieutenant
Dec 30, 2012
King Crimson on Feb 22, 2017 wrote:
Well I wasn't nearly as high-leveled as you at the time I had to face these murderous beasts of the sky but I think I was at least level 58 or around that, and considering the fact that these fish were level 51 or so, I too expected to "brush them off my shoulders" but was shocked when I lost several companions to these monsters. Just saying that for a bunch of fish these sky beasts are pretty tough!