Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

What is a Witchdoctor?

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Witchdoctors are masters of the arcane, using the powers of hoodoo to rig the outcome of combat. While weak in a direct fight, Witchdoctors never fight fair - hexes that weaken foes, blasts of fire that strike at range, and summoned spirit allies all turn the odds in a Witchdoctor's favor.

If you are a Witchdoctor, look for ways to boost your WILL

Ensign
Jul 06, 2008
Ah, witchdoctors. Even if they are a "witch" I find it enjoyable myself, even though I am a boy. Great class!

Ensign
Jul 19, 2010
i love the witchdoctors! by far my favorite. I love the spells they cast. cant wait to level mine up :)

Bosun
Sep 08, 2008
scurvy scarlet on Oct 16, 2012 wrote:
i love the witchdoctors! by far my favorite. I love the spells they cast. cant wait to level mine up :)
I first started with a Witchdoctor.

I love the immense number of spells they get, and they can even summon companions for the battle!

I was lucky enough to get to play with one of the KI's staff, who happened to be a very advanced Witchdoctor. I got downright jealous. (Because I chose to try the Swashbuckler, which I loved just as much.)

As it currently stands, I believe I will make and play a Swashbuckler, instead of a Witchdoctor. Another main reason for me having made a Swashbuckler to begin with was because I was unable to redeem my companion training points on my Witchdoctor, and was simply unhappy with the way I had spent them.

Ensign
Oct 08, 2012
I Have Lvl 14 Witch Doctor I Like the Spells But i was a SwashBuckler on Beta

So i Made 1 Managed it to Lvl 5

Arrrrr u Sailing the Seven Seas?

- Clever Ellie

Ensign
Jul 30, 2012
It's fun being a witchdoctor It is fun having cool new spells in being a witchdoctor. I really think that my spells are pretty powerful indeed. My favorite thing about witchdoctors is that I have a pet that's a ghost . In 1-10 i would choose 10,000 Go Witchdoctors

Ensign
May 01, 2011
When I saw the witch doctor class I thought, "This is Pirate101's death class!" and since I was a death wizard in Wizard101 I had to be a witch doctor for sure and well I become one :)

Captain
May 02, 2009
Madame Vadima on Mar 1, 2012 wrote:
Witchdoctors are masters of the arcane, using the powers of hoodoo to rig the outcome of combat. While weak in a direct fight, Witchdoctors never fight fair - hexes that weaken foes, blasts of fire that strike at range, and summoned spirit allies all turn the odds in a Witchdoctor's favor.

I enjoy being a witchdoctor, so he is currently a lvl 25 but I like the Buccaneers the best.

Ensign
Oct 15, 2012
I love being a witchdoctor! Even though we can be weak, We are the best! :D Witchdoctors unite!

Ensign
Jun 08, 2010
i love being a witchdocter . wichdocter is by far my favorite class. why it is my favorite is i love magic. i also like how many awesome spells there are.

Ensign
Mar 17, 2011
a witchdoctor is a person who can can troll the dark arts and good arts but most lee dark

Ensign
Feb 18, 2010
Madame Vadima on Mar 1, 2012 wrote:

GO WITCHDOCTORS! On a scale from 1-10 I think Witchdoctors are 9 and a half! Go Witchdoctors!

Community Leader
cam1109 on Jan 3, 2013 wrote:
GO WITCHDOCTORS! On a scale from 1-10 I think Witchdoctors are 9 and a half! Go Witchdoctors!
Witchdoctor's abilities are all boosted by Will and since the further you get in the game, the more you will use abilities, the more important this stat becomes. However, don't forget to get some dodge, resist and accuracy, just in case you have to mix it up. That being said, my WD is lvl 26 and I rarely cast anything that isn't an ability and therefore boosted with Will.

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Ensign
Feb 18, 2010
Talkin The Plank on Jan 4, 2013 wrote:
Witchdoctor's abilities are all boosted by Will and since the further you get in the game, the more you will use abilities, the more important this stat becomes. However, don't forget to get some dodge, resist and accuracy, just in case you have to mix it up. That being said, my WD is lvl 26 and I rarely cast anything that isn't an ability and therefore boosted with Will.
Alright I get what your saying.

Petty Officer
Sep 23, 2012
cam1109 on Jan 4, 2013 wrote:
Alright I get what your saying.
witchdoctors scare me when im in pvp even when their just level 6

level 49 swashbuckler sharpwilliambrave

Ensign
Apr 03, 2010
what are suggested use of practice points...I can't decide between a heal or light armor

Ensign
Jul 18, 2012
Trickai on Jan 16, 2013 wrote:
what are suggested use of practice points...I can't decide between a heal or light armor
Train in Privateer, get these skills..
•Light Armor(absolutely necessary since Witchdoctors have 0 Armor and most light armor gives you health boost and WILL boost.)
•Rouse(get this no matter what. Heals strengthened by WILL and Spooky.)
•Slashy Weapons Rank 1(a good weapon since it gets a boost from agility)
•Gunnery(3x3 square infinite range minor barrage, gets boost from WILL and Spooky. Very useful later in game)
•Valor's Shield(Shields you from melee damage... useful.)
•Calm the Troops(necessary for Witchdoctors, gives a 50% WILL boost to you and nearby allies.)
•Refresh(Optional since it's a minor group heal)

Petty Officer
Sep 23, 2012
Trickai on Jan 16, 2013 wrote:
choose heal it's way more useful

Ensign
Apr 03, 2010
truesaviorofthespi... on Jan 17, 2013 wrote:
choose heal it's way more useful
that's what I was going to do...and it will be my second out of class skill for sure...but I had received 4 different items as loot that needed the light armor, all better than what I could get before, so I went with the armor as first pick

thanks to all who replied, especially the list of the really useful skills, that is very very helpful. I appreciate all the help and info/suggestions, makes it nice to be playing a game where people care enough to offer good advice

Ensign
Nov 05, 2012
A witchdoctor is a type of "wizard" that uses black magic. Because they use magic can mean attacking many enemies, like improved mojo blast from a water mole or bokor. you really need to use stragety to master black magic

written by: Stormy Wolf Gordon

Ensign
Apr 03, 2010
In character creation I can see that you want Krokotopia and Born Spooky as your choices, but is there a difference in how you lost your parents? I have heard that it makes a difference in something but never found out what.

Lieutenant
Dec 19, 2012
Trickai on Jan 23, 2013 wrote:
In character creation I can see that you want Krokotopia and Born Spooky as your choices, but is there a difference in how you lost your parents? I have heard that it makes a difference in something but never found out what.
The only difference in picking how you lost your parents is what companion you start with

Ensign
May 26, 2011
why ruin a good thing
I love being a witchdoctor, the only thing I cannot understand is why we have "the fizzle". You do not see guns misfiring or blowing up, you do not see swords breaking, why then do we have to have the fizzle.
I do not see why we have to be disadvantaged, it is not like they cannot block when they want to. Magic is our weapon and defense why take a stratagy game and turn it into pot luck.
Maybe, on the more advanced spells, but even the basic ones, give us a break.
If you don't want witchdoctors in the game then why make them a main character. I was really enjoying this before the fizzle, it isn't necessary and very frustrating. You might as well just put a sign saying we won't let you win this one so don't bother.

Rainemiester.

Lieutenant
Dec 19, 2012
Rainey015 on Mar 3, 2013 wrote:
why ruin a good thing
I love being a witchdoctor, the only thing I cannot understand is why we have "the fizzle". You do not see guns misfiring or blowing up, you do not see swords breaking, why then do we have to have the fizzle.
I do not see why we have to be disadvantaged, it is not like they cannot block when they want to. Magic is our weapon and defense why take a stratagy game and turn it into pot luck.
Maybe, on the more advanced spells, but even the basic ones, give us a break.
If you don't want witchdoctors in the game then why make them a main character. I was really enjoying this before the fizzle, it isn't necessary and very frustrating. You might as well just put a sign saying we won't let you win this one so don't bother.

Rainemiester.
i believe the "fizzle" just means you missed which as a witchdoctor means your normal attacks missed

cuz skills don't miss or atleast ive never had any of my skills miss.

Besides that how is the "fizzle" making witchdoctors have a disadvantage? Infact ive noticed a nice improvement to my damage output on skills since the update and ive not changed gear

Crual Dairus Blake(50)

Ensign
Nov 22, 2010
CaptainBlackBart on Jan 24, 2013 wrote:
The only difference in picking how you lost your parents is what companion you start with
No, sorry.

The choice of how you lost your parents determines which companion you will get in the Presidio quest.