Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Scrip Event Suggestion

AuthorMessage
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Ahoy, pirates!
Remember this past year and the two "Pillow Fight" events and then we had that Ranked PVP event? Well, why not make a "Scrip Bonanza" event?
It can be run just like the Pillow Fights, the one who gathers the most scrip from sinking ships wins. Smuggler's Cove well drop and Smuggler's Arena scrip would be excluded as well as any scrip in the players bank before the event begins.
So, what do you say pirates, are ye up to a 24 hour ship sinkin' & scrip gatherin' event? Let KI know what you think.
Post Edit: This would be a wonderful "excuse" to do the Pirate's Regatta naval gauntlet!

Admiral
May 30, 2010
That sounds like fun and will give everyone an additional reason to go out and sink those ships.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
That sounds like fun and will give everyone an additional reason to go out and sink those ships. I'd suggest maybe disqualifying the regatta as well; not everyone has access. The advantage of the pillow fight is it didn't matter where you were, pillows tended to be random drops for anyone. Scrip is also random, but we know it's easier to get farther away from Skull Island, which puts new players and FtP players at a bit of a disadvantage.

Perhaps there should be tiers for this event -- breaking winners down by the highest level skyway they have access to. It's hardly fair to compare the folks who can get to Cool Ranch to the folks who can get to Achea. Achea is more generous scrip-wise.

Not sure how you'd do the prizes if that were the case, though. Scale down the number of crowns?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Fiorenza Rosanante... on Jan 11, 2016 wrote:
That sounds like fun and will give everyone an additional reason to go out and sink those ships. I'd suggest maybe disqualifying the regatta as well; not everyone has access. The advantage of the pillow fight is it didn't matter where you were, pillows tended to be random drops for anyone. Scrip is also random, but we know it's easier to get farther away from Skull Island, which puts new players and FtP players at a bit of a disadvantage.

Perhaps there should be tiers for this event -- breaking winners down by the highest level skyway they have access to. It's hardly fair to compare the folks who can get to Cool Ranch to the folks who can get to Achea. Achea is more generous scrip-wise.

Not sure how you'd do the prizes if that were the case, though. Scale down the number of crowns?
As the Pirates Regatta is in a FtP area, anyone with the nautical experience can enter.
The Ranked PVP event was open to anyone with membership or with Crowns to spend for bouts ( as far as I recall, no one complained that this event was only open to members or crowns players ).
There are some SI boss ships that may drop scrip though, Mack the Shark and Jose Valdez.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
I would love to do this finally my ships prowess can be put to use in something close to PvP (I haven't spent any crowns on it) could this actually happen though?

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Sorry I forgot to add could it be possible if you could have your own 24 hours to do this because people not living in America like me would be at a disadvantage of it started at a bad time

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
witchdoctor daruis on Jan 11, 2016 wrote:
Sorry I forgot to add could it be possible if you could have your own 24 hours to do this because people not living in America like me would be at a disadvantage of it started at a bad time
That's up to KI, just saying that since this is an American company located in North America, then the times will probably reflect that, sorry.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Well, I've just spent 25 minutes trying to farm the 3 boss ships in SI skyway ( Dead Eye Deidre, Jose Valdez & Mack the Shark ) and the results were - discouraging. No scrip at all, I did get some nice ship equipment drops, though. I even hit a few Cutthroat, Waponi and Red Claw ships, with no luck. Either the drop rate for scrip is really, really low or they just don't have scrip.
Either way, this puts an end to a "Ship Sinking/Scrip Hunting" event.
Unless we just make it a Pirate's Regatta event.....

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
anecorbie on Jan 12, 2016 wrote:
Well, I've just spent 25 minutes trying to farm the 3 boss ships in SI skyway ( Dead Eye Deidre, Jose Valdez & Mack the Shark ) and the results were - discouraging. No scrip at all, I did get some nice ship equipment drops, though. I even hit a few Cutthroat, Waponi and Red Claw ships, with no luck. Either the drop rate for scrip is really, really low or they just don't have scrip.
I will run a test in Aquila and see how much scrip I can get in 15 minutes, I will attack the 2 boss ships and normal ships

Commodore
May 31, 2009
anecorbie on Jan 12, 2016 wrote:
As I have nothing better to do on my lower characters, I've spent days farming in Skull Island Skyway for nautical xp. I can say with full confidence that absolutely nobody there drops scrip.

Petty Officer
Sep 19, 2013
witchdoctor daruis on Jan 11, 2016 wrote:
A 24 hour interval is pretty fair, actually. Us Americans have to sleep and/or work too.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
MistyDragon13 on Jan 13, 2016 wrote:
As I have nothing better to do on my lower characters, I've spent days farming in Skull Island Skyway for nautical xp. I can say with full confidence that absolutely nobody there drops scrip.
Thank you, Misty. I was afraid of that.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
MistyDragon13 on Jan 13, 2016 wrote:
Not so. I've received scrip drops in Skull Island Skyway. Twice, maybe, since scrip was introduced. They drop very very rarely and precious little, but if you hold your mouth just right and the wind is exactly at the right speed from the right direction just as you sink a cutthroat, he'll pitch a couple of scrip at you.

It is not a place I would want to farm for scrip, though, unless I had absolutely nothing better to do for a very long time.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Robobot1747 on Jan 13, 2016 wrote:
A 24 hour interval is pretty fair, actually. Us Americans have to sleep and/or work too.
That's the average American, if we get the guy that eats at the computer stays up really late on games guy then that's where it gets unfair

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
witchdoctor daruis on Jan 15, 2016 wrote:
That's the average American, if we get the guy that eats at the computer stays up really late on games guy then that's where it gets unfair
He's also sleep deprived, lol. And he may get a poor performance review at work when he falls asleep on the job.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
anecorbie on Jan 15, 2016 wrote:
He's also sleep deprived, lol. And he may get a poor performance review at work when he falls asleep on the job.
All for a competition on scrip

So I ran my test in Aquila, ships occasionally dropped scrip around 1-3 scrip was dropped on said occasion I found that the boss ships hardly changed the amount of scrip dropped so I don't think this event could work unless the scrip dropped was increased

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Maybe, instead of a scrip contest, it can be just a ship sinking contest - the one who has sunk the most ships in a 24 hour period wins? This would be open to all levels and membership or non-membership players.