Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Where in the Spiral?

AuthorMessage
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Welcome, my friends, come in and leave the heat of summer behind! I have some refreshing iced tea and pecan pie for you, would you like it a la mode or plain? Sit down and enjoy!

The reason I've asked you here is simple, where in the Spiral would you like to go? This is not about where we are going next, goodness knows we have enough speculative posts about that! But if you were able to go, where would you go and why? What do you think the place would be like and what would you do? I think it may kill some boredom to let our minds wander for a bit.

I would like to go to Darkmoor, I think it has a sinister, Halloween sound to it. Abounding in witches, lagoonies and werewolves, vampires too. It would be dark and swampy. There will be moonlight and fog rolling past oaks with Spanish moss waving in the night air. I would find a haunted mansion, one of those old southern plantation style homes, and play ghost-buster.

So, my friends, a toast: "Down with the Armada, confusion to Kane, Glory and gold for everyone!"

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
anecorbie on Jul 28, 2014 wrote:
Welcome, my friends, come in and leave the heat of summer behind! I have some refreshing iced tea and pecan pie for you, would you like it a la mode or plain? Sit down and enjoy!

The reason I've asked you here is simple, where in the Spiral would you like to go? This is not about where we are going next, goodness knows we have enough speculative posts about that! But if you were able to go, where would you go and why? What do you think the place would be like and what would you do? I think it may kill some boredom to let our minds wander for a bit.

I would like to go to Darkmoor, I think it has a sinister, Halloween sound to it. Abounding in witches, lagoonies and werewolves, vampires too. It would be dark and swampy. There will be moonlight and fog rolling past oaks with Spanish moss waving in the night air. I would find a haunted mansion, one of those old southern plantation style homes, and play ghost-buster.

So, my friends, a toast: "Down with the Armada, confusion to Kane, Glory and gold for everyone!"
I want to go to old Dragonspyre. It that short quest in Wizard when we got to go back in time, before the lava, it was breathtakingly beautiful. All the greenery and waterfalls. I would love to wander around and see everything that lovely. And seeing the drake babies and to fly a dragonback around such beauty? Sigh, that would be SO awesome.

Petty Officer
Aug 11, 2013
Wasn't Rajah mentioned as a possible world or side world of the spiral? If I'm not mistaken, and this is true, then I would absolutely love to visit Rajah. It sounds like it would be inspired by India or Southeast Asia (Thailand, Malaysia). These are places I hope to travel to in real life, so it would be awesome to see what the spiral equivalent is like. I'm imagining thriving rain forests, ancient ruins, and a colorful local culture. Also, since the character that introduces Rajah is a tiger, there would most definitely be tigers there! Squee! They have been my absolute favorite animal ever since I was given the chance to work with them.

~Gibbsie

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
The Gibbs on Jul 29, 2014 wrote:
Wasn't Rajah mentioned as a possible world or side world of the spiral? If I'm not mistaken, and this is true, then I would absolutely love to visit Rajah. It sounds like it would be inspired by India or Southeast Asia (Thailand, Malaysia). These are places I hope to travel to in real life, so it would be awesome to see what the spiral equivalent is like. I'm imagining thriving rain forests, ancient ruins, and a colorful local culture. Also, since the character that introduces Rajah is a tiger, there would most definitely be tigers there! Squee! They have been my absolute favorite animal ever since I was given the chance to work with them.

~Gibbsie
Wow! You work with tigers? That sounds grrreat! ( sorry, I can't help myself ) In a zoo or as conservation?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009

~Gibbsie
You got to work with TIGERS? Details Please

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
In Wizard, there are a few passing references to Mirage, which seems to be an Arabian Nights type world. I always loved the old Sinbad movies as a kid, and I would love to visit Mirage, as a Pirate or as a Wizard (or both!).

-Indigo

Bosun
Nov 03, 2012
Out of all the wonderful worlds KI has made I would choose Grizzleheim. I love all the amazing views, the rushing rivers and the dense forests.

Petty Officer
Aug 11, 2013
How do I begin? Have you guys ever been to the Busch Garden's in Tampa? They host resident camps during the summer that I have been attending since fifth grade. Once you start high school, you are eligible to enroll in the 'zoo' camps they offer. The programs for the younger kids still involve behind-the-scenes trips and animal experiences, but the zoo campers get to work in the actual zoo areas. My first year as a Zookeeping 101 camper I got to work in some really cool areas, but many of the class 1 (bigger, more dangerous) animals were off limits to us. When I came back this year, the options for zoo areas was expanded to include many of the class 1 animals. I had asked for tigers, but that didn't necessarily mean I would get it. I had my fingers crossed as they assigned our areas for the week. When the schedule popped up I saw my name next to 'tigers' and almost fell out of my chair.

That week was hard work, but also really rewarding. We do lots, and I mean LOTS, of cleaning. This isn't so bad, but tiger poop is probably the most disgusting thing I've ever handled. Gross! However, we also get to participate in training and enrichment exercises. My friend and I were fortunate enough to "play soccer" with the Malayan tiger cubs. We would pass the ball between us, which wasn't easy in our rubber work boots, and the cubs would follow the ball. The best thing, though, was when I came in one morning and the tigers chuffed at me. For all of you who don't know, big cats can't purr. Chuffing is the alternative; its the equivalent of a friendly greeting. I was so excited to know that they recognized me as a friend and I chuffed right back.

Busch Garden's Resident Camps are a blast; I highly recommend them for animal lovers. They have all sorts of creatures large and small, whatever tickles your fancy. It's a great way to learn about all of the exciting animal and conservation careers out there.

~Gibbsie

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Indigo Ring on Jul 29, 2014 wrote:
In Wizard, there are a few passing references to Mirage, which seems to be an Arabian Nights type world. I always loved the old Sinbad movies as a kid, and I would love to visit Mirage, as a Pirate or as a Wizard (or both!).

-Indigo
Maybe Mirage is a part of Krokotopia that hasn't been visited yet. I would love to visit it, too. I remember Nalia Dunestrider. It would be nice to have a companion like her!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
How do I begin? Have you guys ever been to the Busch Garden's in Tampa? They host resident camps during the summer that I have been attending since fifth grade. Once you start high school, you are eligible to enroll in the 'zoo' camps they offer. The programs for the younger kids still involve behind-the-scenes trips and animal experiences, but the zoo campers get to work in the actual zoo areas. My first year as a Zookeeping 101 camper I got to work in some really cool areas, but many of the class 1 (bigger, more dangerous) animals were off limits to us. When I came back this year, the options for zoo areas was expanded to include many of the class 1 animals. I had asked for tigers, but that didn't necessarily mean I would get it. I had my fingers crossed as they assigned our areas for the week. When the schedule popped up I saw my name next to 'tigers' and almost fell out of my chair.

That week was hard work, but also really rewarding. We do lots, and I mean LOTS, of cleaning. This isn't so bad, but tiger poop is probably the most disgusting thing I've ever handled. Gross! However, we also get to participate in training and enrichment exercises. My friend and I were fortunate enough to "play soccer" with the Malayan tiger cubs. We would pass the ball between us, which wasn't easy in our rubber work boots, and the cubs would follow the ball. The best thing, though, was when I came in one morning and the tigers chuffed at me. For all of you who don't know, big cats can't purr. Chuffing is the alternative; its the equivalent of a friendly greeting. I was so excited to know that they recognized me as a friend and I chuffed right back.

Busch Garden's Resident Camps are a blast; I highly recommend them for animal lovers. They have all sorts of creatures large and small, whatever tickles your fancy. It's a great way to learn about all of the exciting animal and conservation careers out there.

~Gibbsie
What an amazing experience! Yes, I've been to Busch Gardens, when I was younger, a wonderful place for families to visit!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009

~Gibbsie
How wonderful Thank you for sharing such a great experience. I knew about chuffing and indeed it is a great honor to be chuffed at. Well done.

Commodore
May 31, 2009
Hmm, if I would visit a world in the Spiral, it would be either Grizzleheim or Dragonspyre. I love both of those worlds in Wizard101. A Pirate101 world that I'd want to visit is, obviously, Skull Island.

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
personally i'd love to go to grizzlehiem and hone my pirates skills with the powerful bears

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
anecorbie on Jul 28, 2014 wrote:

and i couldnt help but notice you said confusion to kane and down with the armada, i must inform you that the armada shall conquer all, you have gotten lucky so far with rooke, bishop, and deacon, but our lord and savior kane shall not make the mistake of underestimating you
-Robert, the voice of the Armada

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
There so many worlds in the spiral to chose from, if I have to narrow it down to one i would say.....
drum roll please.

Aquila for it's legendary beauty and calming environment, when not in a duel of course lol. Love that classical greek theme and soaking up the warm bright sun.This is one world I would like to visit,like it's real counter part Greece.

Gunner's Mate
Nov 01, 2012
Polaris I would absolutely love to go there on of the reasons is because I love any thing with snow but anyways I would love to go there also because just because a winter world with winter creatures intrigues me with polar bears, walruses, penguins, and other winter styled animals. Also just another idea would be if Napoleon were there and a little idea I came up with as our situation which would be that Napoleon has taken back his throne as emperor of Polaris once again and he again wants to have his revenge an completely eliminate Marleybone for taking him as a prisoner for years and he realizes his once competitor (Valencia) now shares a common enemy (Marleybone) so with the armada already at a big loss with losing so much already (deacon, rooke, beachhead, and now are losing the war with Marleybone) Kane decides to john forces with Napoleon since he was able to annihilate monquista and Marleybone before but now with the help of the only force (the armada) that was able to stop him they are pretty much unstoppable. So now we need to put a hault on our map chase because this situation is incredibly serious and Avery decides the only way to stop Napoleon and Kane from taking full control then SI, MB, MQ, MS, CR, and AQ must unite all together to stop the enemy which will make us have to visit different part of the worlds we have already visited to gather the leaders of each world (Avery, queen of MB, Gortez, MS emperor, a newly selected leader of CR, and the leader of Aquila) which will take some convincing and favors especially with conflict between worlds like MQ and MB but eventually all worlds ally together and while they take on the battle field and ship battles we the pirate and companions must travel to Polaris and take down Napoleon from the inside and put Polaris under new permanent leadership under a good leader looking for peace. Wow that took long but that's just an idea of how we get to Polaris and the final battle with Kane I think that would be cool

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
zuto4011a on Jul 30, 2014 wrote:
and i couldnt help but notice you said confusion to kane and down with the armada, i must inform you that the armada shall conquer all, you have gotten lucky so far with rooke, bishop, and deacon, but our lord and savior kane shall not make the mistake of underestimating you
-Robert, the voice of the Armada
I shall dance on their rusty, oil-soaked parts! Kane's mask shall grace my hall, I do so swear it!