Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Earning Rank, Changing Profile, Viewing Profile

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Sep 01, 2008
I would like to know where I Could view or edit my profile and how I Can earn certain ranks because I have seen people who have a rank differing from others. Thanks :)

Lieutenant
Sep 21, 2014
Hello AgentSmoosh!

Ranks, define you on the message boards on how high up you are in our message board community.
When you first start out, you are an ensign
Once you reach 50 posts, you rank up to Petty Officer, 50 more posts you rank up to Lieutenant.
And it is just this repeating but then as you gain posts it starts to be every 100 and 500 posts you rank up
The highest rank right now is Pirate Overlord and the person who has the most posts is Chrissy Th' Blesser
(5897 posts).
There is no way to change your profile but you can change the emblem
right above your name and rank, you will see a picture, for you it is a chat bubble.
If you click on this picture, it gives you a whole selection of unique emblems to choose from.

If you want to view your profile or any other pirates profile simply click the search icon with the magnifying glass right to the bottom right of the big green Play! Button for Pirate101. Once you are there, you will be given different tabs to submit which article or Pirate you would like to search up.
If you search up a Pirate, it will bring up any and every post that they have ever submitted onto these message boards.

Hope this Helps!
-Unfair Angel

Petty Officer
Jul 22, 2014
Me too! I hate it when other players have a badge that looks really cool and I am level 65 so I don't know how I didn't get it! But I figured out that most of those badges are restricted to a certain class like Spellbinder and Corsair.

I'm definitely one of those people who hate it when two people next to me are sharing an inside joke and I have no idea what they're talking about.

Lieutenant
Sep 21, 2014
furborn74 on Dec 25, 2015 wrote:
Me too! I hate it when other players have a badge that looks really cool and I am level 65 so I don't know how I didn't get it! But I figured out that most of those badges are restricted to a certain class like Spellbinder and Corsair.

I'm definitely one of those people who hate it when two people next to me are sharing an inside joke and I have no idea what they're talking about.
He was talking about messageboards rank :)

First Mate
Dec 24, 2009
Unfair Angel on Dec 25, 2015 wrote:
Hello AgentSmoosh!

Ranks, define you on the message boards on how high up you are in our message board community.
When you first start out, you are an ensign
Once you reach 50 posts, you rank up to Petty Officer, 50 more posts you rank up to Lieutenant.
And it is just this repeating but then as you gain posts it starts to be every 100 and 500 posts you rank up
The highest rank right now is Pirate Overlord and the person who has the most posts is Chrissy Th' Blesser
(5897 posts).
There is no way to change your profile but you can change the emblem
right above your name and rank, you will see a picture, for you it is a chat bubble.
If you click on this picture, it gives you a whole selection of unique emblems to choose from.

If you want to view your profile or any other pirates profile simply click the search icon with the magnifying glass right to the bottom right of the big green Play! Button for Pirate101. Once you are there, you will be given different tabs to submit which article or Pirate you would like to search up.
If you search up a Pirate, it will bring up any and every post that they have ever submitted onto these message boards.

Hope this Helps!
-Unfair Angel
You're forgetting one thing Unfair Angel. There are currently two Pirate Overlords: Chrissy Th' Blesser and Anecorbie(3967 posts). Pirate Overlord is 3000 posts. It's an intimidating number, but with persistence, it can be reached.

Does anybody know what the rank name for 400 posts is? I don't know if Captain is 400 or 500 posts.

Fearless Dolan Grant lvl65

Ensign
Sep 01, 2008
Thank you both for the great reply thanks now I know how the rankings work and how to change my picture :). Nice story I heard hopefully you can rank up like I. Good luck Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays :)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
FireMorgan13 on Dec 26, 2015 wrote:
You're forgetting one thing Unfair Angel. There are currently two Pirate Overlords: Chrissy Th' Blesser and Anecorbie(3967 posts). Pirate Overlord is 3000 posts. It's an intimidating number, but with persistence, it can be reached.

Does anybody know what the rank name for 400 posts is? I don't know if Captain is 400 or 500 posts.

400 to 499 is First mate.
500 to 749 is Captain.

Lieutenant
Sep 21, 2014
FireMorgan13 on Dec 26, 2015 wrote:

Yes but I meant to say who the highest ranked person with most posts was currently which is Chrissy Th' Blesser, anecorbie is of course the second highest known.

I don't believe that there is a rank name for 400 but 500 is Captain

First Mate
Dec 24, 2009
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Dec 28, 2015 wrote:
400 to 499 is First mate.
500 to 749 is Captain.
Thanks Chrissy! That's great to know!

Ensign
May 26, 2011
Hey, can anyone list the rankings and post amount for each?

~ Virtuous Melody Nightengale
Avernus Daredevil

First Mate
Nov 01, 2012
reddreamer451 on Dec 31, 2015 wrote:

Avernus Daredevil
0-49 Ensign
50-99 Petty Officer
100-199 Lieutenant
200-299 Gunner's Mate
300-399 Bosun
400-499 First Mate
500-749 Captain
750-999 Commodore
1000-1499 Admiral
1500-2999 Dread Pirate
3000-???? Pirate Overlord

there you go .

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
reddreamer451 on Dec 31, 2015 wrote:

Avernus Daredevil
Here is a link to the thread that has the list as we know it.

Petty Officer
Jul 22, 2014
Unfair Angel on Dec 25, 2015 wrote:
He was talking about messageboards rank :)
Oh, thank you Unfair Angel. I feel really stupid right now.