Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Relentless/Flanking/Repel Boarders 2

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Nov 23, 2012
Hi everyone. I've been looking to slap Relentless 2 onto my Buccaneer chara, but I have not been able to find anything, both in-game or online, on how to do so, save for a few rare pets that give a rank of Relentless to the character. If someone could inform me on how, if it is possible, to upgrade to the second rank I would very greatly appreciate it.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
RedBeard333 on Mar 5, 2016 wrote:
Hi everyone. I've been looking to slap Relentless 2 onto my Buccaneer chara, but I have not been able to find anything, both in-game or online, on how to do so, save for a few rare pets that give a rank of Relentless to the character. If someone could inform me on how, if it is possible, to upgrade to the second rank I would very greatly appreciate it.
Hello there RedBeard333 & welcome to the message boards-- glad you could join us!

It's a very wise decision to want to get at least Relentless 2 on a Buccaneer. The more chances you create to get all those Vengeance Strikes & Bladestorms to kick in, the better equipped your Buccaneer will be to dish out tons of damage.

You can acquire ranks of Relentless in a couple of ways. One being finding a pet, or morphing partner with a pet, that has Grants Relentless, getting that pet to play nice by manifesting Grants Relentless, & then equipping that little critter. Fortunately that grant has been out for a while, so there are a whole lot of Grants Relentless pets out there in the Spiral. And some very gracious players that are always willing to share their goods with their fellow pirates/players. You can also train a rank of Relentless from the Secret Trainer, Lost Hoplite, in Clandestine Cave in Devilfish Hollow...providing it is time for the melee trainer to be "hiding in the hole in the wall".

I have quite a few pets with Grants Relentless expressed & I'd be happy to try to help you get that trait to transfer over. Also, if you have the Buccaneer Apex Shark (1st Generation), just morph it a few times with some of your pets...& it will eventually show up by the time one of them reaches adulthood (took me only 3 morphs). But I am surely willing to help you get it on a pet.

My Buccaneer currently has a combo, shooty/slashy (Helios Set) weapon equipped. By doing this it gives him Relentless 2 & Burst Fire 2 (1 rank from training, 1 rank from my pet). Combine those 6 potential, extra attacks with all of those Bladestorms & Vengeance Strikes & that's a chance at some 10+ attack chains. Makes for a pretty fast soloing of the smuggler's arena. But I pretty much only PvE, so you may certainly want a melee only buccaneer or different setup for PvP.

Just let me know if you'd like to meet up to morph, to try & get you Grants Relentless. And again, welcome to the boards.

Ensign
Jun 02, 2013
If your Buccaneer is Level 20, and has Smashy Weapons 2 trained, then you can go to the Secret Trainer in the deepest part of Devilfish Hollow, and you will be able to train Relentless 1 if the Lost Hoplite trainer is there.

I hope that helps.

Petty Officer
Jul 22, 2014
If you get 500 scrip, you can buy a buccaneer maxotaur in the new pvp area.
Or, you could go to the melee hidden trainer and get Relentless.

Petty Officer
Feb 06, 2016
Clandestine trainer gives Relentless to smashy weapons 2 (I think?), Flanking to stabby 2 and Cheap Shot to slashy 2

Ensign
Nov 23, 2012
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Mar 6, 2016 wrote:
Hello there RedBeard333 & welcome to the message boards-- glad you could join us!

It's a very wise decision to want to get at least Relentless 2 on a Buccaneer. The more chances you create to get all those Vengeance Strikes & Bladestorms to kick in, the better equipped your Buccaneer will be to dish out tons of damage.

You can acquire ranks of Relentless in a couple of ways. One being finding a pet, or morphing partner with a pet, that has Grants Relentless, getting that pet to play nice by manifesting Grants Relentless, & then equipping that little critter. Fortunately that grant has been out for a while, so there are a whole lot of Grants Relentless pets out there in the Spiral. And some very gracious players that are always willing to share their goods with their fellow pirates/players. You can also train a rank of Relentless from the Secret Trainer, Lost Hoplite, in Clandestine Cave in Devilfish Hollow...providing it is time for the melee trainer to be "hiding in the hole in the wall".

I have quite a few pets with Grants Relentless expressed & I'd be happy to try to help you get that trait to transfer over. Also, if you have the Buccaneer Apex Shark (1st Generation), just morph it a few times with some of your pets...& it will eventually show up by the time one of them reaches adulthood (took me only 3 morphs). But I am surely willing to help you get it on a pet.

My Buccaneer currently has a combo, shooty/slashy (Helios Set) weapon equipped. By doing this it gives him Relentless 2 & Burst Fire 2 (1 rank from training, 1 rank from my pet). Combine those 6 potential, extra attacks with all of those Bladestorms & Vengeance Strikes & that's a chance at some 10+ attack chains. Makes for a pretty fast soloing of the smuggler's arena. But I pretty much only PvE, so you may certainly want a melee only buccaneer or different setup for PvP.

Just let me know if you'd like to meet up to morph, to try & get you Grants Relentless. And again, welcome to the boards.
Thank you, Valkoor, for both the assistance and welcome. That is a very kind offer for you to make, and considering how I wish to not be outpaced by my own first mate (Considering that my Peter Quint has Relentless 2) I would be happy to meet up in order to get a pet with Grants Relentless. Unfortunately I cannot use free chat in P101, so that may complicate things. However, if there is a chance for me to really up my damage potential, which there is, then I am willing to work around that complication.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
RedBeard333 on Mar 11, 2016 wrote:
Thank you, Valkoor, for both the assistance and welcome. That is a very kind offer for you to make, and considering how I wish to not be outpaced by my own first mate (Considering that my Peter Quint has Relentless 2) I would be happy to meet up in order to get a pet with Grants Relentless. Unfortunately I cannot use free chat in P101, so that may complicate things. However, if there is a chance for me to really up my damage potential, which there is, then I am willing to work around that complication.
You're quite welcome. And absolutely no worries at all on being menu chat.

We can try several different things to make sure you are morphing with the pet(s) of your choice. We can arrange for a meet up towards the end of next week-- that way we have plenty of time to post back & forth (plus allow for updating), here on the boards. I can post a list of pets that have Grants Relentless w/ possibly some other useful traits/Grants that would benefit your Buccaneer. If you'd like to go this route, I'll post as many that I can find, with their traits, & you pick a couple or few to morph with. If you only want 1 or 2 morphs, that's cool..or if you'd like 8 or 10 morphs, well that's cool too! Just pick the pets you'd like to morph with, how many times & then we'll pick a date/time/realm to meet up.

Or...if you're a member, or would like to become a member, of Pirate101 Central, you can send me a Visitor Message or a Private Message & we can go from there (same forum name). It's free to join & you can do as much or as little on there as you wish, plus your posts/messages are moderated & posted "instantly". If you'd like to take this approach, I can attach screenshots of some potential pets & you can pick which ones you'd like to morph with. Then we'll set up a morphing meet up.

Or...we can just wing it & go ahead & meet up to morph. At the morphing station you can switch your pet, when you want me to change mine. Once you see one you'd like to morph with, just select to morph & I'll know that's the winner. If I pass one you'd like to morph with, then just back out & we'll start over. Then we can repeat until you feel like you got a good group of critters to raise up.

Whichever method you prefer, just let me know here in this thread & we'll set it up. I'm in Eastern Standard Time. M & F, I can do from 5:30pm on. T, W & Th, I can do from 9:00pm on. And Sat & Sun are a little up in the air, but I can work out a time if either day ends up working best for you.

Lieutenant
Aug 17, 2014
With the Minotaur ax giving you follow through, plus relentless 2d you can just wreck about anyone