Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Second Chance Chest for Rooke, please!

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Dec 08, 2008
Ok, I have really been wanting some items from Rooke for my Buccaneer and even tried running the dungeon a couple of times but I already grow tired of it; running a high lvl dungeons dozens of times is not a very enjoyable experience, specially when you're alone(I can't find anyone who's willing to actually farm that place).

The Second Chance Chests are a recent addition and I'm very happy that we have them for almost all bosses with good items and that farming could turn out problematic, even Bishop has one however I can't find a good reason for why Rooke does not. If we can have a Second Chance Chest for a boss such as Bishop that we fight twice in the same dungeon(total of 6 fights), we can have it for another boss that we also fight twice(total of 5 of fights).

So, I fear that the reason may be that we don't have enough items on his drop table(which would make the chest give up only his unique drops due to the lack for other stuff), if that's case I would like to ask to please improve his drops even if it gives him items similar to Bishop's but please give us a chest, an improved drop rate or a different alternative to acquire his unique drops.

~R

Lieutenant
Oct 11, 2010
Ravino Nightingale on Jun 3, 2013 wrote:
Ok, I have really been wanting some items from Rooke for my Buccaneer and even tried running the dungeon a couple of times but I already grow tired of it; running a high lvl dungeons dozens of times is not a very enjoyable experience, specially when you're alone(I can't find anyone who's willing to actually farm that place).

The Second Chance Chests are a recent addition and I'm very happy that we have them for almost all bosses with good items and that farming could turn out problematic, even Bishop has one however I can't find a good reason for why Rooke does not. If we can have a Second Chance Chest for a boss such as Bishop that we fight twice in the same dungeon(total of 6 fights), we can have it for another boss that we also fight twice(total of 5 of fights).

So, I fear that the reason may be that we don't have enough items on his drop table(which would make the chest give up only his unique drops due to the lack for other stuff), if that's case I would like to ask to please improve his drops even if it gives him items similar to Bishop's but please give us a chest, an improved drop rate or a different alternative to acquire his unique drops.

~R
its faster to farm instances solo than with friends because well when someone is with you there is that much more to hassle with monster wise. A chest would be nice however i delt with the pain of the hyssassak(sp) boss instance farming for the sword about a week. (there is 3 battles) one sub boss one boss. I finally got it but i ran it oh at least 55 times each run about 40 minutes. with i have another 65 with me its an hour or better to do the same mission. Not worth having company unless its a friend that needs the drop just before the boss final round can port in. Rooke is next on my list. I did that 2-3 times so far but I want his armor :-o who knows what else drops. There are various end game choices to do just with so much unknown still its hard to figure out what to farm.

cheers,

Ensign
Jul 20, 2009
It's true, farming with a friend may take longer, but it sure is a lot more fun. However, I do agree with the OP. The awards received at the Rooke fight are meager when put in comparison with the length of the dungeon. Either a second chance chest or a boost to Rooke's drop rate may be the best option, because it is really grinding my gears (pun intended) when I go through that dungeon with nothing to show for it. Thanks for your consideration!

-Captain SoulHammer

Lieutenant
Oct 11, 2010
CaptSoulHammer on Jun 5, 2013 wrote:
It's true, farming with a friend may take longer, but it sure is a lot more fun. However, I do agree with the OP. The awards received at the Rooke fight are meager when put in comparison with the length of the dungeon. Either a second chance chest or a boost to Rooke's drop rate may be the best option, because it is really grinding my gears (pun intended) when I go through that dungeon with nothing to show for it. Thanks for your consideration!

-Captain SoulHammer
I would like a second chance chest i did rooke's map 33 times now. I received 2 dragoon cannons i wont ever use and a dragoon sword thats banked. the 30 other times just gold and junk thats just sellable. a map that takes an hour a pop and just to get gold and no chest is really bothering.

Lieutenant
Oct 11, 2010
Bump on this. I have run this 54 times each run takes an hour and you get 2 chances at drops. I have only seen a couple cannons drop and dragoon swords. Both items are just gold sells to me. Second chance chest would be nice on this map considering faster maps have second chance chests!!!! Captin Kidd has a chest seriously? that map takes about 15 minutes at the most.

I think any map that's going to give you the 60+ minute warning needs to have crown chests, you know your customers will pay crowns at a shot for there items. I would much pay 5-10k in crowns to get rook's combo set, robe and perhaps other gear not sure on other stuff because its NOT dropping.

Lieutenant
Jun 08, 2009
I completely agree. After the chests came out on test, I looked in places that I believed would have them and found many, but none for Rooke! If a certain dungeon has to be at a certain difficulty level to receive a chest, (for it's level, of course, not in general) then Rooke definitely needs one. especially when you compare this dungeon, without a chest, to dungeons with chests. They have a second chance chest for Chumba Wumba (the water mole sumo guy) which consists of two easy fights, and one moderate fight (and I am putting those rankings from my opinion when I first fought it, not my opinion now). BUT, there is no chest on Rooke, which consists of three moderate fights and two difficult fights. the only reason I would see for KI not to put a chest on him is because he barely has any drops, which can be easily changed if KI gives him some non-unique no auction gear.

Lieutenant
Oct 11, 2010
did rooke 4 more times in a row last night now i am up to 60 times running this map again just receive gold and shop sells nothing that's no auction i would use.

Cough where are the drops? Its not only on this boss but also on Medusa and Hydra etc. Come on KI

Lieutenant
Oct 11, 2010
Bump!!!!!!

Am i like one of a hand full of players that is farming this map? I have run this now 60 times that's 60 hours for just gold. KI please add these chests for second chance or do something to modify the chance at items. Gold should not be the common drop from any boss chest period. it should be an item and its a roll on what the item is. When we use a second chance chest we don't get 2 gold slots so why would the dropped chest be any different? I am trying to get Rooke's visible robe, hat, boots, and combo melee sheild/axe. I know they drop for the few that were lucky enough to get something on there only run through the map.

Medusa seems to have the same problem, lengthy map and just seeing gold. I have beat the game thus far i really enjoy it. I would like to get back to the PVP arena but still having farming problems. If there was chests my farming would be done with. It seems like the chests in port regal work correctly Captain Kidd's room works perfectly. Its a quick fights and there is even a second chance chest. Half the time its run you will get just gold from his chest the other half an item form the loot table of no auctions. I would LOVE to see a code put in place so that i get items for my class and not others like in wizards water works map.

Good work on pirate so far just needs some tuning. you will make more $ off chests on all bosses in a lengthy maps.

Lieutenant
Oct 11, 2010
bump again on this, i have not run it anymore because its not worth the time for just gold which i dont see since i have the cap always now. I have no need for gold all of my companions are maxed out banks are loaded up no point now. unless a chest is put here i wont be going back to this time sink

Ensign
Dec 08, 2008
masterryan1969 on Jun 23, 2013 wrote:
bump again on this, i have not run it anymore because its not worth the time for just gold which i dont see since i have the cap always now. I have no need for gold all of my companions are maxed out banks are loaded up no point now. unless a chest is put here i wont be going back to this time sink
I stopped counting runs when I reached 30, I was just starting to feel way too pointless to continue farming so I decided I didn't want to know how bad the situation actually is. Now I can only try to guess how many runs I did, the results:

1. Two of Rooke's Hats... yes, two of them, something I don't need and that I would willing trade half of it for the armor or shield(axe is okay too)

2. Tons of Gold which allowed me to level up all my companions to lvl 65 and buy a few housing items.

And that's it. Again, I feel this farming is becoming pointless and extremely boring, now I'm running them only on my Musketeer to lvl his companions and once they're maxed out, I'm not sure. I'm starting to feel ~NEED~ (no longer wish) of a Second Chance Chest for Rooke. And I cannot really understand why we do not have it yet, I will not point out my reasons again(don't like to say things twice+).

~R

Lieutenant
Oct 11, 2010
I like instant bosses enter a room and there it is. I did zeena over 1200 times to get the buck necklace with 9ac and levi card. Thats the most insane camp since the expanion i have done. It's always when i want a certain item i get all but that item LOL :)

Ensign
Nov 02, 2012
I get super lucky on my first time in this dungeon
First rooke fight I get his boots

And on the second phase I get his Torso armor

I'm hoping to get his hat and/or his axe sometime

~ Scurvy Orion Lanyard
Level 61