Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

pirate101 versus wizard101 which is better?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jan 18, 2014
its even for me personally

level 9 witchdoctor

Ensign
Mar 06, 2009
Pirate101, no question. Pirate lets you basically finish the entire game, (sans a few areas) without the need for outside assistance. While I don't usually mind when other players join a battle, I DO MIND when they join and then try to dominate the encounter. I don't need a player half my level telling me what to do. I also am not a fan of people joining your battle then having all their low-level mates port in. I usually bail out at that point and leave them to their fate, secretly hoping the encounter goes in favor of the beasties!

Lieutenant
Nov 11, 2012
when i was a little kid i played wizard101 as my first online game
i played pirate101 when i was 3 years older then that
i love both of them, but i just can't decide

Lieutenant
Nov 11, 2012
Fearless Finnagan on Mar 17, 2015 wrote:
P101 hands down! It took me like 6 hours to do 1 battle and it didn't even make sense! (it was the malistare ghost one at the end of Azteca.)
how is that physically possible? it took me 1:40 hour to do the whole moo manchu

Ensign
May 31, 2014
The choice is clear: Pirate is definitely better.

Lieutenant
Jun 29, 2011
Pirate or Wizard? I've played both, so I will put in the pros and cons of both games. Note, that I have more cons for Wizard, than for Pirate.

HOUSING-
Wizard101: (pros) has thousands of items to place in more than 40 houses.
(cons) Only a certain number of pets/ mounts can be placed in each house. (Maximum number, would be 50.)
------ Both games have carpet glitch
Pirate101: (pros) Houses have more detail, despite the fewer number. Also, there are lesser housing items to place.
(cons) Only about 15 houses, so far.

PVP-
Wizard101: (pros) I really can't think of any, right now.
(cons) Pretty much everything, that makes Pirate101 PVP good, wizard doesn't have. PVP in W101 is very unfair, when you're fighting a PVP commander and whatnot. All the gear from rewards in W101 PVP makes it so it's impossible to beat someone who has it, if you don't.

Pirate101: (pros) Pvp is based more on skill than on gear, and how good your pet is, so P101 pvp is awesome.
(cons) Can't think of any, right now.

PVE-
Wizard101: (pros) There are a lot of good drops from PVE in wizard, spread across this game's universe.
(cons) Can't think of any, right now..

Pirate101: (pros) Bosses don't cheat

PACKS-
Wizard101: (pros) There are more than 10 packs containing EPIC items.

Pirate101: (pros) There are more EPIC items in P101 packs.
(cons) There are fewer packs.

I would say pirate101 is better.

Lieutenant
Apr 30, 2011
Pirate101 is the better of the two, in my opinion, having variety between fights (usually.) And that and it has a lot more strategy in the battles, whereas Wiz usually includes blades, traps, kill in MOST fights. Not to mention the graphics are beefed up much more.

The problemmm issss.. Pirate101's updates take a lot longer. A lot. A lot longer. And there's not that many activities to stall players between those giant updates, not nearly as much as Wiz, at least.

So uhm, yeah. It's really just a giant quality and quantity.