Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Swashbuckler Pvp Gear Setup Suggestions

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Sep 21, 2014
So, I am generally new to Swashbuckler PvP and I need suggestions from you guys to help me out for the perfect gear setup. Right now my gear is fine, and I was wondering if I should rather use my patch of st. Fido which lands me at about 167 dodge or the Asclespius talisman which grants the 3 agility 8 weapon power and Valors Fortress. My other gear is pretty basic, sprocket key, Tower helm sky spirit boots (which i will probaly trade out for fort boots if anyone knows any good fort boots) and the tribal crew pack outfit, as well as Axe of minotaur lords and 2 dodge oriented pieces of gear from tower. So, what are your thoughts pirates?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Unfair Angel on Oct 22, 2015 wrote:
So, I am generally new to Swashbuckler PvP and I need suggestions from you guys to help me out for the perfect gear setup. Right now my gear is fine, and I was wondering if I should rather use my patch of st. Fido which lands me at about 167 dodge or the Asclespius talisman which grants the 3 agility 8 weapon power and Valors Fortress. My other gear is pretty basic, sprocket key, Tower helm sky spirit boots (which i will probaly trade out for fort boots if anyone knows any good fort boots) and the tribal crew pack outfit, as well as Axe of minotaur lords and 2 dodge oriented pieces of gear from tower. So, what are your thoughts pirates?
A good VFort boot is the Shoes of Faunus dropped by Cadmus ( and a few other Aquilan Bosses ), check Central's Wiki for more info.
I'm always on the side of "more dodge is better" for a buckler, can't let those Bucks hit us, right?

Lieutenant
Feb 13, 2013
anecorbie on Oct 22, 2015 wrote:
A good VFort boot is the Shoes of Faunus dropped by Cadmus ( and a few other Aquilan Bosses ), check Central's Wiki for more info.
I'm always on the side of "more dodge is better" for a buckler, can't let those Bucks hit us, right?
Thats what charges are for

First Mate
Sep 13, 2010
the midnightpirate on Oct 23, 2015 wrote:
Thats what charges are for
BUT if you have really good dodge, you can start a really long chain off of a first strike. Best case scenario, you've trained relentless and your pet grants relentless and blade storm, and you used Shadowdance:
  • you first strike their charge
  • you follow through
  • they vengeance strike and miss
  • you riposte it
  • you first strike the upcoming vengeance strike
  • you riposte it
  • they vengeance strike it and miss
  • you riposte it
  • you probably criticaled somewhere in there; blade storm
  • you HAVE to relentless at least once-- 8 tries for 1/3 chance, the odds are in your favor
  • another relentless
  • maybe another relentless

First strike (50% damage) x 3

Riposte (150% damage) x 3
Follow Through (100% damage) x 1
Relentless (100% damage) x 3
Blade Storm (100% damage) x 1

Total: 1100% damage

Your weapon power is probably around 300, so that's an input of 3300 damage, reduced by the opponent's armor, and they're probably smart, so a fort or levy, making an output of maybe 1400. A hidden assassin's strike could kill them. I trust that after you hide they'll put on another damage reduce though. Idk I don't have a swashbuckler get a good pet that's a game changer for bucks and bucklers.

Hope you enjoyed this super long reply to a half of a sentence.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
AndrewDeathblade11... on Oct 30, 2015 wrote:
BUT if you have really good dodge, you can start a really long chain off of a first strike. Best case scenario, you've trained relentless and your pet grants relentless and blade storm, and you used Shadowdance:
  • you first strike their charge
  • you follow through
  • you riposte it
  • you riposte it
  • they vengeance strike it and miss
  • you riposte it
  • you probably criticaled somewhere in there; blade storm
  • you HAVE to relentless at least once-- 8 tries for 1/3 chance, the odds are in your favor
  • another relentless
  • maybe another relentless

First strike (50% damage) x 3

Riposte (150% damage) x 3
Follow Through (100% damage) x 1
Relentless (100% damage) x 3
Blade Storm (100% damage) x 1

Total: 1100% damage

Your weapon power is probably around 300, so that's an input of 3300 damage, reduced by the opponent's armor, and they're probably smart, so a fort or levy, making an output of maybe 1400. A hidden assassin's strike could kill them. I trust that after you hide they'll put on another damage reduce though. Idk I don't have a swashbuckler get a good pet that's a game changer for bucks and bucklers.

Hope you enjoyed this super long reply to a half of a sentence.
That was brilliant and completely in line to what I was thinking ( yet couldn't figure out the play-byplay and the damage numbers. ) Thank you!