Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

General Tso is "tso hard"

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Dec 31, 2013
I need help doing the dungeon and no friends are helping me! Maybe anyone has any suggestions or can go online and play with my level 45 privateer in the Bonnie Anne Realm at Khotan Docks. I hope you can help me.

Golden Jonathon Yaxley
Level 45 Privateer

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
It would also help if you mentioned what time you are normally on during the week and on weekends.

You also don't mention the level your Pirate is at. If his level is too low, you will need to do more side quests to raise it. Otherwise, doing this is very hard if not impossible.

If you are trying to solo the Tso dungeon, it can be done and most of time you will lose 1 to 2 companions. Remember to keep your eye on the Goal which is getting next to General Tso's Chicken. The way I do this is to have at least one Buccaneer with high health and one Musketeer. The third will depend on your fighting style. I tend to like another Buccaneer. You may also want to rearrange your powers so the area of effect powers and buffing abilities are at the front. This will hopefully allow them to come up first.

Do NOT bother to attack Tso. He is invulnerable to most if not all attacks. Luckily, his minions are not invulnerable.

The way I do the dungeon is to immediately rush all my characters except 1 Buccaneer to the room with the Chicken in it. That one Buccaneer stays and fights in the room Tso is in. This Companion will usually attract Tso and keep him busy. I do attack what enemies I end up next to on the way to the room. The one exception is anyone I have in hiding. I don't recommend hiding until you are actually in the room since they try to block the access. Try to attack the same enemy so you have a better chance of defeating him. In the room with the Chicken, I concentrate on attacking one of the corners of the enemies surrounding the Chicken, especially with Area of Effect attacks. Once I have defeated that enemy, I then get next to the Chicken and the dungeon is over.

Hope this helps. Good Luck!

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
It is a challenging dungeon - an interesting tactical challenge. It is one of my favorite fights, but tough.

A level 45 Privateer, hmmm? So, lots of buffs. Speed is important - rush the room as fast as you can, and arrange your doubloons and powers to maximize speed and defense (in my experience buffing offense as often as not means your crew just makes more and more powerful attacks on Tso, where they are still useless).

About half the time when I do it with a pirate for the first time, I wind up hiring the high-level privateer hireling so I can keep my guys alive long enough to punch a hole in the line.

Good luck!

-Indigo

Petty Officer
Feb 27, 2009
Maybe I can help if you could arrange a time? I'm on US East Coast time. I DESPISED that dungeon. I could even try to get Marcus there if you wanted as well!

Quentin Davenport, lvl 65

Marcus Davenport, lvl 43

Ensign
Dec 24, 2014
i did the dungeon and it was super easy.i am a buckler so i only hide and use my buccaneer shield strike thing.
hit one of the enemies and i won but i lost most of my health due the vengeance strikes but i did it in two rounds.

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
This is the hardest boss so far, having a team to defeat this super boss is great. One team to distract him and his minions.Another team to send in the chicken room, to clear out a minion or five ( in case a pet got in the way ). This work for any class, at in my experince as a player.

I can't say for these class, ,, and since they didn't enter his dungeon.I'm sorry. These is a tip for solo crew, here it go.

=Even for this mighty class,it's difficult. Have two storng compainons example El Toro, Lucy Starling etc to distract him and aim for the minions. Have the main character and another storng character example Bonnie Anne or if unlocked early Gorando to clear out some of the guards.Then Buff to incearse strength and use the charge talanet repeatedly.

=Same as above, however in the chicken room use sneak attack and cloaking spell to clear the guards.If you have use a charge attack for additional damage. I would bring Sarah steel as a companion, in the chicken room or the goat monk from the crown shop to help the main character. These have multi damaging talent and hit heavy.

I hope these tip help.

First Mate
Dec 24, 2009
WindRider244 on Jun 15, 2015 wrote:
I need help doing the dungeon and no friends are helping me! Maybe anyone has any suggestions or can go online and play with my level 45 privateer in the Bonnie Anne Realm at Khotan Docks. I hope you can help me.

Golden Jonathon Yaxley
Level 45 Privateer
I haven't done that dungeon in a while so unfortunately I can't give advice. However I'd be willing to help. I'm currently on Pacific Time. If you could give a time, I'd be glad to help.

Fearless Dolan Grant lvl65