Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Who is your Favorite Companion?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jul 28, 2015
Prestopirate on Apr 21, 2018 wrote:
My favorite is Dan Drake!
I do love duck companions and he is green like a Mallard.
I hope he gets a promotion someday!
my fav is ridolofo capoferro is does so much damage ridolfo+=

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
cyborgplays on Dec 28, 2018 wrote:
Welcome to the message boards, cyborgplays! Ridolfo is great!

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
cyborgplays on Dec 28, 2018 wrote:
Ridolfo! I thought I was the only one who still cared about him! Tell everyone he's amazing! Because he is.

Ensign
Aug 20, 2017
Paige MoonShade on Oct 19, 2012 wrote:
Bonnie Anne

I can keep her in the background range firing while my swashbuckler goes up front. Plus she looks great after she has her second promotion.
Lol Paige I like your houses in wizard 101 I wish we become friends so you can take me around different dungeons
My name is brave blaze walkers L65 at pirate
While blaze shadow wraith L26 storm at wizard 101

Petty Officer
Mar 08, 2017
my sergeant shepherd! he can get the most criticals more than anyone, even el toro! he is strong, if you train him right.

-noble valkoor Hawkins lv 70

Ensign
Mar 28, 2018
Subodai, i loved his wicked sense of humour when trashing the wedding

Ensign
Jun 13, 2013
Mine is most certainly Kan Po. He's so kind and I consider him to be like a grandpa to our pirate. I also love how serene he is normally but then becomes the most vicious person in battle, for me at least. Not to mention the fact that he has a hide, critical strike AND a heal. He's also the main reason I'm going through witch doctor a second time. I'm in AQ and have used him since SI.

Ensign
Mar 23, 2017
I have a couple of favorites:

Monkey King (Celestial Trickster) - I absolutely love his cynical attitude throughout the story. Every time he speaks I got super excited. I like his design as well

Lt. Springer (Dog Colonel) - Purely design wise. I love Marleybone as a whole, and Lt. Springer is definitely one of my top three favorites. Plus, he's got that relentless/blade-storm combo as well, which makes him useful throughout the story

Froggo Villa (Salamander Backstabber) - He's just cool

Lu Lin (Horse Crossbowman) - Got him towards the end of MooShu on my Privateer, and I don't know why I love him so much. I have kept him in my main crew for awhile now.

Taro Moomori (Samoorai Champion) - I've always loved the Samoorai, and now I can use one! He's also a solid companion.

Mustang Toreador (Toreador Maestro) - That darn smile.

However, none of these companions come even close to the heavenly companion that is.....

EL TORO (Masked Champion)

On my first playthrough, I was kinda slogging through Cool Ranch because of how long it is. I remember first seeing El Toro in Santa Pollo, and I couldn't wait to get him. Now I have him and I love it.

- Every time he speaks in the story I just get a nice warm feeling
- He is a very good combat companion, one of the best in the game actually.
- He is inspired by my one of my favorite fictional characters, Zoro
- He is one of the few general companions that everyone gets, no matter what

I can only think of one issue with the greatness that is El Toro
- His gosh darn walk cycle has a glaring frame clip that annoys the hornets outta me when he's my First Mate

Other than that, he is the best.

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
El Toro, Sarah Steele, and the rest are all nice, but none can ever compare to the one and only NINJA PIG!

He's one of the Swashbucklers that doesn't need a hide to score big hits. He's not like most of them, he fares great in melee combat. And his criticals! He can get a lot of them, and when he does he can do upwards of a thousand damage! without a hide! He fits in perfectly with my playing style. I also adore mine for his rarity.

It's the year of the Ninja Pig! Everybody oink out!

Ensign
Apr 17, 2010
One of my favorite companions would have to be Fan Flanders. When trained right, she can be an absolute beast. One of the best swashbuckler companions in my opinion.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
TheSuperKael on Mar 27, 2019 wrote:
I have a couple of favorites:

Monkey King (Celestial Trickster) - I absolutely love his cynical attitude throughout the story. Every time he speaks I got super excited. I like his design as well

Lt. Springer (Dog Colonel) - Purely design wise. I love Marleybone as a whole, and Lt. Springer is definitely one of my top three favorites. Plus, he's got that relentless/blade-storm combo as well, which makes him useful throughout the story

Froggo Villa (Salamander Backstabber) - He's just cool

Lu Lin (Horse Crossbowman) - Got him towards the end of MooShu on my Privateer, and I don't know why I love him so much. I have kept him in my main crew for awhile now.

Taro Moomori (Samoorai Champion) - I've always loved the Samoorai, and now I can use one! He's also a solid companion.

Mustang Toreador (Toreador Maestro) - That darn smile.

However, none of these companions come even close to the heavenly companion that is.....

EL TORO (Masked Champion)

On my first playthrough, I was kinda slogging through Cool Ranch because of how long it is. I remember first seeing El Toro in Santa Pollo, and I couldn't wait to get him. Now I have him and I love it.

- Every time he speaks in the story I just get a nice warm feeling
- He is a very good combat companion, one of the best in the game actually.
- He is inspired by my one of my favorite fictional characters, Zoro
- He is one of the few general companions that everyone gets, no matter what

I can only think of one issue with the greatness that is El Toro
- His gosh darn walk cycle has a glaring frame clip that annoys the hornets outta me when he's my First Mate

Other than that, he is the best.
Welcome to the message boards, TheSuperKael!
Those are all great choices! I'm glad you're using some companions that others deem "inadequate"!

Ensign
Jun 29, 2014
It appears I've posted on this a few years ago, but now that I've come back to the game after those years, I'd have to say my favorite companion is Emmet. I don't really know why I just like the character.

Ensign
Jan 25, 2013
I'd have to say it's El Toro and Ratbeard. They just have such great personalities and character designs. And you can tell the writers and voice actors had a lot of fun with their dialogue, they really make the characters come to life in such a fun way.

Also El Toro's epic hit animation's are so much fun and never get old for me .

Ensign
Apr 02, 2015
after playing through and finishing up the video game a plague tale: innocence i've come to like companions of- the rat, mouse/mice and monquistador family even more so than i ever have although they're not really my favorites in that particular game though and you'll see why if you get the chance to play it as well.

Ensign
Jan 27, 2017
I still really like my spirit of giving companion. But i have a lot of companions i switch between , I really enjoy using Nurse Quinn, Mustang Sally, and Nadya. I enjoy my cool ranch companions for everything. I also am especially enjoying using Nurse Quinn now she's on my privy so i can buff her. Nadya is also on my second privy!

Petty Officer
Jan 26, 2019
I haven’t been playing for too long (I started in January of this year) but I have six pirates in five different classes at levels varying from levels 3-61. I’ve seen my share of companions, and I have to say my all-time favorite is Peter Quint. I have him on Relentless 3, Blade Storm 2, and Vengeance Strike 2, and he destroys everything, especially on his nifty Whale’s Might. My second would be The Marchioness, on Repel Borders 1, Relentless 2 and Blade Storm 2. Just today I was doing the Deacon battle in Cool Ranch and in one round and a chain of critical hits, he only had a hundred life left, compared to 1,900 at the beginning of the round. She was only a level 40!! Finally, I’m leaving off with Ratbeard as my last favorite companion. I’m cruising along nicely in Marleybone thanks to him. I’ll admit, he’s lame at first, but now in the later levels (he’s a level 60) he’s awesome! His epic talents are Hold the Line 1, Repel Borders 2, Blade Storm 2, and First Strike 3. Gah! They’re all so good!

Sabrina Dove — Level 61
Esperanza — Level 53
Taryn — Level 41
Miranda — Level 22
Deirdre — Level 16
Logan — Level 3

Ensign
Jan 21, 2019
Gunner's Mate
Feb 06, 2018
Hmmm...
I think Wing Chun or Lucky Jack Russel...

Fair Taryn Lewis
Hopeful Evelyn Nelson
Two faced Isis Spencer
Fiery Ariel Nichols
Stubborn Alexandra Travis

Ensign
May 23, 2014
My favorite companions are Egg Shen, Ratbeard, Catbeard, Hawkules and El Toro. My least favorite is Emmet and the Guinea Pig Gaspard Devole.

Honest Kai LVL 67

Bosun
Aug 10, 2011
Mine is also Kobe Yojimbo, mainly because I like samurai and like the movie that he was bade off of, Yojimbo

Bosun
Aug 10, 2011
I think that the cranes are the most overpowered, because with the right epics they can attack like 10 times in a single round

Ensign
Mar 21, 2014
My most favorite companion is a tie with the Marchioness and Kobe Yojimbo. These two used to be meh in my opinion until one day, they surprised me, and now, the're my ultimate faves. In general, I really like their fighting style, their appearances, their personalities and so on. These two companions make me really proud as I watch them win.

My next favorite companion is Gracie Conrad. She's so funny, and super cute. I'm always looking forward to recruiting her on all my characters that I level up.

Next on my top 5 list is Peter Quint. He used to be meh as well for me until he started to use a bunch of critical hits, which made me laugh, especially his epic hit where he goes OOOOOOh. The music for it made him even funnier. Anyways, in general, Peter is a great companion, and I'd definitely recommend him.

Lastly, is a companion that I don't have, yet sorta do in a way... Cat Pirate. I've always wanted this companion because he looks so cool and his critical hits are so awesome! It's a shame he's no longer available. ; - ;

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Musteatsoup on Sep 12, 2019 wrote:
My most favorite companion is a tie with the Marchioness and Kobe Yojimbo. These two used to be meh in my opinion until one day, they surprised me, and now, the're my ultimate faves. In general, I really like their fighting style, their appearances, their personalities and so on. These two companions make me really proud as I watch them win.

My next favorite companion is Gracie Conrad. She's so funny, and super cute. I'm always looking forward to recruiting her on all my characters that I level up.

Next on my top 5 list is Peter Quint. He used to be meh as well for me until he started to use a bunch of critical hits, which made me laugh, especially his epic hit where he goes OOOOOOh. The music for it made him even funnier. Anyways, in general, Peter is a great companion, and I'd definitely recommend him.

Lastly, is a companion that I don't have, yet sorta do in a way... Cat Pirate. I've always wanted this companion because he looks so cool and his critical hits are so awesome! It's a shame he's no longer available. ; - ;
You can get a "look likes" of the Cat Pirate in the Yuletide Spirits Pack during Christmas in July or during Christmas ( 12 Days of the Spiral ), although they haven't their promotions yet.

Petty Officer
Feb 06, 2018
I like baar because he is in a pack
ruthless luke armstronglvl 23privateer

Bosun
Aug 10, 2011
Mine actually might be the normal Cat Pirate