Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Orb of Nefarious Death

AuthorMessage
Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
So I've been looking into trying to receive the orb of nefarious death for my pirate, so I went on the wiki to look at its stats and it said it boosted off of Agility.

I had a gut feeling that couldn't be right but I left it at that and later on I talked to a friend about it and he said that it does actually boost off of will. Now my friend isn't the sharpest tool in the shed and I really don't have a clue what stat it uses to boost so can anyone tell me?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
witchdoctor daruis on Jul 17, 2017 wrote:
So I've been looking into trying to receive the orb of nefarious death for my pirate, so I went on the wiki to look at its stats and it said it boosted off of Agility.

I had a gut feeling that couldn't be right but I left it at that and later on I talked to a friend about it and he said that it does actually boost off of will. Now my friend isn't the sharpest tool in the shed and I really don't have a clue what stat it uses to boost so can anyone tell me?
Don't dismiss your friend's intelligence, he got this one right. The Orb does boost off of Will. ( Which makes it viable for Privateers as well. )

Community Leader
It actually boosts off of both technically. For musketeers, swashbucklers, and buccaneers, it will boost off of agility. For privateers and witches it will boost off of will.

Shooty weapons are based off of agility, and staffy off of will. Thus, a shooty/staffy will boost off of the highest of your pirate's agility and will. I'm assuming the same is true for a staffy/stabby weapon like Cossack's Blades

Writer, Editor, Administrator, and Pirate PvP guy at FinalBastion

Check us out for all things Pirate101 and Wizard101 PvE/PvP

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
anecorbie on Jul 17, 2017 wrote:
Don't dismiss your friend's intelligence, he got this one right. The Orb does boost off of Will. ( Which makes it viable for Privateers as well. )
Alright thanks for confirming that for me.

Maybe it's time to admit defeat to my own smarts.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Matthew525011 on Jul 18, 2017 wrote:
It actually boosts off of both technically. For musketeers, swashbucklers, and buccaneers, it will boost off of agility. For privateers and witches it will boost off of will.

Shooty weapons are based off of agility, and staffy off of will. Thus, a shooty/staffy will boost off of the highest of your pirate's agility and will. I'm assuming the same is true for a staffy/stabby weapon like Cossack's Blades
The card says specifically "bonus from Will".

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Here is a link to the Pirate101 Central wiki page for the Level 1 item:

http://www.pirate101central.com/wiki/Item:Orb_of_Nefarious_Death_(Level_1%2B)

for verification of the above information.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Willowydream on Jul 18, 2017 wrote:
Here is a link to the Pirate101 Central wiki page for the Level 1 item:

http://www.pirate101central.com/wiki/Item:Orb_of_Nefarious_Death_(Level_1%2B)

for verification of the above information.

Ok, that makes a lot more sense.

But if you go to the level 70 page for it, the gun supposedly boosts off of agility which is mis-leading.

Community Leader
anecorbie on Jul 18, 2017 wrote:
The card says specifically "bonus from Will".
Look at in on a musketeer or a swashbuckler. It gets a bonus from agility on those classes. The same is true with other hybrids like Cossack's Blades. I have checked it myself and I am certain I am completely accurate

Community Leader
witchdoctor daruis on Jul 19, 2017 wrote:

But if you go to the level 70 page for it, the gun supposedly boosts off of agility which is mis-leading.
For certain classes it boosts off agility (at all levels). For others it boosts off will (at all levels). The wiki can't note that it can boost off both agility and will, so the first person to edit the page put what it boosted off of for their vlass

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
witchdoctor daruis on Jul 19, 2017 wrote:

Thanks for the heads up - I will take this opportunity to update the relevant wiki pages.

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
Matthew525011 on Jul 19, 2017 wrote:
For certain classes it boosts off agility (at all levels). For others it boosts off will (at all levels). The wiki can't note that it can boost off both agility and will, so the first person to edit the page put what it boosted off of for their vlass
You are spot on. It boosts from Agility and Will. Below is confirmation from Ratbeard:

https://www.pirate101.com/forum/the-bilge-pump/privateer-still-attacking-with-strength-8ad6a4184641eb740146434209051c30/8ad6a41c4641eb6901464380abc129a4?fromSearchResult=true#8ad6a41c4641eb6901464380abc129a4