Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Bug: A flask of pure gold quest

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 21, 2012
Was trying to do this quest with another person and neither one of us could access Deidra's ship. Nor could the four other ships circling around and asking how to get onboard it in chat. The only answer we got when I and another person asked in chat was "Just click the X". When we said the x didn't appear the person that "answered" got rather combative in saying it did. is this quest glitched?

Tried re-logging. Closing out the game completely and logging back in. Tried it grouped and as solo and still, no "X" appeared.

Does anyone have any possible solutions to this other than to say that it's there and seems that 5 other ppl are just too blind to see it?

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Well, you can just sink the ship and get credit that way.

If ships/pirates had already boarded, basically the deck was full. You won't get an "x" to click if the battle is full.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Could you give a few more details about the quest? Which world and skyway? What were you supposed to do or collect? Who gave the quest? Sometimes there are quests where you have to both fight someone for the quest and pick something up to bring somewhere, like a statue or a treasure. Without remembering the specific quest you mean, I wonder if you were supposed to pick up an item for the quest before leaving a dungeon. If you do a fight but forget the item that needs to be delivered, you would have to go back for it. I'm not saying that's what happened in your case, but I've had it happen and seen others do it too. It would explain why you are not getting to board, if you lack something required by the quest.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Calamity Finch on Aug 7, 2017 wrote:
Could you give a few more details about the quest? Which world and skyway? What were you supposed to do or collect? Who gave the quest? Sometimes there are quests where you have to both fight someone for the quest and pick something up to bring somewhere, like a statue or a treasure. Without remembering the specific quest you mean, I wonder if you were supposed to pick up an item for the quest before leaving a dungeon. If you do a fight but forget the item that needs to be delivered, you would have to go back for it. I'm not saying that's what happened in your case, but I've had it happen and seen others do it too. It would explain why you are not getting to board, if you lack something required by the quest.
Rosie Harriot gives the quest ( she's in Remington's Steel - the weapon shop in SI ) all she asks you to do is find Dead-Eye Deidre and collect her Golden Flask, there is no preliminary step.
I suspect Willowy is right, if the boarding party was already 4 pirates then the "X" prompt wouldn't appear, and neither could the Pirate continue with ship combat - the ship becomes non-target-able when boarded.

Ensign
May 21, 2012
Willowydream on Aug 7, 2017 wrote:
Well, you can just sink the ship and get credit that way.

If ships/pirates had already boarded, basically the deck was full. You won't get an "x" to click if the battle is full.

The ship could not be boarded even with only my ship there. It would not attack nor could I click on it to attack. As more people came they too could not click on the ship nor were they attacked.

Ensign
May 21, 2012
Calamity Finch on Aug 7, 2017 wrote:
http://www.pirate101central.com/wiki/Quest:A_Flask_of_Pure_Gold

This is the quest I am speaking of. After speaking with the quest giver the quest pointer goes to the skyway and leads to the ship. There was no other quest attached to it.

it does not take place in any dungeon. The quest giver is an NPC inside of a shop and asks us to fight another NPC to get back her gold flask.

As I said to the other person replying, we could not attack the ship, was not attacked by the ship, could not board the ship, nor was there another step to pick something up/ go to a different area/ go do something else etc. We were not the only ones that could not board the boat.

I tried two realms with the same results but do not remember exactly which realms.