Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

How did they know? (Theory)

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Feb 21, 2016
So I'm back again because I want to write some thoughts down. Our pirate already knows how their parents died but how? Remember in Aquila, where we had to give up five years of memory and Bonnie Anne told us that we were going to forget about our parents if we do? Well this is what I think; our pirate was there when their parents died. Let me explain. Lets just say that our pirate is fourteen or fifteen when the game takes place. Ten years ago, their parents were going on a trip when for some reason they decided to take us, our pirate, before their fifth birthday (Because if it was after that, they would still slightly remember them). The trip was going fine until their parent's death (Mutiny, Armada, etc). Before the ship went down, the presidio companion must've carried us to a raft and escaped with us (Except for Dead Mike because he got killed) before they got separated maybe a day later. There is a chance that we were already in the world where we got our bonus (I know we look older in the picture but it was probably a good reason why they drew it like that) and then years later we somehow got to Valencia (Based on the short scene on how we got arrested). I know that humans don't really remember much when they were really young but our pirate probably has a really good memory which will explain how they remember their parents death. It could be this or another reason. I don't mind if you agree or disagree. If you disagree, tell me what you think. Have a good day fellow pirates!

Generous Amy Jackson (Level 70 Swashbuckler)

PS Happy Fifth Birthday Pirate101! <3

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Emerald 197 on Oct 15, 2017 wrote:
So I'm back again because I want to write some thoughts down. Our pirate already knows how their parents died but how? Remember in Aquila, where we had to give up five years of memory and Bonnie Anne told us that we were going to forget about our parents if we do? Well this is what I think; our pirate was there when their parents died. Let me explain. Lets just say that our pirate is fourteen or fifteen when the game takes place. Ten years ago, their parents were going on a trip when for some reason they decided to take us, our pirate, before their fifth birthday (Because if it was after that, they would still slightly remember them). The trip was going fine until their parent's death (Mutiny, Armada, etc). Before the ship went down, the presidio companion must've carried us to a raft and escaped with us (Except for Dead Mike because he got killed) before they got separated maybe a day later. There is a chance that we were already in the world where we got our bonus (I know we look older in the picture but it was probably a good reason why they drew it like that) and then years later we somehow got to Valencia (Based on the short scene on how we got arrested). I know that humans don't really remember much when they were really young but our pirate probably has a really good memory which will explain how they remember their parents death. It could be this or another reason. I don't mind if you agree or disagree. If you disagree, tell me what you think. Have a good day fellow pirates!

Interesting theory, Generous Amy Jackson, except for one small detail - if we had been with our parents when they died, we would have died, too!
What applies to one type of death will apply to all in this story; no exceptions.
1. Lost in Storm ( where's the survivors of this? )
2. Lost Treasure Hunting ( ditto )
3. Blasted by the Armada ( also ditto )
4. Mutiny ( ditto, ditto. )
5. Eaten by Skysquid ( now it's only possible that we may have survived this, but like I said, there can be NO exceptions applied. )
I believe our parents went on a dangerous mission and left us behind with the family that eventually raised us. Also that we may have been older than 5. That way we lose our memories of our parents but not of their death because our foster family tell us that they have died.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
Emerald 197 on Oct 15, 2017 wrote:

Great suggestions and welcome back to the Message Boards, Amy!

Ensign
Feb 21, 2016
Good thinking, anecorbie but remember about the part of the presidio companion. They would've gotten us to safety because we meet them alive and well (Again, except for Dead Mike, sort of). (With Mutiny, the bodies would've been buried due to Dead Mike's condition but ship probably didn't survive. It was probably a different one.) Anyways, I can sort of agree on your thoughts on the age but the presidio companion could've reminded us about them. Maybe yes on the 'left us behind with family that eventually raised us' but I don't know. I was a bit confused while making this theory but I wanted to post it so others can share me their thoughts. Again, good thinking anecorbie. Keep telling me your thoughts.

from Amy.
(EDIT: Thank you, Helpful Aurora Parker)

Captain
Apr 24, 2016
anecorbie on Oct 16, 2017 wrote:
Interesting theory, Generous Amy Jackson, except for one small detail - if we had been with our parents when they died, we would have died, too!
What applies to one type of death will apply to all in this story; no exceptions.
1. Lost in Storm ( where's the survivors of this? )
2. Lost Treasure Hunting ( ditto )
3. Blasted by the Armada ( also ditto )
4. Mutiny ( ditto, ditto. )
5. Eaten by Skysquid ( now it's only possible that we may have survived this, but like I said, there can be NO exceptions applied. )
I believe our parents went on a dangerous mission and left us behind with the family that eventually raised us. Also that we may have been older than 5. That way we lose our memories of our parents but not of their death because our foster family tell us that they have died.
ill give my input on dis!

(don't yell at me please)

1: lost in storm. its SLIGHTLY possible we survived this, but its only a slight chance.

2: lost treasure hunting. one of the shipmates could of rescued us, took us to (insert place your pirate was raised here), but the shipmate captured by the monquistans and taken to the presidio. look, its just my theory.

3: blasted by the armada. there isn't a possible way we could survive this.

4: mutiny. nope, there isn't a way we could of survived this. the crew members would of killed our pirate as well if we were there.

5: eaten by skysquid. this is possible we could of survived this, like I said above in "lost treasure hunting" but then again, we might not of.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
Emerald 197 on Oct 16, 2017 wrote:
Good thinking, anecorbie but remember about the part of the presidio companion. They would've gotten us to safety because we meet them alive and well (Again, except for Dead Mike, sort of). (With Mutiny, the bodies would've been buried due to Dead Mike's condition but ship probably didn't survive. It was probably a different one.) Anyways, I can sort of agree on your thoughts on the age but the presidio companion could've reminded us about them. Maybe yes on the 'left us behind with family that eventually raised us' but I don't know. I was a bit confused while making this theory but I wanted to post it so others can share me their thoughts. Again, good thinking anecorbie. Keep telling me your thoughts.

from Amy.
(EDIT: Thank you, Helpful Aurora Parker)
Oh, you're welcome!

Captain
Apr 24, 2016
thedragonpirate245... on Oct 17, 2017 wrote:
ill give my input on dis!

(don't yell at me please)

1: lost in storm. its SLIGHTLY possible we survived this, but its only a slight chance.

2: lost treasure hunting. one of the shipmates could of rescued us, took us to (insert place your pirate was raised here), but the shipmate captured by the monquistans and taken to the presidio. look, its just my theory.

3: blasted by the armada. there isn't a possible way we could survive this.

4: mutiny. nope, there isn't a way we could of survived this. the crew members would of killed our pirate as well if we were there.

5: eaten by skysquid. this is possible we could of survived this, like I said above in "lost treasure hunting" but then again, we might not of.
too late to edit now, what I meant to put was "but the shipmate got captured by the monquistans and taken to the presidio.)

Ensign
Feb 21, 2016
Amazing add, thedragonpirate! (I'll call you that for short I guess) Now that I think about it, maybe we were there but for certain ones like the sky squid and treasure hunting. I don't know, I'll keep thinking about it so keep helping me with this theory. Thank you thedragonpirate and anecorbie for helping. Also thanks to Aurora for her support.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
Emerald 197 on Oct 21, 2017 wrote:
Amazing add, thedragonpirate! (I'll call you that for short I guess) Now that I think about it, maybe we were there but for certain ones like the sky squid and treasure hunting. I don't know, I'll keep thinking about it so keep helping me with this theory. Thank you thedragonpirate and anecorbie for helping. Also thanks to Aurora for her support.
Aww, how sweet! You're welcome.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Perhaps there was a witness to their deaths on another, yet nearby, ship. This unknown witness could have saved someone from the disaster, like a Presidio companion (or us, if we were with the parents), and told what they saw to the foster parents who raised our pirates. I wonder how reliable the information we 'know' about our parents might be. Did someone assume, "No one could have survived that disaster." Could one parent have survived, and thought we were dead? Maybe not, but food for thought. Might there be a trapped by enchantment issue, where they could speak to us from, "beyond", but perhaps not be lost forever?

Ensign
Feb 21, 2016
Sorry I'm late (I have school ;-;) but good add Calamity Finch! How did I not think that there could've been witnesses nearby? They would've saved us (if we were there) along with the presidio companion and took us to our foster parents. Thanks for the add! (I seriously need to write this all down because this is a lot of adds to this theory from you guys and I didn't actually think anyone would help me so thanks again!)