Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Contessa Argento and a Promotion?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 06, 2011
Contessa is one of the few swashbucklers that do not get a promotion, however, she is quite good even at her nerfed state. Why not have a promotion? She has storyline dialogue and is commonly used? Maybe a promotion at level 70 involving Valencia City in Calabria or something else? Maybe as her new title, she has 2 backstabs or 1 assassin's strike and 2 hides. Just my opinion. I know that some of you are going to say "she'd be broken in PvP", and isn't there a way to make things no-pvp, like the opposite of forbiddance? Maybe have that to Contessa? Thoughts? Feedback?

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
We literally JUST recruited the Contessa -- it's way too early to promote her. The only reason Ratbeard and El Toro promote immediately is due to the added Skull Island content that levels pirates past the earlier recruitment points.

To me, companions don't necessarily need promotions all the time. One promotion for a companion, after we have had them on our crew for about 10-20 levels is perfectly fine.

If the Contessa turns out to be another Bonnie Anne or Ratbeard, after 20 levels, a promotion might be warranted.

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
Jacob LotusCaller on Jan 9, 2018 wrote:
Contessa is one of the few swashbucklers that do not get a promotion, however, she is quite good even at her nerfed state. Why not have a promotion? She has storyline dialogue and is commonly used? Maybe a promotion at level 70 involving Valencia City in Calabria or something else? Maybe as her new title, she has 2 backstabs or 1 assassin's strike and 2 hides. Just my opinion. I know that some of you are going to say "she'd be broken in PvP", and isn't there a way to make things no-pvp, like the opposite of forbiddance? Maybe have that to Contessa? Thoughts? Feedback?
I think Contessa doesn't get a promotion right now because we acquire her so late in the game. She recruits 2 levels above your pirate and my privateer was Level 69 when he recruited Contessa. That means my privateer got a level 71 Contessa. I think Contessa will promote eventually, probably at Level 80, if Ki ever adds another world(Polaris?) and more levels.